You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Childhood Home In Milton, Wa

Real Ghost Stories

My Childhood Home In Milton, Wa

 

My family had first moved into the house in Milton, WA when I was 5 years old. It was a fixer-upper, but my dad worked in construction and had plans to make it a beautiful home. It was a 1 story, 3 bdrm, 1 bath perfect for our small family of 4. Especially because my younger brother and I would have separate rooms. Mine was located at the very end of the hallway.

The first strange thing I remember is having night terrors. Most of them were of a monster that looked similar to an alligator with long sharp claws coming out from under my bed or crawling on the floor. Soon after the nightmares started I became terrified to go in my room. I would walk down the hall and immediately feel an overwhelming sense of doom. I would tell myself that if I just hurried and turned on the light in my room then I would see that there was nothing there and everything would be fine. But whenever I felt this way, my light wouldn't turn on. I remember telling my dad that my light was out and he said he'd change it. So when I started working again I thanked him and he said "oh sorry, I forgot, I'll change it in a second". This happened so many times that I ended up sleeping on the top bunk of my brothers bunk bed in his room for years. I was just so terrified of my room.

Strange things would randomly happen throughout the years. I would hear my name called when nobody was home, The TV would turn off and the radio would turn on, but I never actually saw anything until I was 10 years old. I was sleeping on the top bunk in my brothers room and his door was open. I woke up hearing voices talking. When I opened my eyes I could see 2 men in the kitchen wearing suits, fedoras, and carrying briefcases. They were a white haze and talking to each other. Surrounding them were orbs? I'm not really sure. Balls of light floating through my house and disappearing into the door knobs. There was so many of them. I was frozen in fear. For the next few weeks I could hear those men talking. I don't remember anything they said, but the voices followed me everywhere. I never saw them again. Or the balls of light.

I finally started sleeping in my room when I was around 13 and was having nightmares again. But I was older and tried to just forget about them when I woke up. I just has to sleep with my door open and the hall light on every night. My family decided to move when I was 15. That's when things started to get terrifying. The last month living in that house, EVERY night I would hear a sound like someone was slowly dragging their nails against my walls, the ceiling, the floor. I would be frozen in fear. My brother would tell me all the time to stop knocking on his wall at night when I never did.

Nothing has happened since I have moved from that house. But those experiences still haunt me. I'm 24 now and have asked my family members if they remember anything weird. My dad told me that one night I woke up when I was about 6 and he asked why I wasn't asleep. I told him that Jesus was just in my room talking to me. I don't remember this at all, and my family has never been religious. My aunt would house sit for us when we would go on vacation. She said one time it was late and sounded like someone was breaking into my room and throwing things around. But when she checked nobody was there. She said that sound kept her up all night. Even worse, when we first moved into the house there was a concrete patio in the back and carved into it was a star with a circle around it. My dad just built a deck over it. I guess we have pictures somewhere but I've never found them.

I don't remember very much of my childhood, but those experiences are so clear and real. I'm wondering if something worse happened and I've blocked it out. I've considered seeing a hypnotist to try and bring back some memories, but I'm scared what might happen. Any feedback would be great. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BlondieBri14, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
I agree with the other posters. Unless you are intensely curious or are dealing with difficult issues you think might stem from your childhood, I would probably leave this alone. It's so odd that you told your dad Jesus was talking to you. Perhaps a protective spirit came to you to try to help. I would certainly be very curious to know the result if you did decide to pursue this, but I can't recommend that you do. Retrieval of "repressed" childhood memories is a very iffy field, it would be very difficult to find a qualified therapist to help you, it might well do more harm than good and there's no guarantee what you "remember" is authentic.
Wondering1 (4 stories) (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
Very creepy story. I lived in a house such as that when I was a child. I told my parents several times that there was something living in the corner of my bedroom. I had nightmares quite a bit during that time. The clearest thing that I remember was that this 'thing' wanted me to come under the bed with it to play. To this day, I don't sleep with my arms or legs hanging over the side of my bed.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
I am in agreement with Spirit_Juggler once again. Maybe you cannot remember everything that happened for a reason. Putting yourself under hypnosis might bring more harm than good. Depending on what kind of star was carved into the concrete it could have been a sign of protection or used in occult practices. Considering what you do remember, I'm going to lean towards it not being so good.
Spirit_Juggler (1 stories) (25 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
Some things are better buried if I'm honest. Dig around too much and who knows what you'll unearth.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: