You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Glowing Red Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

Glowing Red Eyes

 

My encounter takes place in a house in Cleveland Oklahoma. I was around 13 years old. My little sister and I were staying at a family member's house for the night. My sister was asleep on the couch and I was on a pallet in the floor at one end of the couch. Well it was about 2-3 o'clock in the morning and I had to use the restroom. To get to the restroom you had to walk through the kitchen and turn left.

As I sat up and crawled to the end of my pallet I happened to look up and see these glowing red eyes staring back at me. It looked like something was sitting on top of the stove. At first I thought it was just a reflection from the window that was to the right of the kitchen, so I proceeded to crawl and was going to stand up and walk to the restroom. As I looked up again the eyes continued to stare at me. By this time I'm freaked out so I slowly crawl back to the end of the couch and try to wake my sister up.

She is sound asleep, so I turn back around. By this time I'm thinking it is just my imagination and crawl back to the end of the pallet and look up again. The eyes are still there, staring at me. I take a deep breath and slowly crawl forward, the eyes blinked! Okay, that was enough for me. I layed back down, turned my body to face away from the kitchen and stayed awake until I saw that it was getting lighter outside.

I never told the family members about the experience or my sister, thinking that they would think I was just dreaming or that I was crazy. Over the years I've told other people about my experience and some think it could have been a cat or something. My family members didn't own any pets and nothing could have gotten into the house. To this day when I think about those glowing eyes I get the chills and wonder what it could have been.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angeleyes97, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blacksky (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
I have seen a think with green glowing eyes out side as a child. Where I saw this there were no lights at all nothing and whatever this was it blinked too and it stood taller than my house. I tried to post it on here for idea's of what it could be, but they wouldn't publish it. So your not alone!
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
Hi angeleyes, I know what you mean about proof. My experience with the apparitions I saw may not have turned up on camera, but I would have tried like crazy to get something if it had been within reach at the time.

I have a sneaking suspicion that apparitions choose when to appear and to whom, it seems random but it may not. Well, that's how it felt for me and I had no warning of what I was going to see. The last thing on my mind at the time was something supernatural.:-)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
angeleyes,

The questions and possible explanations we offered were based on what you shared with us in your original experience...

When it comes to figuring out if something was paranormal or not everything must be considered and I for one didn't 'read' that at first. Thank you for explaining the layout of the kitchen, and indeed the street the home sat on and the fact that you, at least, considered other options.

Respectfully,

Rook
angeleyes97 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Thank you all for your comments. I've read them and thought about what happened and some of the explanations you have given.

While there was a window in the living room where a light source like brake lights could have relected from the window, there wasn't any houses or streets across the street from the house.

There were no appliances on the countertop opposite of the stove. It was only a sink and a lot of countertop.

The eyes didn't move at all, the only time they moved was when they blinked.

Normally on smoke alarms they have a pattern when they blink. I have them in my home and ours blink green, plus it is smaller than what I saw.

An animals' eyes have a type of reflection and you can tell when they blink. We have neighbors where I live that have cats and dogs that roam around in our yard at night. The eyes that I saw were red with no reflection of light in them. They were just glowing red.

Unfortunately my family doesn't live in the house anymore. The family member that lived there I haven't talked to for quite some time. I wish I had pictures of atleast the kitchen to show you the layup of it and the house.

Again I appreciate all the comments and suggestions you have given to me. I'm sorry if my reply sounds rude or mean in any way, I don't mean for it to be. It's just frustrating when you have no proof of what happened.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-21)
I agree with Rook there are lots of things that could give off a red glow in a kitchen and on a stove, and the non-paranormal possibilities are far from ruled out. However, you are the one who experienced this and I believe you were genuinely spooked by the incident. I'm one to talk. I'm ashamed to say I wet my bed every night at winter camp one year because I was too scared to get up to use the bathroom. And I was in grade 4 at the time!
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-21)
Sometimes smoke alarms also 'blink'. I don't wish to rule out the paranormal, but it's important to discount all the rational explanations, or at least raise them as possibilities when you note down your experiences.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-21)
Hello angeleyes, with one single incident and that too in a family member's house, it is difficult to classify it as paranormal. I don't doubt your belief but it could be probably if you had investigated like discussing with the family member whether he/they had any experiences prior to or after your encounter. Even now, if your family member is staying in the house, you can find out and post us. Without that, it is not possible for us to comment on it except that if we do, it might sound skeptical. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-21)
angeleyes,

I do not mean to sound like I do not believe you, but you stated you focused on ruling out animals/pets...but what about kitchen appliances or other sources of red lights? Was the stove electric (possibly in 'self-cleaning mode)? Was there something on the counter that could have had it's 'power/standby light' reflected off of the stove? Were there any lights outside that could have shown through a window... Maybe a neighbor returning home from a late night (or being dropped off) the 'eyes' being the break lights on the car being reflected off of the stove... The blink someone moving there foot on the break pedal? Or, you stated you were moving when this happened because something you didn't see may have blocked your view for just a brief moment making you think the 'eyes' (appliance lights) 'blinked'.

Did the eyes ever change position? Get higher or lower... Move left or right? Or did they remain fixed in place?

While there is a chance that this may have been a spirit of some sort every natural cause must be considered and ruled out before we can call an experience paranormal. You were in a home unfamiliar to you so there are many things to account for before saying this was truly a spirit/entity.

Thank you for sharing and if there are other details that you did not include please add them as they could help in determining what you may have experienced on this particular night.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: