You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Tv Remote Vanished And Then Reappeared

Real Ghost Stories

My Tv Remote Vanished And Then Reappeared

 

This happened years ago and I still can't explain it to this a day. It just doesn't make any logical sense.

I was sat on my bed watching rubbish tv with the remote next to me up the top end of my bed somewhat near the pillows. I mean, who watches tv with the remote all the way down the bottom of the bed or at the other side of the room? I know I don't.

I left my room to get a drink while an advert played and when I got back I realised the tv remote was gone. It wasn't where I left it.

The first thing I did was check under the pillows. Nope, nothing. I then picked up, unfolded and shook the blanket that was folded at the bottom of my bed hoping that it would fall out and make a clunk on the floor as it did. Nope, not there either.

Getting more frantic and frustrated I stripped the bed in its entirety. Shaking the duvet and pillows as I went. Still nothing. So I pulled the bed away from the wall to look down the back and the side. Empty. While it was pulled out I lifted the mattress up and while that was leaning against the wall, I lifted the base of the bed to check underneath. Just a few dust bunnies.

I slowly re-made the bed putting it back to the way it was before with the blanket folded at the bottom.

Utterly confused, I shouted for my mum to come and help me look as I couldn't do anything with my tv without the remote and that includes turning it off.

She walks in, lifts the corner of the blanket and it's sat right there...

As I said, I'd already unfolded it and shook it about and then neatly folded it and placed it back on my bed. So how on earth did it even get in there and stay there and how did I not see or feel it when I refolded the blanket?!

This is one experience that still plays on my mind from time to time.

Other hauntings by lilpeachyghost

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lilpeachyghost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lilpeachyghost (12 stories) (21 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-26)
Hi silverthane61, no this is/was definitely not the first or the last time something of this manner has happened. My mum once "lost" a necklace that was very sentimental. It was given to her by her mum. She's quite particular about where she puts her jewellery in the first place, each item has its own place and compartment. But when she came to put it on, it had vanished. We tore her room apart. Moved furniture, ripped up the carpet, you name it. She sat and cried and asked for it to be returned. Within days she found it behind her jewellery box where we had previously looked multiple times. We know it wasn't there before because we removed everything off the top of the dressing table to move it and look underneath. We also have cutlery disappear and then reappear in odd places.

We do have antique furniture in the house. No idea if that instance is linked to that but my mother's dressing table was from a car boot sale (garage sale) and at a guess it's Victorian, it's heavy, solid wood and absolutely beautiful. There's also a chair that goes with it and also a storage chest. Maybe why we also have a Victorian lady spirit who likes to rifle through my makeup at silly hours in the night?
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-25)
Hi lilpeachyghost,

It was an unusual experience indeed.

I don't intend to goof around but I'll agree with others that the probable spirit in your house actually wanted to have some fun.

There are such playful spirits who tend to do these little mischiefs and in most of the cases they usually don't intend any harm

In my opinion I would have been amused to have a humorous partner around

But still we can't draw any conclusions on probability if these haunting somehow gets serious it's better to take efficient measure rest is all fine.

Btw, enjoyed your tale very much.

Looking forward to hear more from you:)
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-02-25)
I think the haunt apparently got what it wanted by watching you tear the bed apart. I feel that if you had not made such a big deal about it, it would not have "brought" the remote back int existence when your Mom arrived. Something like this begs the question: is this the only time such a thing has happened in your home?
i-have-a-crush-on-firestar (1 stories) (24 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-02-24)
maybe it used the remote for something, I have an smart tv. When I lose the remote I use the controls at the botton of the tv, but I need the remote to use the apps: netflix, amazon prime, now tv, youtube, internet, I sometimes lose the remote and find it in places I didn't place it, I also have an old sky box that I also lose the remote to but I can do everything without the remote on the box, sometimes I find them unplugged when I didn't unplug them
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-21)
Perhaps the permanent resident ghost at your place got bored "watching rubbish tv" and decided that it would be funnier to see you fret looking for the remote?

"I couldn't do anything with my tv without the remote and that includes turning it off."

In case it happens again:
Https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-turn-the-tv-on-without-a-remote

Or, you can always unplug your TV without calling your Mother...there's nothing as effective as the old fashion way.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: