You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Don't Let Him In

Real Ghost Stories

Don't Let Him In

 

It was a regular spring night, back in 2009, my mother was working late, so I had the apartment for myself and decided to watch a movie and go to bed later then I should, I was only 15 back then and had school the next morning. When the movie was finally over it was about 11:40 pm.

I was in my room, kneeling on my bed taking off the stuffed aninmals and putting them on the floor. While I was doing so I heard what sounded like footsteps in the kitchen. I sudenly stopped moving and the noise too, making me think that I was the one making the cracking noises while moving on the bed. So after clearing my bed I start getting ready to jump into it, when sudenly I heard the footsteps again, but this time, once I stopped moving, the noises continued. And they sounded like they were coming closer and closer to my closed bedroom door.

So I got under the covers and listened while my heart was racing fast.

The footsteps were now so clear that I remember thinking to myself: "Oh my god, someone is in the house, the door is locked it's impossible." But it was so obvious that someone was walking down the hall leading to my room that I started crying in fear not knowing what to do. Once the footsteps were just outside my door, it stopped.

At that point I don't even remember breathing, I was under shock, frozen.

Then, I heard knocking on my door. I knew it wasn't my mother because she know's these things scare me and would never do that, plus I hadn't heard the front door open. It kept on knocking but it got weaker until it just sounded like someone was scratching the surface of the door but a weird breathing sound was added, like someone gasping for air. The whole time a voice in my head kept saying: "Dont let him in" It lasted about 5 minutes.

I was so scared and just wanted it to go away so I could finally stop crying.

So I said out loud: "Go away, there is no use, I'm going to ignore you"

And the second my phrase was done, the door yanked open.

From that momment on I have had something or someone following me, always letting me know he is there. And when I choose to ignore the presence he seems to get mad, like loud banging noises on the wall or apliances in my house being knocked over. He scares me, but more important I don't know what he is.

Other hauntings by GabrielladeLioncourt

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GabrielladeLioncourt, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Alaviya (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-02)
See that's where you went wrong this is the first story of yours that I have read and I know for a fact that when someone knocks at te door and you can't confirm who it is don't answer never answer and also when they call out to you late at night even if it sounds like your mom wait for the 4th call then you reply you replying to them if they are the mischievous kinds or mean sort is an invitation even when you are walking in lonely places when someone calls from behind do not turn around or reply just keep heading
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-03)
Oh ok well I think your stories are great. Keep posting!:) :-)
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-23)
yes indeed it is, I can't recall if I pointed out in violent proctector that it was the second part? 😕
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
Hey is this a part of your other story violent protector? It sounds as though it is
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
I would doubt its the property because it started 3 years after I moved to that place, and it follows me. Practically everywhere. Even at my father's house wich is about 1 hour and 30 minutes away from my mother's home. It has been disturbing my sleep ALOT.

And I don't know if ghosts can take control of a human body, can they?
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
GabrielladeLioncourt

Luckily I don't think you have a demon. He sounds like a really pissed human ghost. They can get strong and be nasty. A ghost is going to behave the same as they were in life.

Entities can be attracted to depressed people. But it is usually long periods of depression and you have to wonder if these people are depressed because they are in a house with ghosts who are unsettled. The other option is the persons energy attracts something. In that case you won't have typical ghosts. Those would be traveling spirits or other beings. Regular ghosts don't travel like that.

In your case. I think this being was already at this location and you intruded. For one moment imagine that you are eating dinner. Then a family comes into your house and takes away your furniture, replaces it with their own and all the while they can't see you. YOu are jumping up and down, trying to get their attention but they don't see you and continue to live. As they are there you find inventive ways to make your presence but they still don't get it.

After some time you will be pissed and you will get angry, you may get violent. YOu will learn which members can see you.

I think when you acknowledged him he realized you could tell he was there and now he is exploiting it.

Just because he is a ghost doesn't make your job easier. In my opinion it makes it a little harder because he is attached to HIS property. Demons don't like here naturally, they are squaters.

You can email me personally if you like. I have a different way to deal with these problems. If the standard approach doesn't work. Although human ghosts respond to religous attacks better. Mostly because in life humans were religous and went to church (some of them) their beliefs will be the same in death. Demons don't normally respond to certain religous things like praying to God... I've never met a Christian demon nor a Jewish one. That kind of crap usually falls on deaf ears. Human ghosts will respond most of the time.

Start off with that. Know that he is NOT stronger than you. He needs to learn to live peacefully with you or leave. Start getting that set-up. He isn't classically haunting you like most peaceful ghosts do. He is trying to scare you on purpose to make you leave. He will start to talk to you and your sleep is going to start to suffer soon if it hasn't already
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
[at] rook
I have never really done anything to provoke or commnunicate with the paranormal exept for being highly intrested in it. But I have heard that entities sometimes are attracted to people that are feeling down, depressed and are unhappy. This did happen in a hard time of my life. But
Iveexperienced a lot of paranormal misadventures throughout my life. Mostly brief and not so scary. But this entity felt different, it was the very first time I felt that this was stronger then me and that I should be scared. That what ever his intentions may be, its not good. I know going from ''aknowledge me'' to doors yanking open is hardcore for a first time, but that's what scares me so much, he came on strong and agressive, and hasnt left since. He didn't give me any reason what so ever to fear him really, except he shows great signs of frustration. Banging on walls, throwing things off shelves. Always startling me. After a few months of this, apparitions started showing up every now and then of the same man.

[at] redphx
Thank you for your help and advice! I will try the cleansing method! 😊
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
btw. I am trying to give advice. I wouldn't follow getting a trained medium myself, I don't need one. I was trying to tell a novice what a good course of action would be. As that is why she came here. So I sometimes speak from the view point of the OP (which is wrong and I didn't realize I was doing it until now.) 😕
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
yes. I believe that was confusing let me break it down.

The reason for the medium (in my opinion) is to find out what this being is. I don't believe this is a typical haunting as it didn't follow the "classic" signs, but I could be wrong.

The reason I state now to ackbowledge it is because you already have. You can't go back in time and fix it. That is why (if it were me) to do a full frontal assault. And I would want a medium to help better understand this being. Maybe his actions are being taken the wrong way. But if the person who has let him in and no longer wants his presence, simply ignoring it will not due. It knows she is aware of it. Lets say she didn't speak to it and she didn't acknowledge it. Would still have opened the door? I don't know the aswer to that. Possibly. Also let's say she didn't let him know she was aware of him and she continued to ignore the being and not show fear (which would be hard to do) it may possibly leave it might not.

I can't speculate all days doing what-ifs. But the reason I stated to forcefully remove him at this point is because he already knows that she is aware of him. Mediums help people accomplish expelling a being if someone doesn't want them and when they have no experience. In my opinion I also would like information on where it came from, perhaps his MO, and who he is. I would want to know answers to that so in the future I would know how to protect myself.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
redphx,

Your 'White Light', Healing and Non-religious approach are all good advice based on methods used by 'Non-Christian' individuals, but I do have a question concerning something you have stated...

You stated this... (quoted so there is no misunderstanding)

"you weren't supposed to let him in! The voice in your head wasn't speaking in the physical sense of opening your door. It meant to not speak to him. When you did, you acknowledged his presence, and you let him in.

You now need to kick him out. And fast. When you feel his presence now you need to go on attack and tell him to get lost. Tell him to get to steppin."

Which confuses me a bit... If acknowledgement of any type 'opened' the door and allowed this 'spirit / entity' in wouldn't continued acknowledgement of it provide the energy it needs to 'hang around'? I'm just asking because if this 'spirit / entity' just arrived 'out of the blue' looking for any type of attention then any sort of acknowledgement / attention will not 'drive it away' but will be providing exactly what it wants, and therefore keep it around.

So while I agree that 'white light', healing, and shielding are good ways to approach this (none of which require direct acknowledgement of the 'spirit / entity), and bringing in a medium, a reputable medium, may (should help) any further direct interaction by the O/P will only give the 'spirit / entity' the 'attention' it came looking for in the first place.

I am also really curious as to just 'why' this 'spirit / entity' went from '0' interaction to full blown 'acknowledge me' mode. It has been my experience that haunting's of this nature build to this point... It may have been a 'visit' to a location and the 'spirit / entity' attached itself to the individual because of that individuals energy, or perhaps the 'spirit / entity' was attached to an object recently purchased for the home. These are the two most 'common ways' an 'outside spirit / entity' can enter a home. Another is individuals 'dabbling' in the occult in one way or another and ending up with a 'spirit / entity' attachment. In all these cases the haunting usually builds slowly... Things like 'where'd my keys go, I know I set them right there' are the start... Building to the 'you will acknowledge me!' doors flying open.

I'm rambling, Sorry about that... My experiences make me believe that this didn't just go from 0 to door's flying open... All in one evening... There was something happening that either went unnoticed or someone has done something that has caused this to happen in this manner.

I hope the O/P comes back and updates / answers our questions.

Respectfully,

Rook
Cali (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
When I was little and still now a boy follows me but does nothing to harm me. It seems to me like this person needs your help or needs to help you. This sometimes occurs when they have to do something in order to pass into the next life. If it hasn't done anything to harm you, then just ignore it or try to ask what it wants.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
I honestly also recommend you find a medium who can expel him from your home. You don't have to go the "religous" route. That is BS. Religion doesn't keep you from beings. You do that. People don't realize their religion is what makes them stronger because they think that since they are religous that will protect them. Everyone has the ability to feel protection. Religion doesn't do anything. Most Priests will be able to bless your home and expel some spirits. The reason is, they feel powerful. They weild the white light. We all weild white light but no one ever uses it.

I recommend a medium just because they are better and pinning down what type of entity you have and some mediums are psychic so they could tell you what his intentions are. They have more knowledge than a priest in this case. But the medium is just as strong as she uses the white light just like he does. There is no difference.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
you weren't supposed to let him in! The voice in your head wasn't speaking in the physical sense of opening your door. It meant to not speak to him. When you did, you ackowledged his presence, and you let him in.

You now need to kick him out. And fast. When you feel his presence now you need to go on attack and tell him to get lost. Tell him to get to steppin. Envision healing and powerful white light surrounding you and the house and your family.
johnjohn17 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
GabrielladeLioncourt,

From the sounds of it you not having a religion like me because I'm not sure what to believe from years and many translations of the bible, and from you saying that youve told it to go away, its true bout the puberty stuff but if you don't force it away it could still stay with you, also describe to me some fetures of this entity if you can and does it have a name, I personally would recommend going by a church don't have to walk inside if you get like a sickness then I would see someone bout it from a church, also are you wickin or believer in something of that type of nature
faith24 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
I completely agree with what Tabby said about praying but since you don't want to do that... You just got into puberty at 15 it should fade with time because some spirits like to attach them selves to that stange... I don't know why... Any ways
Ps smuging didn't work for me
Carolann1015 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
I read this and was shocked. Most people don't have such bold experiences. My advice is to stay strong, and to make sure "he" knows that it is your place. Dont give in to him trying to scare you... I hope he leaves you alone and you can be at peace. ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
GabrielladeLioncourt,

Here is the cleansing Blue Turtle mentioned. No 'Religion' required.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

I do not mean to sound rude with my next question, but I have to ask because Haunting's of this nature rarely begin 'out of the blue' as you have described. So I ask you... Had you, or friends of yours attempted any sort of communication / interaction with Spirits or the 'Paranormal'? Or, perhaps someone you know has dabbled in witchcraft? Again I ask because if your experience is true, then it's very rare for something like this to just happen 'out of the blue'. Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Thank you everyone for taking the time to read my story and give me advice. Unfortenetly I do not believe in god. But I apreciate your help 😊

But [at] Blueturtle I have tried to tell him to never come back but it didn't work. Although he does come and go. He could be gone for months, but re-appears every now and then. But I never tried cleansing the house:O
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Thanks for sharing your story with us, I got chills went I read the part of the door flying open! I've had experiences like that before so I know just how terrifying that is.

I do agree with the others on how you should pray or look into cleansing your home/room. And also on telling the entity that he/it is not welcome in your life and to leave you alone.

Keep us updated!

Looney.
ada (4 stories) (44 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
I was told by a preacher to say JESUS 3 times and if it is evil it will go away. I did that when my mother and I blessed oil and prayed over our house and property and I I have not seen my entity since. Give it a try... Bless you.
Hunter_11 (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
I agree with 'tabby cat' you must try that. And I hope it leave you alone and god bless you ❤
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
There are people on this site who can suggest house cleansing methods. This story frightened me and, if it's true, is certainly indicative of a haunting. Spirits can sometimes attach themselves to a person they know is sensitive to their presence.

Try smudging the house, or your room. Open all the windows and light some candles or burn incense. I would tell your parents about this encounter and, hopefully if they see how important it is to you and how scared you were, they should help or offer advice. Tell the spirit that he is no longer welcome and that you command him to leave the house. Your word is stronger than anything and you need to be assertive and firm in your demands. A simple 'go away and never come back' may work.

Have you tried anything like this yet? I know that a fellow poster, Rookydin, has a good recipe for a cleansing which he has spread all over the site. I would recommend looking into that.

I hope this matter gets resolved for you quickly and let us know what happens. 😊
Tabby-Cat (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
I suggest you say the Lord's Prayer twice when you go to bed because the same kind of thing happened to my older sister two nights ago. She said that something had hit her hard on the waist when she turned around in bed, so I told her to say the Lord's Prayer twice when she when to sleep and to keep it on hand. Last night, we both said it twice and we weren't bothered. I only suggest this because I believe in God, but if don't want to, you don't have to. I hate it when people force their religion on someone.
Good luck and Bless you,
Tabby ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: