You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Cousin's Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

My Cousin's Spirit

 

I have had many paranormal experiences beginning around the age of 4. I chose to ignore them most of my life due to my religious upbringing. In my household I was taught from the cradle that there was no such thing as ghosts. The spirit only went one of two places. But some things are so in your face there is no denying them. One must give pause at some point and begin examining them and everything you've ever been taught.

Here is the story of my earliest experience with a disembodied spirit. The details of what I witnessed are still imprinted on my brain and as fresh in my memory at 49 just as they were at age 4. I wonder if our first encounters with the other side stand out above all others.

There isn't any earthly language adequate enough to describe something unearthly so as to convey as closely as possible what I witnessed.

Being raised in my grandparent's household meant sharing a bed with two aunts. This particular morning only one aunt, 12 years older than me, was still in bed with me and a very heavy sleeper at that. The double bed was pushed against the wall with me being on the outside.

I awoke to full daylight outside and the bedroom fully lit by the sun along with a transparent, yet not watery or wavy dark spirit standing by the bed. Transparent is an odd word for it. Transparent meaning to see through doesn't really define what the natural eye sees. The spirit was within inches of me. It was the exact likeness of my 1st cousin Pam, age 10. Everything about the spirit looked like her in form from the blue eyes, curly, wild dark hair, shape, and height, except for the creepy grin she wore. She never spoke or moved. She stood transfixed starring with that awful grin.

It scared me so badly that I leapt over my auntie and pressed my face into her back. I began calling her name to wake her telling her Pam was standing there. She, of course, saw nothing and through gritted teeth told me to hush and go back to sleep. I peeped over her sleeping body several more times to see that Pam had not moved. Now, as a child I had no concept of measuring time, but I would say she was there over 2 or 3 minutes. I did not witness her leave as I kept burying my head and peeping over auntie. So I cannot say in what manner she departed.

I kept at my auntie to get up. She finally did and we went downstairs where my grandmother informed us that Pam had been in an accident while the family was on vacation. She was sleeping in the camper they were towing when they wrecked. She suffered burns over 80% of her body and lingered for 3 days before passing from this life. I never said a word about what I saw until a couple of years ago I told one other aunt. I don't know if she believed me, but it does not matter. I know what I saw. It makes sense now as, throughout the years I heard stories of how Pam loved to visit grandmother's house. It was her favorite place to be. I think she came to say goodbye and perhaps thought it would be funny to appear to me with a scary grin. Kids will be kids you know.

Thanks for reading

Other hauntings by Seeker1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Seeker1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Demonkiller (32 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
No he didn't he also visited me on the morning of my 18th birthday I felt a cold rush but it was soothing I knew it wasn't wind as it came through a wall
Seeker1 (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Demonkiller,
Did he frighten you with his visit?

Hi Isandhu,
I found out she had passed away after my encounter when we rose and went downstairs for breakfast.
I really don't know that she was a prankster because we lived in Va. And she lived in Ohio. So we rarely visited. I have a few memories of the two of us jumping off the back steps (a game we played) and picking wild daisies. But in those memories I don't remember her pulling pranks.

Blessed Be
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
I was a little unclear as to when Pam died. Was it around the same time you saw her spirit or well before? In other words, did you already know she was dead (to the extent a 4-year-old can understand that) when you saw her? It's a shame she gave you a scare with that wicked grin. Maybe it wasn't intentional. Was she a prankster in life?
Demonkiller (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Its nice that your cousin came to visit you. My grandpa visited me when he died from a stroke.

😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: