You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Boyfriend

Real Ghost Stories

My Boyfriend

 

I am writing to see if I can possibly get answers. I will tell you about some of my experiences but I mostly want to see if someone could help me answer about my boyfriend.

Ok, I never really had any scary type of situations but I remember the first time I had ever seen anything was when I was about 10 and I was visiting my grandmother for the summer. I had just gotten out of the shower and I seen a dog in the bathroom. It wagged its tail like it was happy for me to be out and I was like, "Aww, hi, little doggy" and turned around. Then it hit me that my grandmother didn't have any dogs so I turned back around and it was gone. My other experiences mostly happened as an adult but even through out childhood I would always feel like someone was petting my head but no one would be there.

I moved into a duplex in 2009 and that is when weird things would happen. I would hear footsteps up and down the steps and just other noise but it was an old house made into a duplex so that is how I explained that. Now, when my daughters and I would come home we would always lock the door and before we went to bed, since the door was right next to the steps, we would always double check the front door. One night I remember feeling someone sit next to me on my bed whispering that it will be okay and feeling a sense of comfort and at that time feeling that, I remember seeing someone outside my bedroom door keep looking and saying, "Just a few more minutes and it will be okay." Like it was saying that to the person next to me who I couldn't see, but like I said it was an overwhelming feeling of comfort. Then I guess I just closed my eyes and went to sleep. The next day I walked down the steps to find the door unlocked but nothing missing. I don't know if it was my conscience playing with me or not.

I had another baby and my boyfriend moved in after that. I remember giving my daughter some cough medicine and as I was pouring it into the spoon, something hit my hand and the medicine went all over the place. My daughters and I laughed it off after they looked at me like I was crazy. Another time I was home alone and I had set the baby's snacks on the edge of the couch and all of sudden it fell of the couch but it didn't fall and roll. It was like it was tossed about 5 feet away but I didn't move to make it fall so I don't know.

Now another time I was sleeping and my boyfriend told me to hurry and get up so I did and he said, "Grab the baby" (she slept in the bed sometimes) so I did and I start looking for a spider and he starts turning off and on the light. I asked him what was wrong and where was it cause I thought that is why he wanted me to get up. He was like, "I went outside to smoke and I leaned up against the car and seen someone looking out the window and it was an evil looking old lady staring at me and it looked like she was laying between you two looking out the window."

Now these are the stories I really can't explain and I will try to make them as short as possible. One night my boyfriend came upstairs and asked me a question and I answered him so I was awake. I watched him walk and go down the steps and about 3 seconds later I see him again walking out of my daughter's bedroom with different clothes on but they were his clothes and he stood at the top of the steps, looked at me and gave me a huge smile and I heard him go down the steps. It took me to about the time he was in the middle of the steps to be like what just happened? So I get up and look into my kids room, they are sleeping and I go downstairs. He is in sleep clothes that he had on before and I was like, you just came downstairs and he was like yea we just talked. I said no you were wearing your vest, jeans, and hat. He was like, no I wasn't I just left the bedroom wearing this and I haven't even sat down yet. So neither of us could explain what I saw.

Another time I was sleeping and I woke up because I felt someone watching me and it was him, so I just closed my eyes I just figured he was just getting ready for bed. Then I looked up a few minutes later and he is still in the room staring at me but it's like he wanted to hurt me then I asked him what was wrong and he didn't say anything just slowly turned around and went downstairs. I went downstairs about 30 seconds later to ask what that was about and he was dead asleep on the couch. I woke him up and told him he may have been sleep walking, which he has never done before. He says he wasn't so I don't know.

The last thing happened a couple of weeks ago. He ended up getting locked up for a couple of days but I didn't tell my daughters so they just thought he was gone. I slept on the couch the first night and the next day my daughter tells me he was there in the middle of the night. I said no he wasn't, she said she heard some noise coming from downstairs and she saw him just standing in the kitchen so she figured he forgot something and she went back upstairs. I didn't hear anything. The next day she also told me to ask him if he was there when I was on the phone with him but I knew he wasn't.

Sorry if so long and kind of juggled up together. I am trying to figure out if someone could be imitating my boyfriend or not. I don't ever feel the coldness or anything when this stuff happens either.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rishi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-21)
Hi Rishi, the doppelganger theory just fits in but I am also not so comfortable with it from the way you narrated it. But the your boyfriend has seen the old lady only once or did he tell you he quite often sees her. I go with spiritwaiting and would cleanse the house. But how do you feel? Does the 'double' of your boyfriend send negative vibes when you see it?

Please respond and if you feel threatened or having some negative vibes from the entity, then do cleansing. After seeing the response, we shall try to give the cleansing method devised by Rookdygin, one of the experienced posters of this site.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Rishi (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-19)
Thank you for all of your comments. I am very ignorant on a lot of stuff as far as doppleganger and astrol projections, but I am now going to do my research. He does look similar to his grandfather who has passed away but I never met him. Oh I forgot to mention when he was incarcerated we had already moved from the duplex so it is a different house. I was wondering if the old lady could have been my grandmother because she did sometimes have a mean look to her. I really also don't remember which came first the old lady or me seeing my boyfriend but it all happened within months of each other in 2011.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
Rishi, I remember you saying your boyfriend saw an evil looking woman staring out the window. Which makes me think, the spirit in the home may not approve of your boyfriend and is also protecting you and the children in her own way. By taking on the appearance of him in order to check on the children so not to. Startle them. Also may be trying to. Scare you away from him. Just some thoughts. I would seriously suggest a cleansing. Good luck and stay safe.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
newhunter - I was talking about her boyfriend astral projecting only while he was incarcerated. My theory is that his emotions may have been so strong, fear for his family's safety perhaps, that he astral projected either knowingly or unknowingly.

And as you said, something about it doesn't sit right but I'm having trouble with both of my theories LOL. And with my comment, because I responded to you earlier but it wasn't here when I got home 😕

Anyway, maybe the o/p can shed more light on the situation.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
Miracles- I do think that the AP theory is worth considering and a decent theory but the only thing is why would he be APing in the house while there when he could just walk upstairs. I would also think that his clothing would not change during it. If you meant just during his incarceration then it would be a little more valid.
I personally do not think this is what is going on though as they had seen him prior to his incarceration. I do believe that it tends to lean more towards a doppelganger, but there is something about it being a doppelganger that just doesn't sit right with me.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
Rishi - there are many stories of doppelgangers (you can search them on this site, as well as Google), which could explain what is going on with your boyfriend.

There is one thought I have, though, other than doppelganger. I wonder if he is astral projecting. Especially considering your daughter saw him when it obviously wasn't possible for him to have been there. Bear with me a second, okay? He saw an "evil old lady", which scared him enough that he wanted you to hurry and grab the baby. I wonder if he was worried enough, thinking that you and the kids were left unprotected, that he astral projected?

Just a crackpot theory this morning 😊
Orpeus (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
this is very interesting, I have heard of these events many times before. Something too consider is that the entity could be a father, grandfather or great grandfather of your boyfriend. This would explain the similar appearance, as well as the lack of cold shivers or uncomfortable feeling.

The other option, and far less plesent is that it is the old lady, a trixter ghost... They like to confuse people with such pranks

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: