You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Nightly Visitors

Real Ghost Stories

Nightly Visitors

 

These 2 events occurred when I was babysitting my brothers' kids at his house. There is a balcony in the front of the house, my room (the guest room) was across of it; it looked out on the balcony. I stayed up late studying. It was near 11:00 pm. The kids were already asleep. I hadn't closed up the house yet; the doors and windows were shut, but the curtains were still open. Also the windows of the room I was in were still opened. I wasn't scared of thieves because my brother had a big dog.

All of a sudden the dog started barking fiercely on the balcony. I got up and walked over to the front door to see if there was someone there. I looked through the glass panel of the door and saw the dog barking into a corner of the balcony, as if it had corned something there. I thought maybe a rat. I went back to my room, but the dog kept on barking. Not wanting him to wake up the kids I decided to step out and make him stop. As soon as I unlocked the door, everything happened so fast: the dog gave out a loud wail as if someone/something had hit it, I got goosebumps all over when I realized there was nothing on the balcony and I felt some kind of wind brush pass my legs, into the living room. I was extremely scared, but I investigated the house, thinking that maybe some kind of small animal came in. I found nothing.

I didn't tell my brother, because he would have been angry with me for stepping out of the house. The next day an elderly woman explained to me that the dog probably cornered some kind of 'spirit' who wanted to use my brother's yard as a shortcut. It could be, because my brother's house is near a cemetery. She said the 'thing' probably fled into the house and escaped through the windows of the guest bedroom.

Another night, again I was babysitting at my brother's house. After watching some TV, I went to bed. This time I slept beside my little niece. I could not fall asleep, so I laid staring in the dark. It must have been past midnight. All of a sudden I heard slow, dragging footsteps. I was wide awake and I knew the kids and I were the only ones home. If it was my brother I would have heard his car coming up the driveway. The footsteps continued to the bedroom door, then they stopped. I looked at the door in terror, wondering what would happen next. Then there were three loud knocks on the door. I laid there in the dark, scared out of my wits. I laid awake until I heard my brothers' car up the driveway. I was extremely relieved and decided there and then that I would never babysit for him again.

I now live in my own place. The previous tenant was strangled in that house. People always told me I was crazy to rent the house, but I needed a place to stay. I can't say I'm 'actively' being disturbed, but I often wake up at night, extremely cold, really chilling to my bones, as if I was sitting in a freezer. That lasts for a few seconds and then I feel normal again. I believe that when this happens, the spirit of the previous tenant is around.

Other hauntings by Asje

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Asje, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dontxholdxback (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
nice story... Its really scary hearing those footsteps! Wew! I also have experienced on that. Me and my family was having our breakfast that time, when suddenly we've heard some footsteps running on the 2nd floor. We've thought that it was only my niece running but when I checked him up upstairs, he was still sleeping and his blanket were wrapped so tightly.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-15)
Asje, thank you for sharing your story with us. I found it to be quite interesting. Also I can't remeber if I welcomed you to the site or not, so just in case welcome.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: