You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Ghost Repeating His Pattern

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Repeating His Pattern

 

We were always told by our elders not to stay out late at night, because we might stumble upon 'things' that claim the streets their territory between 12 am and 5 am. And when we entered the house during those hours, we were told to enter with our back, facing the door. This way nothing would be able to follow us inside. This is not what we youngsters liked to hear. We thought it was just a silly superstition because we liked to go to the movies and stay out until 2 or 3 am.

My nephew, who was living alone, came home one night, around 3 am. He opened the kitchen door and the thought of entering with his back never crossed his mind. He came in, walked to the sink to wash his hands. After that he went to the dining room to get something out of the refrigerator to drink and then sat down at the table to drink it. Then he went to the toilet and before he went to bed, he washed his face in the bathroom.

When he was laying in his bed, he suddenly heard dragging footsteps in the kitchen. He froze, because he thought it was a robber. He laid still and heard the footsteps go from the kitchen door to the sink, then to the refrigerator, then to the dining table. Now they were headed to the hall where the bathroom and toilet were. He didn't sleep with his bedroom door closed and the bathroom and the toilet were right across his bedroom. He slowly got up and took a knife from under his bed. He slowly walked to his bedroom door and heard the footsteps enter the toilet. He than abruptly pulled open his bedroom door, stormed to the toilet door, opened it with his knife ready to defend himself.

There was nobody in the toilet. As a matter of fact, upon investigation, there was no one in the house, except him. The kitchen door was still locked and all other doors and windows as well. He was puzzled but then it dawned on him that the footsteps had followed his exact pattern when he entered the house. From that day on he made sure at night he always came in with his back, facing the door, just like the 'old folks' said.

Other hauntings by asje

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, asje, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

monicar (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
im with metalhed16 that was creepy I heard all kinds of tails but that was the first thank you my parents are very superstitious ❤
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-14)
that was very creepy... I wonder why this thing copied the pattern he did when he arrived back home. That is strange... That might bother me for a while lol.

thanks for the interesting story

and god bless
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Oh my! I will now do that for now on! I may not live there, but I don't want anything freacky like that! I always came in the normal way, even at that time n othing weird happened, or I think... Anyways I'll do that so I won't creepy myself out when it's at that time of night!
Blessings to everyone,
Mikomi
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
😨 wow that was weird! But thanks for the tip, I go out until very late at night, I should try this too.
I hope everything is well.
neat story though
asje (7 stories) (20 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
There are lots more 'guidelines' based on superstition. More than we care to obey: never walk under an umbrella at night, even if it pours ('cause spirits will accompany you), never eat while you're walking in the street at night (cause spirits will stick their finger in it and you will get sick), don't let a baby look behind you over your shoulder while you're carrying it at night ('cause if a ghost is walking behind you the kid will see it and get sick).😕
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
Wwwweeeiiirrrddd! I wonder what this is... Where does this superstition come from? Oh, Suriname. Wow. Yeah this one is strange. Neat, though.
HELENA2006 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
Wow, that is a very interesting yet cool story. If you have anymore encountors or if someone else in your family does, please write back becuase I would love to hear more about it!
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
THIS is strange. Oh I haven't a clue about what that is? A thing that likes you routines? Ha. Weird. Be careful and safe. May God bless you.

Ceary

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: