You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Happy Fathers Day Dad

Real Ghost Stories

Happy Fathers Day Dad

 

About 9 years ago my daughter was invited to a birthday party from one of her school friends. The party was held on a Sunday morning in the upstairs function room in a pub in our local town. I had never been to this pub and I needed directions to find it although I did know of the pub because my Dad had been a member of their fishing club before he passed away 2 years earlier.

So, the presents wrapped, the party outfit is on and were on our way. As we arrive we're greeted by the little girl's parents and my daughter goes off and joins her friends and I leave her there and will collect her after the party 2 hours later. I go back to the car and get in as I put the key into the ignition I'm overcome by the smell of cigarette smoke (as though someone just smoked 20 in the car) I'm not a smoker myself and no-one ever smokes in my car I had been in the function room of the pub up a back staircase that was full of 7 year old girls so there was no smoking in there!

It was a Sunday morning so no factories or machinery going that could have caused this smell. The first person I thought of was my Dad after all this was the only pub he ever went in. He didn't like pubs but would meet at this one every Sunday morning and they would go off for a days fishing. He was a heavy smoker, it was this that caused his passing, he died of lung cancer (to all you smokers out there it's a horrific way to go I don't mean to preach but seriously it's BAD) and the day of the party?...Fathers Day...,.'Happy Fathers Day Dad'

Other hauntings by Cliney1212

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cliney1212, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Sounds like that had to be your dad! Cause the scent isn't usually that strong unless someone is smoking right there with you in the car.I'd really like to know how that works! When you die your physical body is gone, so how can you still smell like smoke? Scent is absorbed into our bodies... So if the body is gone...what's holding the scent?
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Thank you both (miracles and haunted cleaner) for reading. ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Cliney - Not a doubt in my mind that your dad was letting you know he was there ❤.

One of the ways I know a spirit is around is by "smelling" them 😊. I have trouble with normal scents, but ghosts? LOL Not a bit of trouble smelling them 😆

This was a great story, by the way. Thank you.
Haunted_cleaner (7 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Awe Cliney...
Thanks for sharing with us. Your dad was probably so happy to see you at one of his favorite places he just had to let you know.

Lori
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Thanks for reading and for the comments. I agree I think my Dad definitely checked in.:)
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Ok, I was smoking while reading this and just as I reached the part you mentioned why he passed away I was putting it out! 😊 I have heard that sometimes loved ones make there presence known through scents... I believe it was your father popping in to say "hi".

Thank you for sharing

Krys

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: