You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Of Ouija Boards On Terraces

Real Ghost Stories

Of Ouija Boards On Terraces

 

This was around 4 years ago, I was at Vidya's house when this took place, and there were 3 of us including Vidya me and another friend Shweta. At that time Vidya was completely obsessed with Ouija boards and was dying to have a séance, I was not very keen on it since I have read that only the spirits who reside on the lower astral plane can be contacted using the board and at times they trick you and enter our dimensions. Shweta was scared of it and refused to do it, but Vidya dragged us into it and we found ourselves up on the terrace of her house somewhere around 8 o'clock. Her terrace is pretty big with some beautiful potted plants kept around and apart from an empty clothesline; we had it pretty much to ourselves that day. We sat in a secluded corner so that the wind could not blow our candles off and started with what we wanted to do.

Let me describe the board to you, it was a homemade one (Vidya had made it herself), it was a polished and uniformly cut rectangular wooden board with numerals and alphabets painted on it, and yes/no in the top corners, hello and goodbye in the bottom corners and sun/moon in the middle. We were using a shot glass as a pointer with a silver coin on top of it, so that we would know if anyone of us was pushing the glass as the coin would slip.

We started by reciting some prayers, asking for protection and that kind of stuff. We arranged the candles in a circle around us and started, we had switched off the lights in the terrace so it was only the full moon and our candles providing us with light. We tried for half an hour by asking if there was anybody who wished to talk with us, if there were any spirits with us right now, etc. Unfortunately, we got no response, the glass refused to budge and I found myself getting a little disappointed even though I did not want to participate in the event, I sat back leaning against the wall with my hands wrapped around myself for warmth, (it was pretty cold and I had not worn any warm clothes and it gets really cold in December). We talked about some stuff like movies, guys etc. For a while and then decided to try one more time and go home if nothing happened this time.

We had blown off our candles and had lit them again now, we were getting started, for the first fifteen minutes there was no response, I was getting really angry at Vidya for wasting my time in this stupid thing but didn't show it and continued what we were doing. Fleecy clouds darted across the moon, covering it completely, now only the candles were our source of illumination and I was starting to get a little scared. It was precisely at that moment when the glass gave a tiny jerk beneath our delicately placed index fingers and moved. I was scared but awed at the phenomenon as the glass slowly moved toward yes, we asked it a few questions about who it was, it answered that it was a man who had died in a vehicle accident, we asked if it was from the sun or the moon and on getting the response that it was from the moon (meaning from hell) we said goodbye and closed the session, we had had enough for the night and ignoring Vidya, Shweta and I got up.

We hadn't noticed it but when we were talking with spirit, the temperature had gone down, it might have been the wind blowing but I thought I would mention it just the same. So Shweta and I were talking about how weird the experience was and what the heck had happened to Vidya that she had immersed herself in this kind of stuff when we heard her call us, she was playing with the board alone and had succeeded in contacting a spirit, we went near her but did not place our hands on the planchette and let her continue with her antics, I thought it was harmless. The next question she asked (to the spirit) was to prove its presence in the room, no sooner than she had asked the question, the glass shattered, shards flew on her arms, bloodying them. She screamed and got up, the two of the candles fell down as her legs knocked them down while the other four just died, there was no wind blowing that time. It scared us and all of us ran out of the terrace, we helped Vidya bandage her arms and she apologized to us, she said she just wanted to see if Ouija boards were for real or not. I just said that I thought they were not good at all, and the events that night had further cemented my opinion.

We didn't want a random spirit wandering on her terrace so we ventured up again, with a lot of courage and said some prayers, used holy water which we sprinkled liberally in the corners and left. It was the first and the last time any of us had used an Ouija board, I don't know about Shweta since she moved to different city, but Vidya and I have never used it again and the board is still at Vidya's house buried under her old toys and board games and not surprisingly we are never tempted to use it again

Other hauntings by curiousDevu

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, curiousDevu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-27)
Nice to read... Devyani... I enjoyed your story... I think you must have learnt a lesson to do not mess with Oujja board
tanscaredofghosts (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
hi curious devu,
The biggest mistake your friend did by asking the spirit to prove its presence! This is very dangerous this can lead to possasion or the spirit will come in our world! Never do it again! By the way your explanation is very good!:)
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2012-12-23)
Why won't you people understand that evil spirits and the devil is not child play.It's better never to do anything that is forbidden by religion and your elders as well as by the society. You were lucky God himself was watching and protecting you that day and that the evil spirit could not do any further harm. Leave such matters to God and never try this again.it's better we humans stick to being just normal humans and stop trying to become like God. We are his children and we must stay that way only.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-26)
When I was in my late teens my mother bought a Ouija Board. I would be the only person with my hand on the planchette. No questions were asked out loud. They were written on a piece of paper that I could not see. My mother would read the questions to herself and I would answer them.
One night shortly after a friends mother died we did the Ouija Board. Thankfully she was not there My mother read the question the planchette went to yes. I asked what the question was and it was are there any spirits we know present. The next time it spelled out Doris. I asked who Doris was and my friend who was her neighbor said it was our friends mother. My mother read the next question to herself and it spelled out to take care of our friend. We ended the session. My big mouth friend told our friend about the Ouija Board and she called me quite mad and told me to bring the damn Ouija Board to big mouths house. As soon as her mothers name was spelled out I ended the session. Big mouths boyfriend was intrigued and said he wanted to try it. He put his fingers on the planchette and I could feel him moving the table so I told him to remove his fingers. His friend wanted to ask a question and it spelled out knee surgery. I had no idea he had a bad knee and he was quite shaken. I closed the session and put the board away. Shortly after he had his knee operated on (I forget which). Shortly after the surgery he had to be put in a mental ward because he said the Ouija board was why he had the surgery or something to that effect. When he was released he wanted to celebrate. Big mouth said she would call me so it would be the four of us. She told me his face went pale and started to rant to keep the witch (me) away from him over and over. He had to go back into the mental ward for a couple of weeks because he had another breakdown.
One day my mother was using the board by herself and said that it started to curse her out and used vulgar language so she threw it out. My mother was an alcoholic (she is deceased now) and never should have played with it by herself because you know she was more open to something happening to her. Thankfully it did not.
NEVER play with the Ouija board it is NOT a TOY. I don't know why they sell them in TOYS ARE US. I also don't understand why teens think it's a cool thing to check out.
Regards
Redwolf
Cfinnegan (17 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-24)
SDS,

You have needlessly stated the obvious. It is evident the author knows ouiji boards are unsafe. It is also evident that the author will never use on again.

Your comment met be to warn other people, not just the author, however the story is as much a warning as anything.

I am sorry but I am tired of people repeating thing over and over. Even when it's obvious the author won't use one again and have learned their lesson
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-23)
Hi curiousDevu, I have told many times in this site and I will repeat it several more times. Whoever reads my comments on Ouija, please don't ever try to play (I don't know I could use the word as it is not just playing but for want of a better word I use it) with Ouija Boards without fully knowing what it really is and without taking precautions. I have been put through enormous problems when I started handling Ouija Boards since I was very young. Please try to contact your other friend Shweta and advise her not to venture into anything like Ouija Boards. Thats not a play board and we do not know what's on the other side and definitely your experience might have given you enough lessons as to what would happen if Ouija is handled without proper precautions and definitely should not be touched alone. Thats too dangerous. Thats not a toy. Also, I would like to ask you Devu, where did this exactly happen, well I share the doubt that lady-glow had, I thought it was outdoors but you said the room, that's why. And the place in India, I would like to know where it happened, well share it if it is not so private. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-23)
I have to agree with lady-glow the moon does not symbolize hell also if it was from hell the spirit would not respond to the question since demons are tricksters.

Playing with the spirit board was not a good idea but I give you props for shielding yourself and closing the session there are not many people who know to do it when using a spirit board because they believe it is just a game. 😁

Whitewolf,
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
If you were playing the Oiuja board on the terrace, that is OUTDOORS, - isn't it? So what do you exactly mean by saying Vidya asked the spirit to prove its presence in the room?
And since when the moon is a symbol for hell? 🤔

I'm glad you guys put that Ouija board away, hopefully it stops inspiring any more "ghost" stories. 😆 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: