You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Not So Welcome Hello

Real Ghost Stories

A Not So Welcome Hello

 

I have many experiences ever since I was little. I am now used to my experiences when they happen as I am okay with what happens as long as I am not hurt in any way.

This experience takes place in my home town of Alberta, Canada. I had just bought my first home and was so excited to move in. A little lay out of my house. I own a four level split. When you walk in the front door, immediately on your right is the garage door (attached garage), and on your left you have a sitting room. As you walk straight just past the sitting room you will see the dining area which is kind of connected to the sitting room, and straight ahead is the kitchen and on your right is the stairs that lead to the bedrooms. When you walk upstairs you will have a washroom on your right and two spare rooms on your left and the master bedroom (which was my room of course) also on the left just after the bathroom. My cousin's room was downstairs.

We finally got the keys to the house and one of my cousins was moving in with me and she was the first one to move in and stay at the house as I was worked a 3-11 pm shift at the time. Finally on the weekend I was able to stay my first night at the house. My boyfriend at the time picked me up from work and then we headed towards my new home. He ended up staying the night as he lived about 30 minutes away from me and didn't want to drive home because he was tired. Everything was okay until the next morning.

It was the beginning of October 2005. During this time it was already cold outside, so no windows were open. My cousin had already left to go to work and about 7:15 am my boyfriend had to get up to go to work. I woke up as well so that I could see him to the door and lock it and go back up to my room and sleep a bit more since I was still tired. He left about 7:50 am, so I locked up the door and headed back to my room. Now I am alone in the house. About 10 minutes after my boyfriend left and just as I was about to fall asleep, I was rudely awakened by the sound of my bedroom door violently shaking like crazy, as if someone wanted to come inside. I shook it off as nothing as I've had many experiences before. About 10 minutes after that, and again just before I was just about to fall asleep, my door again starts violently shaking and the doorknob just rattling. This time I saw everything and sat up in my bed right away. At this time I didn't know what to think but I immediately said out loud, "Whoever you are, this is not your home anymore and you need to leave now! I am not here to hurt you or disturb you if this used to be your place but you need to leave me alone! Please do not hurt me."

I was so scared that I ended up calling my boyfriend, begging him to come back to the house. He told me he couldn't as he had already arrived at his work place. So then I decided to call my mom since I knew she was home. I told what had happened and that I wanted her to come over as I was scared to be alone. She told me just to pray and ask whoever or whatever to leave. So that's what I did.

The next day, I went over to my mom's and she sat me down and told me her story. She said the night before I stayed my first night at my house, she and my dad went over to drop off some things for us. Just before they pulled into the driveway, my mom said she saw someone walking around in the dining area (I didn't have any curtains or blinds up yet). When they got out of the car, my dad started to walk towards the backyard and my mom rang the doorbell. My dad was asking why she was ringing the doorbell, knowing that no one was home as both my cousin and I were at work. My mom expressed that she had seen someone walking in the house and that one of us was home. Sure enough she tried to ring the bell again. By this time my dad was annoyed with her and opened the door with his keys. Surprising to her, she found that no one was home. She told me that she didn't tell me when I called because she didn't want me to be more frightened than I already was. We did not wait another minute and had the house blessed as soon as possible.

Since then my door has not moved like that. I do keep holy water in my house at all times and when I feel the need to, I sprinkle some around the house as my way of cleansing the bad spirits away. I was also given a blessed necklace which I have put around my doorknob ever since it happened and I do not ever take it off.

However, I know I still have a visitor in my house as I have seen him around, yes a male. I don't think it's just him (more than one ghost) but I will be posting those stories separately.

I do have another story which you can check out at Http://www.psychic-experiences.com/real-psychic-story.php?story=8387

Thanks so much for reading. I hope I didn't spook you out too much. Comments are welcome or you are also free to email me at: Gsobredo[at]hotmail[dot]com.

Other hauntings by gstar08

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gstar08, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

gstar08 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-23)
BunnyPanda - no that was the only time anything scary happened. No more shaking doors hahaha.

I have spirits who make their presence of just wanting to say hello and that's abotu all they do. Sometimes they just stand around but they don't really do anything. Some of them play with the dogs we have in the house. But that's it.

I will be posting more stories here shortly as soon as the site is back up and taking more stories. It was down yesterday so I couldn't.

Feel free to email me if you like gsobredo [at] hotmail.com
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-23)
My grandmother had issues with a few nasty ones, quite a few years back. Her friend suggested purchasing a cassette tape (yes it was that long ago lol) of either Gregorian Chants, or perhaps Tibetan Monks melodies. Anytime she found that the air was getting a bit heavy, she would turn it on and clean.:) Glad to hear you're doing ok.
BunnyPanda (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
It seemed as if the spirit was just passing by, but be careful. I wonder, did the spirit ever shake the door again after you bless the house and have holy water? 😊
gstar08 (4 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Actually since I had the house blessed nothing that scary has happened. I have been living in the same house for 7 years now and its my place that I call home. =) I do keep Holy Water with me and I have numerous Rosary's kept around the house. My boyfriend actually has a thing now for rosary's and wears one around his neck every now and then. We also keep a really big rosary on the wall just above our dog's bed. =)

The spirits in my house just come to visit and do small things to show they are around. This experience is the only one which has scared me the most. Others not so much. I'm used to seeing spirits, shadow people, unexplainable noises or just weird happenings now. It does scare my boyfriend and room mate but having me around when it happens they are ok as they know I am the only one in the house that will be able to communicate if needed. I try not to speak to them as I've heard it attracts them so I just pretend they aren't there.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
I do like that you immediately had the house blessed. I can say from experience that if you do not rid of it at the first sign it could have gotten a lot worse, thank you for sharing this with us!

Blessed be ❤
robertar (223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
I liked the suggestion of open bible and reading. I sometimes like to joke about how much those spirits like to hear about Jesus. There are a number of Bible on CD/Tape/ or internet that you can just let play whether you are home or not.

Last suggestion is to pray daily/nightly that God allow nothing unclean to come into your home. It saves the trouble of having to guess which ones are "harmless" as some people will tell you to welcome them. I wouldn't.
AllieAllison (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
hes probly not going to hurt ou just another spirt waiting to cross over. Bibles might help to
Allison
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
Please try this...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
That spirit didn't waste time trying to run you out of your new home. How old is the house? It must have some history since your mom saw that spirit on the first night.

Thank you for sharing gstar08
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Why did I read this one, I am home alone!😁interesting account. Thanks for sharing it ❤

~Nikky
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Maybe an open bible on a table? Reading it from time to time can't hurt, might help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: