You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Let Me Fan

Real Ghost Stories

Let Me Fan

 

I'm new to this site, but I've always read the great stories, and I felt the need to contribute. I apologize if my story turns out a little long, I just wanted to describe everything up to that point, so you can get a feel for it. And now, on to my story yes?

This event happened while I was on vacation with my mother in Cambodia, and it has stuck with me ever since. The year was 2008 and I was lounging about at home. Having just graduated high school, I didn't know what to do with my life, so I decided to take a break from chasing after school to find out. It was on a warm night, when my mom asked if I wanted to visit my grandmother. I jumped at the chance, and said yeah, why not, seeing as I had nothing to do here (I was jobless at the time so nothing was holding me back). I was surprised at how quickly my mother acquired the our plane tickets, but I rarely question how she does those things. So we got ready and packed up, and left the following week.

My father, sister and brother went to see us off and wished us a good time staying in Cambodia. After three days on a plane, and horrible food, we reached our destination, and were greeted by our relatives. It was great to see family, especially since they live so far away. We then traveled to my relatives in the city and stayed for a couple of days, before we transversed to the country side, which took about 4 hours. After arriving, we unpacked and ended up staying there for 2 weeks. During that time however, was probably one of my creepiest moments in life.

After getting adjusted to the town of the country side, me and my mother decided to visit my grandmother, who lived about 15 minutes away from where we were staying. We left the next morning, and my cousin accompanied us there. Once we reached the small village, which made the town look like a city, I met with my grandmother and uncles. We greeted each other and began preparing a feast. My uncles were astounded by my appearance (at the time I was 6' 2" and weighed around 180, which is big, for an asian) and they kept interrogating me. We laughed it off, and just enjoyed each others company. Afterwards, the meal was complete, and we all feasted. It tasted so good, far better than that airline junk. After everyone consumed a hefty amount of delicious food, we decided to relax and kickback. It was in the afternoon, where the sun was high, and the heat reached its peak. My uncles went to tend to the cattle and take care of farm work. Myself, my mom and grandmother, decided to head into my grandmothers house/hut and take a quick nap. Now, the way my grandmothers house was set up, it was a giant room, with 2 beds and 4 barred windows. There was a bed for 2 of the 4 windows, and a lawn chair. I took refuge in the lawn chair, while my grandmother and mom took to their beds.

I was staring up at the ceiling while listening to my grandmother speak to me and my mother. My mom was scolding me for being a lazy ass, while in return, getting scolded by her mother. I chuckled, and closed my eyes. At that time, my mom was holding a hand fan, the ones you use to fan yourself. I was listening to her fan herself, and she suddenly stopped. I thought nothing of it, and dozed off. I awoke an hour later, and it was time for us to return to the town we were residing in. My cousin arrived to pick us up, and I bid farewell to my grandmother and promised to visit the next day.

When we reached my cousin's home (the place where we stayed for the next 2 weeks) My aunt and uncle had begun to close up shop. They own a pharmacy, and distributed medicine, while my uncle, a doctor, had returned early to help close up. I chipped in, trying to make myself useful. After all that, we freshened up and ate dinner. After eating and chatting it up, it was time for bed. I got into my bed while my mother went into her room. Across the room from me, slept my aunt and uncle. When the lights went out, it was pitch black, and I got goosebumps just staring into blackness. I have an overactive imagination, and started to get paranoid, but I told myself to calm down and close my eyes, which I eventually did. Hours passed when I heard my mother and Aunt chatting in the kitchen. It's always interesting listening to adults, so my curious nature gave way. What my mother discussed in the next few minutes ended any type of hope of me going back to sleep.

My mother had told her sister of the event that happened at my grandmothers house. She said that while she was fanning herself and trying get a good nap in, she heard a whisper telling her to stop. She thought nothing of it, and continued fanning. Afterwards, she stopped fanning, not because she wanted to, but because she couldn't, because whatever was speaking to her, also prevented her from fanning. Again, the voice became more pronounced and demanded my mom to stop fanning, and let it do it. My mom, said no, and that she could do it herself. Apparently, the whisper she heard, was a spirit or ghost, telling not to fan herself, and let it do it for her, according to my mom. When I heard that, my jaw dropped, and I wondered how all this happened in an hour.

Now, I'm a firm believer in the supernatural and paranormal, because there are things that happen in this world, that are unexplainable. After hearing that, I was paralyzed with fear. All I could do was remember that incident, because I heard her stop fanning. I got goosebumps and a chill went down my back. My aunt and mother continued chatting and afterwards, went to bed. I on the other hand, laid in my bed, staring into darkness, paranoid and sleepy. I closed my eyes quickly, and covered myself with the blanket. I eventually feel asleep, and woke up the next morning.

The next few weeks were fairly normal, and we soon went home (back to the US). I was so glad to be back home, and told myself never to go back to Cambodia. I ended up going 2 more times.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Apexx_88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-07)
wow that was freaky, but that spirit wanted to help your mom lol...
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Hi Apexx_88, Thanks for sharing this with us. I was just wondering if you or your mom asked your grandmother if she ever experienced anything in the house before? It did sound like it wanted to be helpful, which is just the kind of experiences I like to hear about. 😊
Apexx_88 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
I feel like it was maybe a spirit of the house who was being generous, but my mom is a stubborn person lol. Thanks for the comments! 😁
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
This spirit sounds very nice. I haven't came across any spirit that want to fan me haha. Thanks for sharing.

JS aka Brandon 😊
WeirdnFreaky (7 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
Wow! That's freaky, your mum talking with a spirit? Maybe the spirit was attached to the fan she had or is just a kind sort of spirit. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: