You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Saying Hello To Mark

Real Ghost Stories

Saying Hello To Mark

 

If you have not read my previous stories I ask you read them first as it gives you a lay out of my house and a better understanding of who lives in my house. My cousin no longer lives with me as she needed a bigger living space for her and her son as he has lot of toys. During this experience it is just my boyfriend (Mark), myself and our Great Dane (Sky).

This take place in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada about summer of 2010. As Mark has gone to work and I had the day off, I was getting ready to go out and was listening to music on my ipod, which I had hooked up to my surround sound system to get a better sound.

Sky was downstairs in her kennel, so I was the only one in the house roaming around. Just as I was in my master washroom putting on my makeup, I heard my stereo system volume slowly turn all the way down until I couldn't hear anything. It took me a while to check why no music was playing as I thought my ipod was just switching onto the next song. I checked the volume and turned it back up to volume level 15 and went back to finish putting on my makeup. Within a couple of minutes my stereo was then turned off. And then about 5 minutes after I turned it back on, the volume on my stereo all of a sudden is a full blast and as I ran to turn the volume down, I watched right before my very eyes as I put it back to volume level 15, the volume go right back up to full blast. It was almost as if the spirit or whatever was around me was standing right beside me was playing with the volume dial. It did not scare but it did make me mad because all I wanted as to listen to my music as I was getting ready to go out. Being so frustrated I said out loud, "Please stop playing with the volume. I just want to finish getting ready and go out with my friends. This is not the time to play around." Then the volume on my music stayed at level 15 just like I asked.

Just so you know when you walk in our room, the closet is on your left side along the same wall as the door you enter. On the left side of the wall is Mark's dresser and a window which our bed is sitting right underneath. Right across from the bed is a 4'-5" hutch with my clothes inside and on top is where the TV sits. On the left side of that is a shelf that holder the DVD player and all our movies and CD's. If you are looking at the bed, I sleep on the right side and Mark on the left.

About a week after, Mark and I were in our room watching a movie, again with the surround sound system in our room. I got a weird feeling that someone else was in the room with us. As Mark kept the remote controls for both the TV and DVD player on his dresser, I asked him if he could pass me the remotes as I knew this spirit who was in our room was going to play around again. Mark refused to pass me either controller so I looked at him and said, "Okay, don't say I didn't warn you." I was trying to avoid Mark seeing volume of the DVD player go up or down or the TV or DVD player turn off.

About five minutes after asking him to pass me the remotes, I asked him if he could pass me the bag of chips that was sitting on his dresser beside the remotes. As I am watching him lean over and reach for the bag of chips with his left hand, all of a sudden the TV turns off. He gave me a look that said, "How did you know that was going to happen?" I kind of just smiled at him, giving him a look that was saying, "I told you so!"

He brushed it off and tried not to think about it. About 10 minutes pass and I was checking my cell phone to see what time it was and Mark holds my right hand with his left but with a strong scared grip and as he is pointing to the TV with his right hand he says, "Look! Grace, look!" As I look up at the TV, you can see the volume slowly rising all the way to level 30. As this point, I was laughing because I knew it was the same spirit who was playing with my stereo as I was listening to my music. I couldn't help myself but I turned to Mark and said, "I suppose you want to sleep with the lights on now?" and he responded, "You're damn right I do."

As I chuckled about the situation, I explained to him what had happened when I was getting ready to go out with friends a week ago. I told him that if he ever felt scared, to ask whoever or whatever is in the same room to leave him alone. Mark is more used to these type of happenings now and is able to deal with them on his own if I am not around.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to email me if you like at gsobredo [at]hotmail[dot]com.

Other hauntings by gstar08

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gstar08, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
I'm sorry about I had to laugh at your boyfriend's reaction. I know it wasn't funny to him but it was funny to me. No offence. It you ever find out the history of the house?
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
lol that was funny when I read like you give him *I told you so Look* lol I love that story hope you tell us more soon.
Cristos0907 (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
It's nice that the ghost "introduced" itself to Mark when you were around. 😆 Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: