You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ex Boyfriend's Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Ex Boyfriend's Ghost?

 

I have many experiences with the paranormal. I have nothing to gain from making them up, the earliest I can remember hearing or feeling strange "things" was at the age of about 6 or 7.

I come from Zimbabwe where tokoloshis (African trolls) terrorise the locals, wizards, warlocks and witch doctors are everywhere. Whether or not you believe in these things, they exist, call it what you may. Well now I realise that I must have some kind of sensitivity towards the spirit realm as I have moved to New Zealand & I am still having these strange experiences.

Around the middle of the year in 2010, I was living in Auckland City Center with one other flatmate. It was a tiny 3 bedroom apartment that was warm & convenient for me as school & work were 5 minutes away. We were in between finding a new flatmate to split the bills with, so the room adjacent to mine was empty. The walls are hollow & sometimes at night I'd swear that there was someone in there opening & closing the cupboards in that room but it was empty & I would brush it off, afterall even the neighbours noise would travel through the walls so I thought nothing of it.

One afternoon I'd decided to take a nap & was alone in the apartment & so I closed the balcony doors which left the room pretty dark, double checked all plugs & switches were off as I'm always paranoid of a fire breaking out. So after I'd done that I had just about hopped into bed when I remembered that I'd forgotten my hairbrush on the kitchen table. My Maori flatemate considered that "tapu," which means bad luck in Maori culture if I'm not mistaken. When I went into the room, the table was not far from the unit stove & the element always glowed bright red when it was on, and when I got there the element was on! Now I was 100% sure that I'd made sure it was off, as that was always my first priority when leaving that room as the element only had one setting & that was HIGH. I stood there a little shocked but then eventually I wrote it off & thought maybe this was that one day where maybe I was wrong. Oh I have to add that earlier that day when I was taking a shower, I could swear that I'd seen a shadow by the bathroom mirror, but then again I, well, wrote it off!

So I went to nap, not thinking about anything besides having my nap. This time I slept at opposite ends of the bed, so my feet were where my head usually stay. Not sure why I did that this time, but I did. I woke up to ruffling. It sounded like maybe a rat in a rubbish bin, which I had at the foot of my bed, so I just lay there listening carefully. I had my arms up resting my hands behind my head when suddenly I heard these heavy footsteps. It sounded like a man walking on a wooden floor & walking towards my bed. My next thought was, "Oh God, there's someone in my room going through my stuff!" But where were the footsteps coming from in this fully carpeted apartment?

They got louder & louder until the sound was right on the side of my bed. I lay still. I chose not to move a muscle as I was so tense & frightened, my eyes open the entire time! When the sound came close, I turned my eyes towards my side, the side that wasn't up against the wall. I saw a hand-like a shadow run its fingers up my arm from just after my underarms until my elbow, I felt a tingling sensation. I must have at some point got so captivated and shocked that the fear actually left me. This person or spirit whatever you would like to call it, didn't have an evil scary energy about it.

After it ran its fingers up my arm the footsteps started again. I saw its figure, but not the face it was a shadow, & it walked until it reached my door. So in my mind I'm still thinking this could be a person. So I waited for the door to slide open as it walked towards the door but when it got there, it faded away! This figure was definitely a young man. He wore a red & white & black-striped golf sort of shirt with medium to baggy jeans. I remember thinking that this must be the playful person messing around the apartment & turning stuff on & watching me shower, definitely a younger man. Long after that our new flatmate admitted that once she could feel someone watching her shower & she sensed that it was a male too.

In September of that year I'd found out that my dear beloved ex-boyfriend had passed in April of that year & I'd immediately thought of the ghost I'd seen. He was indeed a ladies man & that was part of the reason why we weren't together at the time. Nevertheless, I still grieved & appreciated that it could've been him saying his final goodbye.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mslees, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mslees (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
I believe a ghost will only be with something its attached to, the place where it passed, a burial ground, house etc but if its attached to a person then it should be able to go where you go
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
mslees: A very descriptive and vivid account, even if this was not your ex boyfriend spirit at least it wasn't there to cause any fear or harm to you and your flat mate.
You are right I believe regarding your comment about spirits and travel there is not a lot on this world restricting them anymore and whatever they loved on the physical plane they will continue to do so in the spiritual plane, and lot easier to move around I would say! Lol.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan 😊
mslees (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
Thank you everyone for reading my post, I don't know if ghosts can travel but I don't see why not. They have nothing physical holding them back. I believe that if a ghost has an attachment to you then it will follow you where ever you go. But they may also be attached to a building, a house, a burial ground in which case l don't think they would travel. But that's just my opinion really.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
mslees,

Much enjoyed reading your story which gave me goose bumps. My grandmother, who passed away in Januari, has moved stuff around at our house to. I strongly feel that you indeed were visited by your ex special person in your life...

Wonderful sharing,
Peter.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
mslees - I think this is a very sweet story. I can't honestly tell you whether or not that was the spirit of your ex-boyfriend, only you would know that. But whoever it was in your apartment definitely wasn't there to cause harm or fear, and sounded like he may have been a bit of a ladies man so I don't think it's impossible to think it may have been him telling you goodbye.

Thank you for your story. I enjoyed it.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
Can ghost travel? Will ghost know where you live aftr you move. I am very nosy and want to get answers.
badshah_sumeett (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-04)
Thank you for sharing this story. Its too nice to hear and feeling very bad for your boyfriend. Have courage and God bless you for your future.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: