You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Uncle Paul

Real Ghost Stories

Uncle Paul

 

In 1990 when I and my twin sister were 14 years old our Uncle Paul, Aunt Sharro and their baby daughter died in a car accident. This was absolutely devastating for our families but this was the first time we had ever experienced a bereavement, obviously we were young and very confused as no one in our family wanted to discuss what had happened.

It wasn't long after the accident that I and my twin experienced a couple if incidents but didn't discuss with each other until after a couple of weeks. One incident happened when I was in our bedroom alone putting on some music, I was bending over at the time and the door way was situated behind me. As I was bending over in the corner of my eye I noticed a pair of trainers in the doorway, I didn't move but did follow the figure with my eyes up the body. I noticed the figure was also wearing jeans and a blue v neck top but when I reached the face the figure disappeared. My twin also experienced the same thing.

For months after they passed both myself and my twin couldn't sleep because we were so upset and needed comfort to try and understand what happened. During one night a particular thing happened, but I wasn't sure if I was imagining things so I asked my twin in the morning if she heard anything in the night and she said yes. Now just to break from my experience for the moment. I and my twin have always had a close bond, so much so, when we were younger we used to have identical dreams, but so we knew we were both telling the truth as we both used to play jokes on each other, we decided one would start the begining of the dream and the other would end it, this worked well for us.

So back to my experience, I asked my twin to start telling me what she heard in the night and I would finish it. She informed me she had heard our Aunt Sharron say, "look they're there" and I replied that our Uncle Paul responded, "be quiet you will scare them". I believe this definately happened, at the time I was petrified. I know we were both very lucky to see and hear what we did, the only thing is I don't understand why the figure disappeared when I reached their face. I am assuming this was my Uncle.

Thank you for reading my story, there isn't a day that goes by when I don't think about them still. They are forever in my thoughts.

Other hauntings by samtillie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, samtillie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
Thank you very much for all your kind words. I am new to this site and really enjoy reading everyone's experiences, they are very interesting x
ghostly94 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
My uncle was called Paul and was killed a year ago in a lorry accident 😭 I think he was letting you know he was wasn't in anymore pain:)
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
samtillie, I am very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing 3 family members at once. It sounds like your Aunt and Uncle wanted to come see you and your sister before they crossed over. Perhaps to make sure you were ok. I was thinking the same as Spirit_Juggler and believe that he disappeared before you saw his face in order to not frighten you.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
Hello samtillie, you are really lucky to have had such a loving uncle and aunt. Probably they have come to explain, as you two were so young, that even though they have passed on, their love to you both are still intact. Nice narration and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Spirit_Juggler (1 stories) (25 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
It's possible the figure vanished before you saw the face because your uncle didn't wish to scare you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: