You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Lady That Was There And Then Wasn't

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady That Was There And Then Wasn't

 

This happened to me yesterday. I work in a residential care home and some of the people there have some behavioral problems too.

Anyway I had to take one of them to the doctors. It was only a 20 minute walk. I have a slightly faster pace than my resident, let's call him John, who was only 3 steps behind me.

I noticed this old lady come out the shops with a newspaper and she was walking very awkwardly on her right leg and was walking very, very slow due to her bad leg. I wasn't familiar with where I was going and asked her for directions.

First thing I noticed, she had a very grey complexion in her face and skin, and when I asked her where the doctors were, she gave me a confused look, scratched her head and had a think about what I had just asked her. She then said, "Sorry, I know it's down the road somewhere." Me, being polite and didn't want to bother her, I said, "Thank you, I think I know where it is now anyway," then I walked on. I noticed in the corner of my eye she was trying to get my attention by waving her hand to say come over here. I then stopped and she came up to me saying, "I remember now. It's down the road. You will see a car park and it's through there. I said, "Thank you for your help" and walked on 2 steps. When I say 2 steps, I mean 2 steps. I turned around to see if John was ok and the lady was nowhere to be seen.

Where she was, there was no way of her moving that quickly or going anywhere in that amount of time. I can see all around me, as there was only straight roads. She was a solid figure like me or you. It really took my breath away as it was so strange. Thank you all for reading.

Other hauntings by hauntedfarm

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hauntedfarm, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
How long is a piece of string? I don't think we can offer you an explanation for that, interestingly though on most accounts they seem to disappear when the person writing about them turns there head away for a short period of time, which makes you wonder if they know the magnitude of what's going on and how it can affect you?
hauntedfarm (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
Hi all, thank you for all the reply's, its good to get feed back of other experiences. Yes the directions she gave me where correct to a T. I find this so weird that I was basically on my own on this as I couldn't talk to John about it! Grr... What can you do! She look as though she was doing her daily routine like she would of done if she was alive, but thing I don't get is where would she have gone I know its a weird question, how long can they manifestation solidly for? I know I'm asking the unknown but I want to know! 😐
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
Hi hauntedfarm, I remember my own experience, which has been narrated in my story "Old man on the road". I was the not only one, who witnessed it, but a whole bunch of my friends. We were all really scared and that happened about 11 years ago. Now that John also had seen that lady, probably you saw some spirit or ghost or an entity that manifested itself to you. I feel that it is definitely a paranormal experience.

Nice narration and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
This may seem like a silly thing to wonder about, but were the directions correct?
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
I find these stories so fascinating, basically because I think they leave us at times so unable to explain them with the normal paranormal logic... I can tell you this, your not alone, there are many many experiences here like your one and I understand the solid figure like description you'd explained... I have seen a few of them myself over the years and I still can't understand the bio mechanics of how it's possible and its relation the after life?...perhaps this little old lady purposely was there to slow you down a little?... (sliding doors) who knows what might happen 10 seconds ahead?... Perhaps we have got spiritual bodies that manifest physically some how? Or perhaps it was a paranormal universe type of account? I could guess another 10 times and still may be wrong... Thank you for sharing, I might guess it right one day!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
hauntedfarm,

No problem, at least 'John' saw her, so you know you spoke to 'someone'...that's better than thinking you've lost your mind. 😉

Respectfully,

Rook
hauntedfarm (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
I was meant to say I asked 'John' if he did and he did, but thing with 'John' he has problems with communication and behavioral problems and can only give you simple answer back like yes, no. It was one of those things that I wasn't with some one who I could talk to about it, but yes he did. I said did you see that lady and he said he and I told him that she had disappeared he laugh! It was a strange situation to be in and I feel very frustrated to what happened 😕, thank you for the reply Rook.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
My first question to you is this...

Did you ask 'John' if he had seen where the Lady you asked directions from went... Seeing as he was slightly behind you he should have been in a good position to see where she went. I think that would be a great place to start.

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: