You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The 3rd Floor Boarding House

Real Ghost Stories

The 3rd Floor Boarding House

 

I read a lot of your stories and I am just looking for a good timing to share mine. This link is always open and actually bookmarked on my workstation's PC.

This is my first time to write this true to life story so I hope all readers will enjoy.

I am working in a BPO industry (call center) here in Davao City. Since I am not originally from Davao, we looked for a boarding house just a few blocks from the office. I was with my friends that were not Davao-born too. Luckily, we found a boarding house that was just newly built, 3rd floor and has 5 rooms. It was actually a 3rd floor of the owner's house. The first floor was their dining room, small variety store (sari2x store), while at the 2nd floor was their 2-3 rooms.

Our boarding house's entrance was different from the owner's entrance. Their main door was beside the stairs where we used to reach the 3rd floor. So it was a good thing especially for us callcenter agents not to disturb the landlord/landlady because we do not have fixed schedule, we can go in and out even if it is very late at night or dawn.

As mentioned, the 3rd floor has 5 rooms. Me and my 4 friends who are gays, yes, I was the only pure girl. They are gays but not totally cross-dresser. We understood each other because we were on the same province and our language too.

The 3rd floor looks like this way:

Climb the stairs and once you reach there, you will see a hallway with 5 doors, 2 at the left and 3 at the right. At the back, you will see the small dining table, the sink, the CR. Beside the dining table, there was a big window that does not have a grills or jalousie on it. It was literally an open window, it was like as big as 90 inch TV. If it rains, the helper will just put down the trapal or tarpaulin so the dining table as well as the floor won't get wet.

Okay, so the first weeks were okay. Sometimes, I left alone, since we 5 don't have the same rest days. We always work at night I forgot to mention. If one of us will have the rest days (2 days off), we will expect that the 3rd floor will be clean and neat after the night.

First, it was my friend Al, he had his rest day, and when we arrived around 5am, he approached us saying that he was not able to sleep the night. When he laid down, he heard someone walked up the stairs so he went outside his room expecting one of us went home and called "besh?" but saw no one, so he thought it was just his imagination (Al doesn't have TV that time). His 2nd night of rest day was the same. He was washing the dishes and felt and heard that someone went up the stairs again so he turned his face at the left where the stairs were located but saw no one. He felt goosebumps so he went inside his room. We just told him to ignore, maybe it was just the 2nd floor's stairs.

Next was my friend Rick, it was his rest day. He was sleeping and woke up because somebody called his name: "Rick!, Rick!" so he immediately got up and opened his door, expecting that it was one of us trying to borrow something from him or wanted to chitchat inside his room but saw no one, at the same time he realized that we were all at work. He shared it to us after the night and said he was really sure that he heard someone.

Next scenario happened to Jen. Me and Jen took our one day leave, it was Al and Rick's day off too and Ace was the only one that will report on that night. So, we were 4 at the boarding house. Jen had his visitor from Thailand (it's normal for our bisexual friends), we drank a little, did chitchat. Our drinking session was just minimal so I know everyone were ok, not drunk. We all decided to sleep around 2am that time so we all went to our designated rooms.

At morning around 9am, I woke up first since it's really my daily routine to have coffee and smoke for breakfast. Jen woke up too, sat beside me and told me the experience he had during the night. He told me that when he was about to sleep, he saw a man's shadow that was sitting at the top of the wall (Jen's room was the last room, the owner's house was beside a tall house too so if you will open Jen's window, you will face a wall that the top of it is higher than his window). It was sitting and facing his window. Jen did not really saw the face since he can just see the legs. But when he woke up, he realized that no one can climb on that wall just to sit there, at the other part of the wall was the roof deck of our neighbor and again it was too high that you cannot reach even if you will use a chair. Jen swore that he was not drunk too since we just drank a little.

And this was my experience, it was my rest day, alone, around 10-11pm. I did the dishes, just the normal night. But a few minutes, I felt weird, uncomfortable. First, I felt that someone walk up the stairs, I looked at the stairs and so no one so I continued the dishes, then next was unforgettable. I felt someone is watching at me, someone is really looking at me. I looked at the window but saw no one but really felt heavy. Then I felt my back was hot, really really hot. It seems that "it" stood at my back while watching what I was doing. I felt dizzy and run to my room, but I run like a drunk one. I was really dizzy. I locked my room and left the lights ON. I felt so sleepy that it seems that it vacuumed all of my strength. Up until now, I can't figure out why I was so weak and were able to sleep immediately after what happened.

Since that day, we called "it" as "angkol" or uncle. We did not welcome him but we just let him do what he wants to do since the 3rd floor has not yet been baptized as per the landlord.

I have additional story to tell next. Any comments and question will be appreciated. Thanks YGS.

Other hauntings by Athena_Star

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Athena_Star, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Vinayak16 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-22)
Hi Athena_Star

Sorry to hear so. I was wrong about 'it' then. I hope your update publishes soon so we can analyse what's wrong. Till then take care of yourselves.

Vinayak
Athena_Star (3 stories) (17 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-21)
Hi BeautInside,
Thanks for the comment.
"If you allow me, I'd like to ask you if either you or your friends have noticed/experienced anything else that could have frightened you?"
I wrote a 2nd story "The 3rd floor boarding house 2" and there I stated that there were scratches and "it" called my name. I hope it will be published ASAP. =)
Athena_Star (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-21)
Hi Vinayak16
Thanks for the comment.
"There's no scratches or bruises"- Unfortunately, there were scratches and worst, "it" called my name. It is on my 2nd story "The 3rd Floor Boarding House 2" and hope it will be publish ASAP.
Thanks again. 😁
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-21)
Hi Athena,

Looks like you've accepted co-existing with the entity and when there's no harm intend from its part I can't see why not. But when you felt that weight on your back and drained out of energy, it seems to me it might not have such good intentions. Looks like it was feeding off from your energy.

If you allow me, I'd like to ask you if either you or your friends have noticed/experienced anything else that could have frightened you? When you feel the presence of the entity what kind of feeling do you get (for instance indifference, fear, insecurity, comfort, etc)?

In either case, I think you should go for a cleansing or blessing of the place.

Thank you for sharing. ❤
Vinayak16 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-21)
I really find this creepy. I too has such an experience but the entity disturbing us was a demon. In your case the entity causes no harm. Apparently it wants your attention. There's no scratches or bruises (though you felt as if it's sucking your energy).

Update us with what happens. I hope the one reading this has a good day. Amen 😉
chloe26 (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-20)
Hi Athena,

Might've missed reading that part. I think everyone's right, a house blessing is in order.

Thanks again.
Athena_Star (3 stories) (17 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-20)
Hi lady-glow, Haven,
Thanks for reading and your question.
Chloe26 was right (thanks Chloe). What I meant was Catholic blessing. It is a ritual practice here in the Philippines, especially when you have a new home, apartment, building, business, cars etc. It is conducted by the priest (pray for it and spread holy water) for all the unwanted entities, souls, etc will stay away. It is also same with baby baptismal, baby christening or baby dedication (for Christians).
Sorry, we were not able to share it to our landlord. Aside from he was not always at home, we were all too shy too. We always believe that men do not believe stories like this (but now, I believe men do after reading stories here in YGS).
But the "nanay" that I mentioned, she is the mother of the landlord who is just residing at the front of the landlord's house.
For Haven, what I meant for the legs was... Just imagine, dark, and the only light is the street light, and someone is sitting in the bench and you can just see the legs that were seated. But you know for sure that there's an upper body, its not just that clear.
For lady-glow, yes, some say it is mandatory here in the Philippines to have this ritual since this has been a practice and also we are composed of mostly Catholics too. This is also a Filipino beliefs to cast away all unwanted beings.
To Chloe, hello kababyan. We were the first who stayed there at the 3rd floor. If I am not mistaken, I mentioned that it was a newly built 3rd floor so we were so grateful that we were the pioneers of that boarding house.

Yes, maybe (just maybe) it is with sexual orientation but I just wondering, why "it" is mad with kinds of gender?

Thanks to all. =)
Athena_Star (3 stories) (17 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-20)
Hi Dee,
Thanks for reading and your question.
"Me and my 4 friends who are gays, yes, I was the only pure girl. They are gays but not totally cross-dresser."
Sorry if I was not able to elaborate that much. What I meant was, I am the only "woman,girl", 4 of them are guys,boys,man that has a woman's heart, but they don't really dressed as a girl, they still dressed as normal men do.
Thanks. 😘
chloe26 (3 stories) (17 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-19)
Hi lady-glow, haven,

I think what Athena means is a Catholic blessing. It is a ritual practiced by the majority in the Philippines (given that our country is Catholic by majority) where the house/apartment/unit is prayed for and blessed by a priest, and holy water is sprinkled in all areas to ward of unwanted and evil spirits, and to make the house livable.

Hi Athena,
Please correct me if I'm wrong. 😊

Thanks for sharing your story, kababayan. I think I'm agreeing with lady-glow. Our country has just recently been "open" to the LGBT spectrum (hope I am saying this correctly, no intentions of offending anyone) and most of the old people I know are still somehow against the whole idea of it, so maybe the entity truly is a traditionalist that's unhappy with their orientation.

Or, it could just be an "old tenant" too. Did the landlord/landlady mention if the unit was occupied prior to you and your friends staying there?
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-19)
LadyGlow-

Sorry, looks like I was typing my comments when you submitted yours, we ask some of the same questions. Now, I'm having to wait 2 minutes to submit this comment 😉
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-19)
Hi Athena Star -

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean with the third floor hasn't yet been baptized? Is this some kind of ritual when new people move in to a place, or when a place has been recently built?

Also, have you shared any of your experiences with the landlord? Maybe they have seen and/or felt the same things you and your roommates have.

I'm also curious about the shadow legs. Do you know if the reason he could only see the legs is because the shadow was missing the rest of its body or because the legs was as far as your friend could see from the position he was at? I ask this because the legs would be the only part that would be touching or "against" the wall, this could be that a shadow was being cast maybe from a different floor of the building. It could have been the shadow of something that would make it resemble legs. Kind of like when you make shadows with your hands that resemble birds or other figures. Sorry if I don't make sense, I'm just blurting out my thoughts...

Anyway, seems like you have accepted to co-exist with this entity, so what exactly do you need help with?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-19)
Athena - I agree with CuriousDee, a blessing or cleansing of the premises is in order.

Have you talked to the landlord about these incidents? What do you mean by "the 3rd floor has not yet been baptized as per the landlord."?
Is it mandatory in your culture for the landlord/landlady to be the one/s in charge of performing any ritual for protection of a house?

Do you know if the property has been within your landlord's family for several generations?
Do you think your roommates sexual orientation to be a trigger for the activity?

Perhaps a not-so-modern ancestor is unhappy at the tenants' sexual orientation? 😕
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-19)
Hello Athena,

I have to ask... Something you mentioned caught me off guard...

"Me and my 4 friends who are gays, yes, I was the only pure girl. They are gays but not totally cross-dresser."

What do you mean by 'pure girl'? And: 'not totally cross-dresser'? Perhaps this is a cultural difference or miscommunication?

The incidents you described don't seem too bad. If there is a spirit hanging around, it hasn't caused any harm, just uneasy moments, which can be expected. I would recommend doing a blessing or cleansing according to your beliefs to ease any fears.

All the best,
Dee

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: