You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: The Green Key Hole

Real Ghost Stories

The Green Key Hole

 

Everybody loves spending their weekend going out somewhere. So do I but what if something thing creepy happens...?

It once happened with me and my cousin. We both just freaked out but it wasn't a big deal to a person we met there.

SO THE STORY STARTS LIKE THIS...

I live in Mumbai, India. Once I was sitting playing videogames with my younger brother, my mom and dad were deciding on going out one weekend and so they called up my uncle and asked that if he and his family can join us. And so the very next day we left our house and went to catch up the train which lead us to our destination "MATHERAN"; a very beautiful tourist spot surrounded by mountains in India. It took the whole day to reach there, it was lovely being there and now we had to find hotel to stay, the only bad thing about the place is, it being the tourist spot has hotel far away from each other so that if there is a hotel in front of you the other hotel will be 1 or 2 km away

Half of our day wasted in search for hotel, but finally we found a hotel, not a big one but a cheap hotel. We then registered over there, took our keys for rooms. We took 3 rooms on rent, 1 for my parents 1 for my uncle and his wife and 1 for me, my brother and my 2 cousins. We got all of our 3 rooms on the 1st floor of the hotel.

now as we all know that no parents means fun time so when our parents slept we all kids turned on the TV and watched movies. After some time we heard some classical music coming out of the room beside our's and it was too loud, so loud that we weren't able to listen the movie dialogues. Then classical music was turned off and suddenly it started again. Then we all decided to go and ask the neighbours to slow a bit the volume, but it was so dark that I, my brother and one of my cousin didn't go out of the room, but my other cousin was kind of fearless so he went on alone. Now its not like he went and never came back, but he experienced something that he will never forget.

So he went to the neighbours door (it was little bit dark over there) and rang the bell of their room but the bell didn't work, so he looked at the door and he was surprised to see that the door was locked from outside.

So he looked through the key hole and all he saw was a green light... And nothing else, and when he looked into the key hole the music was stopped. Then he returned to our room and he told us that the room was locked and inside there was only a green light. Now there was no music to be heard, we slept after sometime.

Next day we went down in the lobby and asked the manager that is there any one staying in the room beside us.

"Why?" he asked. We told him everything that happened last night, and also that my cousin saw a green light through the key hole. He was calm like it wasn't a big deal for him. He told us that the room was closed from last 3 years. 3 years back a girl committed suicide in that room, who came to Matheran to participate in a singing competition held over there. No one knows why she killed herself. And she was having green eyes so the green light my cousin saw was nothing else but the girls eyes, 'SHE WAS LOOKING MY COUSIN THROUGH THE KEY HOLE THE SAME TIME HE WAS LOOKING THROUGH IT!" the manager told that whenever he gave a room beside the haunted one on rent he got complaints about the loud classical music.

When me and my cousin came to know this we freaked out and we forced our parents to change the hotel. That was the first and last time my cousin experienced something that creepy. But I experienced few more and I'll share them with you...

Other hauntings by sakks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sakks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PSSENG (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-15)
Ivory you are right I have read the similar story but I have read it and SMS
Keya_Ray (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
the dead girl was looking at your cousin through the hole at the same time! CREEPY! It gives me goosebumps...man, your cousin is lucky that nothing else happned.
But just a question, I can't realy digest that the manager told you the truth so easily... I mean generaly the staff tries to hide such things fearing that the customer may leave their hotel, which you guys did.
Maybe the manager was an honest one;-)
TECHGUYKK (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
a well narrated short story. I am really enjoying your stories and I would actually like it if you post some more new stories and thank you sincerely
wickedsunny2009 (4 stories) (42 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
You live in mumbai right, I don't think it takes a whole day to reach the place. If you had gone by train it would just take 3 hours to reach there & being a tourist spot you have a lot of hotels there side by side. Sorry I could not digest your story but all the best,
Regards,
WS2009
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-28)
i don't think a hotel would close a room off to the public just because someone died in it... It is a business after all... & this stuff about a girl with green eyes looking through the keyhole is just silly...
curiousme (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-01)
Staring him at the same he was peeping through the keyhole, freaky man, damn freaky. I don't get very easily listening or reading experiences, but this one did scare me, I must say. And a bit surprising how the manager so easily opened it all up before you all.
Anyways,take care.
Warm regards
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
A cool tale and will go into one of my favourites. Could you please proovide me with the name of the Hotel that you stayed in Matheran? I plan to experience this myself.

And your story will gain more credibility once you provide these details...

Thanks
Regards
manas007 (1 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Please don't mind sakks but I just can't digest the fact bot the manager (a matured and grownup man) telling a bunch of kids something which a sane person will never do. Well, i'll just assume here (for your sake) that maybe the manager wasn't a sane person at all! God bless u!
macdouk (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
That is creepy! Just to think at first your cousin thought it was a simple green light when it was in fact her looking back. Yikes. None the less an awesome story and memory for you all
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
hmmm... There is something very familiar with this story. I read it in a local horror book in Philippines but rather than green eyes, the so called entity got red eyes.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: