You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: In Your Face

Real Ghost Stories

In Your Face

 

The house that I spent my teens in was built in Colorado at the beginning of the last century around 1900, and was later added on to in the 1930's. To really understand this story keep in mind it has an old and newer section to it. The only death I was able to document in the house was that of a little boy about ten years of age that passed from the Influenza epidemic of 1918. He and a few others had been seen or felt in the older part of the house; but nothing in the newer portion of the home, but this is not the story. A little lay out of the place would help to visualize the house.

When you walk in the front door you're in the living room, off to your left is the dining room and a doorway that leads to a small hallway that to your right was mine and my brother's bedroom and to the left was my mothers and stepdads bedroom and a bathroom between the two. The kitchen was off of the dining room that led into a small pantry and the backdoor and the basement. My sister's room was off of the living room, which is important because the ones that are in the older part of the house stay there, they don't like to cross into the newer part of the house.

So, to begin with I and two other bothers that were older than me shared a room that we never had a problem with. I say this because the first thing out of people's mouths after I tell this tale is you went through a fear cage thing. This is not the case because 99% of the time you felt fine in the room and that part of the house.

Well one day I came home from school and it was already dark outside and snowing, I was about 16 and was ready to drop my books and forget them, when I literally ran into a shadow thing, in the center of the room, not by it, not passed it, but into it and bounced off of it. This thing was well over six foot, I was about 5'10 then, so what I mean is it was tall. And it was like slamming into a brick wall, there was no giving. You did not see it in your peripheral vision, it was not running against the wall or ducking behind anything or playing peek a boo with you. It was in the center of the room and in your face.

It was like a cut out of some kids black paper pad, no light came through it, it was pitch black in the room and this thing was darker then the blackness. Laying there on my back looking up at it I could make out no eyes or any facial features or anything else, it was like it was just flat. But there was one thing I could understand that it was pissed off. It was like running into something that hates, fears, or covets all that humans have and is 345 pounds with and attitude. I would not call this thing a shadow person; I would call it real fear.

Well I ran and when your 16 you can run. I had seen it a few other times and so did my bothers but not in the same way, not so open.

I will post more of this house...

Other hauntings by jerryhend1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jerryhend1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

antone (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Oh wow. Seeing a shadow is one thing... Bouncing off a shadow is another... And waaay terrifying. I think I would have died from a heart attack.
kyro_kenny23 (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-19)
I really loved the story. Glad you are out of that house. Can't wait to read the other story. 😊
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-25)
To all, I am very sorry this is so late; I did not know they had published it already; it was shaped like a human - just no detail. It was in the old part of the house. This one is the only real evil thing at the time, other than the thing in the basement, the rest were benign or just curious.
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
Sounds really scary... Can't wait to read more of your stories from this house especially as there was so much activity 😊
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
GREAT story! Was it obviously shaped like a person? Or just a vague shape that was a bit person-like? What did it feel like when you walked into it? Warm, cold, hard, soft, flat...? Also - any chance it could actually have been a person? You said it looked flat, but maybe that was the dark playing tricks on your eyes?

I'd never have set foot in that house again, and I'm not easily spooked!
Mercury93 (5 stories) (18 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
I love the whole "when youre 16 you run" part. Its so very true. That was a completely terrifying story. I know, I would run too... But it seems that, it knows that youre terrified and shows more of itself after, like you said. It may be an intellegent being, trying to chase you out. Just a thought. Thanks for sharing.
MickeyN (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
That would scare me senseless. Thank the Lord I've never ran into a spirit (in the literal way). I would start walking with my hands out in front of me at all times. 😆 In all seriousness, whatever you ran into doesn't sound pleasant, which only makes it more scary to read about.

On another note, this kind of reminds me of Paranormal Activity 3 where the girl is just running through the bedroom and suddenly runs into a spirit. Let's look on the bright side-- at least the spirit didn't grab you by the hair like it did in the movie!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Well jerryhend1, whatever that thing was sure knew how to make a statement. I would have been scared right out of my skin if that happened to me, and like you left nothing but a cloud of dust behind me. Ewww I got the heebie jeebies now. 😨 This one totally broke the needle on my scared-sh**o-meter 😲
kristy-lee1985 (4 stories) (44 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
oh my god you poor thing, I would of left a nasty stain on the floor if this had of happened to me 😁 the fact that you said it was in the "newer" part of the house and that the sense you got off of it was fear, that it was not happy suggests that it's not happy that these "newer" parts were added. I feel sorry for you, I have never had this sort of interaction and I kind of hope I never do good luck
reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Yikes! I would have run as well!
So, I understand that there's an old and a new part of the house - you mentioned "the ones that are in the older part of the house stay there." So, you saw/felt/FELT this thing in the new portion? That was my only confusion 😳
Does your family still live in this house? It's neat that you know and recognize the history - I'd love more details and stories 😊
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
OMG jerryhend, now THAT sounds really scary! I would have more than a conniption, if that had happened to me. I would have ran too!
Did you ever find out what it was?
Thank you for scarring me out of my wits! 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: