You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Two Boyfriends

Real Ghost Stories

Two Boyfriends

 

This is my first post on this site, and I've also written it on my phone so I am hoping it makes sense!

My boyfriend and I were traveling around Europe in 2010. We were staying in a hotel in Rome at the time this happened. It has played on my mind ever since.

I woke up in the early hours of the morning and sat up to have a drink, I contemplated going to the toilet but decided I could wait. (I only say this so everyone knows I was awake and not dreaming.) I put the bottle back on the bedside table and looked up. My boyfriend was standing there, wearing his new leather jacket he had bought a few days earlier.

"Honey, what are you doing?" I asked, "We don't have to go anywhere for hours." He didn't answer, he just stood there. I rubbed my eyes and said "Babe, seriously. Get back into bed." Which is when I heard a deep breath being exhaled next to me, my boyfriend was still asleep. I looked from the sleeping boyfriend back to the standing one a few times.

I started to feel a bit frightened at this point so I snuggled back down and into my sleeping boyfriend's chest. Sneaking a look at the still standing there boyfriend before closing my eyes. I can't have been too scared or felt like I was in danger because after a little while I went to sleep.

The next morning I looked where I had seen the figure and there was nothing hanging there that my brain could have misconstrued as him. All of our things were in a suit case or on a chair ready to wear for the next day.

I'm just wondering what it could have been? Does anyone have any thoughts?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Italy

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KristyLee04, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SilverBreeze (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
Hi Kristy
I'm pretty sure what you saw was a vivid manifestation of your boyfriend's out of body experience.
There's a similar incident that had occurred in my family years ago. My parents used to sleep in the middle room in our old house with a window facing a guava tree outside. During hot summer nights, they would keep the window open. One night, my father suddenly woke up and said later that he had felt a need to wake up urgently. For some unknown reason, he was drawn to the window. He was still slightly groggy when he drew the curtain aside and looked outside. And there, standing under the guava tree looking at him was my mother. He tried not to show his shock and hurriedly closed the window, then came and lay back down on the bed where my mother had been sleeping all along.

Next morning he just told her that no window was ever to be left open in our house at night. He told her what he had seen many days later, and since then, we have all followed this rule of his. I used to be shiat scared when I'd think of this story. Then one day a friend after hearing it said, 'Maybe it was astral projection.' That was when it somehow made sense to me.
KristyLee04 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-30)
Hey,
I told my boyfriend about it the next morning and he thought it was just because I was tired. He never mentioned ever dreaming about that kind of thing after I said it! Just a weird thing to experienced! Thank you for your comments!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-29)
Kristy: it is hard to add anything of relevance after Tweed's comment.
I only wonder if you talked to your boyfriend about your experience and, if you did, if he remembered dreaming about getting up during the night and seen you and himself in bed.

Thanks for sharing.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-29)
Hi Kristy,

It sounds like your boyfriend was having an out of body experience. Perhaps he was sleepwalking, but his body stayed in bed. I hope that makes sense. When people have out of body experiences they tend to wear clothes they identify with. Typically something often worn. But wearing a newly bought jacket makes sense in a way too. He identified with it on a subconscious level, or maybe he had been wearing it that day. In his subconscious he was still wearing it, and so it appeared on him.
Fascinating how you saw him! I'm willing to bet the fact you'd just woken up had something to do with seeing him so clearly. Sleeping puts us more 'in tune' with the paranormal, similar to meditation. Maybe this had something to do it.

Interesting experience, thanks for sharing. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: