You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Floor Shaking

Real Ghost Stories

Floor Shaking

 

So this happened a few years ago. Maybe five or six years ago, and I was about 9-10 years old. It was 10:30 PM, and me and my parents just went to sleep.

When you get to the top of our stairs, there's an empty room in front of you, with no doors or anything, and to the right is my parents room. And then if you go to the left, you see my dad's office and then there's my room which is right next to the empty room.

So in the 'empty room' we had put out an air mattress because we had some visitors to stay the weekend. And this happened on a Monday night, after the weekend, and we left the air mattress out, because we were to lazy to pack it up and put it in place. So I decided to sleep on the air mattress, because I used to love those when I was a kid. So me and my dog, were just lying on the mattress, and I was looking into to her eyes, and I saw a black shadow standing right behind me, staring at me. I was freaking out, but I was too scared to move, so I just hid under my blanket. Then I looked up again to see if there was anything behind me, but it was gone.

I also have two other experiences that I would like to share with you.

This only happened a few months ago at about 9 PM. So I was sitting in my room, and there was no one in the house but me, not even my dog was home. And then all of a sudden I heard three very faint knocking noises on my wall, coming from the 'empty room'. That happened to me twice.

Now the other experience that happened on the same night as the three knocks on my wall. I was also sitting in my room, on my computer, and I heard someone walk right outside my door, coming from the 'empty room'. And I could even feel it on the floor that someone was walking right outside my room. Because whenever someone walks around outside my room, I can feel the floor shake in my room. And just to check that no one was in the house, I called everyone who lives in this house, to check where they were. And no one was home!

I'm not scared of this 'thing' that roams our upstairs hallway, and the 'empty room', but I want to know what it is. I've read somewhere that, if you have any kind of furniture or belongings from a family member or friend, who has passed, they could be attached to the furniture, and maybe haunt your house, and we have a lot of furniture from my grandparents, because they have all passed. Both on my mom and dad's side of the family.

If you've had any similar experiences, feel free to comment down below. I would love to hear what you guys have to say!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, highmodeghosts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-07)
Like Rook said,

If it's evil, whenever you cleanse your home, it will leave. If it's good, it will stay on, unless you ask it to go/pray for it to go when you cleanse.

So his method of shielding/cleansing will determine if or not it is evil. If it is, you don't want it hanging around your home.

LW
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
highmodeghosts,

The method I offered may help you to determine if it's 'good or evil'... It's main purpose is to clear out and shield against negative energy/spirits/entites...so if what is there is 'good/positive' you will still be able to investigate... And be safe...

Be careful and please keep us posted...

Respectfully,

Rook
highmodeghosts (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
Sceptic-ari
I have talked to them about my experiences, but they don't want to listen to me, because they don't believe in the paranormal. But actually my mom told me once, that she heard something coming the 'empty room'. And she was home alone at the time.

And no, I do not take any kind of medication, and I never have. X
highmodeghosts (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
Jav
Yeah, it might my grandparents, just trying to let me know that they're here.
But whenever I walk by the ''empty room'', to walk down the stairs, I get the feeling of someone looking at me from the ''empty room'' Like someone is hiding in there, in the dark. It's not a very pleasant feeling at all. I feel like it wants to push me down the stairs.
highmodeghosts (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
Thank you Rook, and I accept your apology!

And thank you very much, for the 'cleansing recipe! I will do it, but not right now! I want to find out more about this spirit, what it wants, and if it is good or evil!... Thank you again!
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
Dear highmodeghost,
I am sorry if you were offended by my comments. I do not mean harm.
Have you tried taking your parents into confidence about these matters? If yes, then what was their reaction?
Please don't take me otherwise, but are you taking any medications?
Awaiting your reply...

Thanks
Regards
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
highmodeghosts,
You mentioned that you heard about spirits sometimes being attached to objects, personal items, things that belonged to them when they were among the living. Plus the fact that your family has many items in your home that had belonged to your grandparents on both sides. Now, some of us here have certain theories about spirits and how they attempt to communicate with the living, and one of those theories goes to the knocking you heard. And the fact that those were in sets of three. This has some of us thinking it means a relative is trying to let us know they are around us.
Your first instinct was taking you to that conclusion anyway, trust that feeling, many times in situations like yours it is all we have to go on.

Jav
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
highmodeghosts,

My apologies for my behavior with my comments last night. I had very little sleep (5.25 hours out of 48) my comment was more directed at the others comments and not your experience. I'm not sure if you saw it but... Well it was what it was.

Zander has brought up a great point and drawn attention to details within your experience as well as offered some great advice. For an extra 'layer' of comfort you may wish to try this.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
highmodeghosts (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
Zeta,
I couldn't see the shadow's eyes, but I could feel that it was staring... If that makes any sense, and it was tilting it's head.
Yes I'm 15!
I was scared when I saw the shadow! But when I heard those knocking noices on my wall, and when I heard and felt something/someone walking outside my bed room door, I wasn't scared.

I haven't exactly talked to them about. I just told them about it, and but they don't believe in any kind of the paranormal or anything like that, so they didn't really listen to me.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
Hello highmodeghosts:

I have a couple of questions for you and I hope you will answer. How did you know that this black shadow standing behind you was staring at you? Did you see the reflection off of your dogs eyes? Also... How did you know it was staring? Did you see its eyes or was it just the way the shadow was standing, hovering, whatever.

One more thing... You must be about 15-16 years old. I think you are very wrong to say that you are "not scared of this thing" when on initial contact you hid under your blankets. Have you talked to your folks about this?

Zeta.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
Whoa cowboy! Slow this rodeo down for a moment.
First of all, if you read my comment you will see that I had agreed with the things she said happened, did happen. You have a problem with the wording? How about you check the 'Submission Guidelines'? This is what I was referring to in the way I posed my comment...

"Please avoid overusing conversations fillers such as "okay", "like, "well", "so", "anyways", "you know", "all right", "here it goes", "he's like", "then this... Then that... Then this". This is a written story, not a chat with your buddy on the phone. Written stories don't start with "ok so well anyways it was like you know".

Be very careful with that name calling there Dann, you have no idea what you are saying. Call me what you like, but make sure it's at least in the realm of possibilities.

Highmodeghosts,

Yes, I had a little fun at your expense. But you breezed on past the stated guidelines for what is accepted and what is frowned upon as far as relating your experience. That makes it easy for someone like me to take liberties at your expense. If the guidelines mean nothing to you when you are submitting your story, why should the comments guidelines bother you when those are crossed?
Read my comment again, I was agreeing with things. But I was responding in the manner it was written, with a bit more emphasis added.

Jav
highmodeghosts (1 stories) (7 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
yeah, I'm offended because this is a website, that should be taken seriously. Ofc, you can fool around, but don't over do it. And I want my story to be taken seriously, because I want to find out if this spirit or whatever that is in my house, is evil or not!
MizMiMi02 (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
If that's all it takes to offend you... Wow, you must not have ever REALLY been offended. I look at it this way, at least no one has to wonder who delivered all the down votes. LOL
DannX68 (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
Yeah, highmodeghosts, I also wondered about the comments they made. I seem to remember that somewhere they said, that we should all be grown-ups in here. I also seem to recall, that they usually delete comments that aren't helpful? Ah well, maybe that only goes for some.
highmodeghosts (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
Zander,
Thank you very much for your comment!❤
Yeah, that might be possible, because I never really had any experiences before that night. I have tried the Ouija board twice, but nothing happend. Not really sure if it was such a good idea.? Xx
highmodeghosts (1 stories) (7 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
Im sorry for the confusion. I wasn't looking at my dog like that. I was just checking on her, to see if she was sleeping or what, but she wasn't. Then I saw that shadow thing standing behind me. And to be honest, I'm quite offended by all of your foolish comments.
Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
Interesting. Since these experiences began after your guests' visit 6 years ago or so, have you considered that an entity may have been attached in some way to one of the guests? And then stayed on? I have heard accounts where particularly a person with untreated addiction was attracting entities which stayed on after the person's visit. I would smudge your home with sandalwood incense and/or sage and bless your home and the empty room with prayers of your belief system for protection, if I were you. You are at the age where you can be partcularly vulnerable to entities, potentially--adolescence, early teens if I'm not mistaken from your description. Better safe than sorry. You have handled all with a cool head and courage, but it might be good not to be bothered at all by anything that doesn't belong there.
Gargoyle (51 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
HaHa! Jav, I just spat my lunchtime soup out there!
I get the feeling that if anyone stared into my dog's eyes for too long they would be very likely to get eaten!
Although I must say I live in a building where if you walk around in one of the bedrooms the floor in the living room shakes...
Just thought I'd mention it...

😊

Gargoyle
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
He was thinking my face must taste pretty good because as soon as I got close enough he licked it. I don't really care for that myself, but the dog is faster than me. What are you going to do? You can't undo dog kisses, they're forever.

Jav 😁
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
Dear highmodeghosts,
If you really are experiencing such occurrences on a regular basis, I would first request you to take a Psychiatric evaluation before consulting a paranormal expert.
In my opinion, you are facing delusions, as you have peculiar habit of tying to use your dog's eyes as a rear view mirror, which you should quit.
Thanks
Regards
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
So I was just sitting here, right? And reading as usual. Then I see it's about 8:45. So I think "Well, I better see if I can see the reflection in my dogs eyes. So I sit there staring like crazy, and nothing is working right. So I think "That's okay, I'm sure it works", so then I let my dog go outside because that's where they like to be at night when it's cooled down. So I wish I had stairs in my house to test out the shaking floor thing. So I think "No, I know that does happen just like she said". So I just start to write my response when I don't remember what I was going to say. So I stopped.

Jav

😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: