You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandfather Visits His Wife And Grandaughter

Real Ghost Stories

Grandfather Visits His Wife And Grandaughter

 

In 2010, my grandfather died of respiratory cancer about a day or two before my birthday. He always had said I was the light of his life. We had lived in Sylmar, but when he got ill we moved to a new house. The new house has brought many experiences to my life. I am not completely sure my grandfather is the one visiting, but it makes sense to me.

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that he was in, and I hugged him and started to cry when I saw him. I woke up and tears were in my eyes, and my room had a musty smell that honestly, smelled like him. I was filled with a warm fuzzy feeling and felt like I was being watched. I also sometimes will see something moving in the living room next to my grandma's room. I, being close to my grandma, usually am in her bedroom.

She doesn't see these things but our dog, Cricket, perks her ears up and sees something, too. My grandpa always loved us a ton and I miss him. Sorry if you were looking for a scary experience, but I just felt I should share this. My grandpa's ashes and pictures cover my grandma's bedroom, along with his old favorite rocking chair. Also, I hear sounds of something tapping against wood every 10-15 seconds every night when I am in bed.

It sounds like someone walking up the stairs towards my bedroom and my cousin's room. I usually feel scared, pray to God for anything evil to go away, then am filled with a warm feeling and the sound continues, but doesn't scare me. Does this mean that it was not an evil entity, or is possibly my grandfather? Also, my mother died in about 2007, my grandma and grandpa's two of four grown children, Mike and Mary, both died of cancer in 2007 & 2008. My aunt has heard Mary call out to her that "The power outage is because I needed to get your attention."

That night was a Christmas family get-together and the power had gone out. I will be posting other experiences, such as in the haunted Sylmar house, etc. Thanks!

Other hauntings by kestralflightwarriors

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kestralflightwarriors, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
kestralflightwarriors: Sorry for your loss, I would definitely say that this was your Grandfather letting you know that he is still looking over you, the things you have experienced are quite textbook in regards to a passed loved one letting us know they are still with us.
What your Aunt heard is amazing, it just adds stock into what a lot of us hear already believe. 😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
virtualboy (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
It sounds like a lot of what I have expirienced growing up in a family of sensitives. We tend to have a lot of family around us, even when they're not there. Trust your gut. If you feel that its your grandpa, then it most likely is. And I would say that's exactly the message he was sending when you were scared and praying. Thank you for sharing:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: