You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: High School Experience

Real Ghost Stories

High School Experience

 

I left this out of Story 2 on purpose

Backtrack to 2003. I am a sophomore in high school. For P. E., instead of having us do "physical education", Coach Flowers (quite the intimidating football coach name) had us go to the track and just hang out. It was basically a free period where we didn't have to do anything. One day, my friends Mark, Pelka, and I were walking past the small buildings the bathrooms were at, and we heard multiple screams coming from the girls' bathroom. We ran in and there, we found our friends Nicky, Amanda, and Charlotte standing in the middle of the room, standing around a (drum roll please)...Ouija Board.

We asked them what happened, and they said they used the board to find out that there was a spirit at the track who had died during the '50s. We didn't believe them, so we got down on the floor and started using it. We all piled our hands one it as Amanda asked questions. I don't remember everything we found out, but basically, some girl had died at the track in the '50s and she was restless. After a few minutes of questions and answers, all six of us ran out of there screaming. After a couple minutes, we all started laughing and then started joking about it. We thought it was fun.

But within a couple days, I started seeing things. Like, weird things. I can't fully explain what I saw. They were like hallucinations. I'd see creatures following people. It'd see giant pits in the middle of what I knew to be flat ground. Not just at home, but at school. Mostly at school. I did witness some at home, but not much. I thought it was just me, so I never told anyone. It lasted six months.

By 2006, my senior year, my old group of friends disbanded and were hanging out with other people. But since we were graduating, we met up at our old hangout on the side of the school by the generator. We laughed about old times and some of the stupid things we did and swapped inside jokes. It was like a reunion of sorts, and it was very nice, and the perfect way to spend the day before graduation.

Then Amanda said, "Do you guys remember when we messed with that Ouija Board?"

We all stopped laughing. I could tell by the way she said it that she was just throwing it out there. When we got silent, I could tell she knew she hit the mark. Without any of us having to say yes, she started telling us a story about how after we used the board, she started seeing things, like hallucinations. It lasted six months. She was afraid to tell anyone, because "only crazy people see things, right?" then she started crying, as Nicky told her similar story. One by one, the six of us revealed that, after we messed with the board, we all experienced hallucinations for the next six months.

Other hauntings by Baikeru

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Baikeru, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-30)
Baikeru: I don't know if you know what sarcasm is... But I'm pretty sure lady-glow wasn't being serious.

Then again, neither were you when telling this story... 😜
Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-30)
[at] lady_glow, oh, wow. I never made that "6" connection. To make it the triple-6, we graduated in 2006, which is when we all told each other what happened... As for the creatures coming from the pits, some did. The others I didn't see doing that, but if this was a movie, they could have done it "off camera", if you know what I mean. Also, I never thought to check to see if that girl ever died. The high school we went to was built in 1996, but the current middle school USED to be the old high school before that, and it was built in the 1920s. There was a fire that happened there, but I don't know if it was the '50s. I should look into that. And yes, I hear how deadly they can be. =]].

[at] Blackmoonmage20, I think that's highly unlikely, but it's something I should keep an eye open for. =]]
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2012-09-30)
I think that the little girl who died in the '50s is the one that you see in your house. 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-29)
Six teenagers playing the Ouija Board, followed by six months of hallucinations... 66... The devil is loose!
Did the creatures come out of the giant pits on the ground like if these were portals to hell?
Did anybody check if it really was a girl who died in the 50's on the track?
How old is your school?
Well, at least I'm glad that all that exercising you guys did during PE helped you to get out and fast from the girls bathroom, those places can be creepy and boys are known to die in there! 😜
Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
[at] sds, yes, I was always told that. Even when I was little, my mom had always warned me not to touch one and always said, "They are not toys", but I never took it serious. After my experience in high school, I know they are not toys, and wish they weren't sold as such.

[at] Javelina, well, this wasn't in the school. It was at the track, outside, and no one was around. We ran in there because we heard screaming. Also, the coaches of my hometown, Merkel, are not known for being the best. In fact, if you do a Google search of Merkel coaches, you are sure to find that years ago there was a scandal with the coaches.

[at] MizMiMi02, again, Merkel. No metal detectors. My friend carried the Board in her large bag. There aren't massive security checks at that school.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
I graduated in 1994 from an Urban high school that had metal detectors, along with security searching any bag that was larger than what normally came through on any given school day.
I realize it may be different in other places, but my question is this... How on earth did your friends just walk around with a Ouija board, and no one noticed? Your teacher, a coach, a school official, just let kids wander around the school aimlessly with no supervision?
Come on, really? I'm not sure that I buy that. Schools are much more strict today than they were when I graduated, and I can't imagine the scenario you have laid out. Sorry
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
Baikeru,
I am having a problem understanding some parts of the situation you have laid out.
~ I am far removed from the years I attended high school. But I do recall how the boys were not allowed in the girls restrooms, and vice versa. This wasn't a rule that could be bent at all. It simply wasn't done. And if it did occur, they would not then stay in there to mess around with a Ouija board.
~The football coach gave you free reign during PE? A coach did this? I don't know, that just doesn't add up correctly in my book.

I don't know what to think about this one, so I'll move on to the next.

Jav
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
Baikeru, I would like to say that Ouija Boards should not be used. I told many times in this site and at the cost of repetition, it should not be used by any one. I was told that in your countries, these boards are sold in toy shops. In fact, that should be stopped. Because Ouija Board is a gateway for the other side to come into our realm. We do not know what is in store for us on the other side. So never use it. Fortunately, for you and your friends, it stopped within 6 months of using it. For some I know it went on for years on and one of them, in fact, went mad. So, please don't use it again and especially alone. Thats not a toy.

Nice narration of your experience and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
priky77 (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
The story was nicely narrated and an interesting one too I must say... Gave me goosebumps when you mentioned about the girl... Good work

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: