You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Man In My Kitchen

Real Ghost Stories

Man In My Kitchen

 

This story take place in my home which is Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. A small layout of my house, which this story takes place. As soon as you walk in the front door, on the right side is the door to the garage and on your left is the sitting room. As you walk past the sitting room is the attached dining area and on the right is the stairs that lead to the bedrooms and washroom. Directly in front of you is the kitchen.

As some of you know I have many experiences and have just started to share my stories here. Please read my first story if you have not already read it. I'm sure it will entertain you. This next story of mine takes place February 2010, when my boyfriend and I just started dating. He has just fully moved in a week prior to this story, but has been staying with me at my house for a month before this happened.

One night we were both upstairs watching TV and for some reason started chasing each other around the house just as if we were playing tag. As my boyfriend ran down the stairs and into the kitchen and I followed behind him chasing and we were both laughing. I stopped dead in my tracks and stared into the left corner of my kitchen and immediately turned around and walked back up the stairs and said to my boyfriend, "Let's go upstairs." He asked me what was wrong, but I proceeded to just tell him we needed to go upstairs. He knew right then that I had seen something or someone but just didn't want to tell him so that he wouldn't be scared. As soon as we both got up to our room, I closed the door and locked it. He looked at me and said, "You saw something, didn't you?" I knew I wouldn't be able to hide it so I told him, "Yes, I did. There is a man standing in the corner of the kitchen by the window. He was just standing there watching us."

I don't like talking to them as I feel like they will try to communicate and I don't want to be harmed if I am unable to help them in whatever unfinished business they may have. They do not scare me and I have no problem if they are around as long as I am safe. I did not see his facial features or what kind of clothes he was wearing as the light in the kitchen was off. But I do know with the moonlight shining in I saw a human form of a male about 5'-10" with a medium build.

After I had seen this man standing in the corner, about a couple weeks after my boyfriend had an experience which involves our dog (Great Dane). Our dog's name is Sky and at the time she was 11 weeks old. My boyfriend did his usual routine in the morning of waking up, getting ready for work, letting Sky go outside to do her business, feed her and off to work he goes. This one morning wasn't the same. As he got ready to bring Sky downstairs to let her outside, Mark stood at the entrance way of the kitchen calling out to Sky as he noticed she was just standing at the top of the stairs looking down at him. He let her in the backyard, which you have to walk right through the kitchen to get to the back door. Sky began to bark at him and no matter how much he encouraged her to come downstairs, she wouldn't. She would look at him and then look at the exact corner where I saw the man and she would start barking. Mark knew then that what I told him a couple weeks before was true, seeing as Sky was now the one reacting in an odd way. He eventually went up the stairs and carried her downstairs and brought her outside. As soon as she was done, he brought her to her kennel, gave her food and water and he said he ran outside of the house because all the little hairs on the back of his neck and arms were standing straight up because he could feel a presence in the house.

Keep in mind, I had my house blessed before this happened and I do have numerous rosaries and a bottle of Holy Water in the house at all times. All the rosaries and crosses I have in my house, including candles, have all been blessed by a priest. I don't feel like I need to do a house cleansing or anything like that as the spirits in my house do not harm me or anyone but just like to let us know they are around. I am the only one in my house who can see them. Well, and of course Sky can see them too.

Thanks for reading. I will be posting more stories.

Feel free to email me if you like at gsobredo@hotmail.com

Other hauntings by gstar08

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gstar08, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

gstar08 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
I am not sure if it is the same spirit as I know I have more than one in my house. 😁
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Hello, Feeling like being watched I knew the feeling and Dog can see what we can't see that true. It might be the same one the one that turn the volume up your streo or what?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: