You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Experiences From My Childhood

Real Ghost Stories

Experiences From My Childhood

 

There is a lake not far from where I lived when I was little called Lake Fort Phantom. It sounds like a cheesy title of a ghost movie, but it's a real place. Google it. It has a Wikipedia page. Fort Phantom was used during the Civil War and was abandoned in the early 1900s. Over the past century, countless stories have come from there, and some of them big enough to end up on the local news. Skeptics think that people's imaginations get the better of them because the place looks creepy.

I was really little, maybe 4 or 5. We went there all the time when I was little, but this specific time, I saw something. One night, after a day at the lake, my mom, dad, and I were driving behind the lake taking a short cut home. I was supposed to be wearing my seat belt, but back then I didn't like to. I was on my knees in my seat facing back, watching the dirt road in the red light of the rear lights. Suddenly, in the distance, I saw movement.

It looked like a massive bird. But it changed into other shapes. The whole time we were driving behind the lake that night, it followed us, constantly changing shape. No one else saw it, but I know what I saw. I can see it now as clearly as I did back then. This one may be more of a UFO story than a ghost story, because I can't ever figure out what that was. But because all the stories from the lake were ghost stories, I guess it may have been that.

There was one night, when I was five, where I witnessed something I still can't understand. I couldn't sleep, and I was looking at my bedroom door. I saw a figure standing there, and it slid between the wall and the fridge, which was next to my door and in clear sight from where I was laying. Then there were two figures, and they pulled out the fridge a few feet, and pushed it back. A few minutes later, my dad came running into the kitchen and asked me what that noise was (so I know I didn't dream this), and I said I didn't know.

Those are the two biggest experiences from my childhood. I'll post more here in a bit. I experienced more as I grew older.

Other hauntings by Baikeru

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Baikeru, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-30)
cosmogal926,

I think your friends son might have seen a forest spirit and it is possible that what Baikeru saw was a forest spirit as well this country has many Native American guardians near water or in wooded areas. I have only seen one in my area which looked like a gremlin and disappeared into the tree that it was on.
Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-29)
Yeah, that was all over the news here when that happened. I haven't been in years, though. I'd love to go back, though. Either to ghost hunt of just look around. It's a nice place to just visit.
PsychoNinjaLette23 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-29)
Hi, upon seeing this I found an article, on where someone had recently, not that long ago died at Lake Ft. Phantom sometime in june: http://www.reporternews.com/news/2012/jun/03/man-26-drowns-at-lake-in-abilene/
Now that's quite sad, and all. I like your story. Thanks for sharing. 😐 😐 😐
Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
Wow! I can imagine how scary that must have been. When I was little my mom had a poster of the Grinch hung in the living room, and every time I had to walk through there when it was dark it always scared me. So I can just imagine.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
Two very creepy experiences. I believe there was something following your car. One time my friend's son who was about 4 at the time was insisting that he saw something that looked like the grinch following the car. We were in Pennsylvania and he kept looking out the back window, then looking at me. I was sitting in the back with him. I of course saw nothing but he looked so scared. He was begging me not to let it in. I assured him I wouldn't. He kept turning back until finally he said it disappeared. That scared the heck out of me. 😨
Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
I can't really explain what they looked like. They were just kind of like shadows.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
Baikeru, I have a feeling that you have a sensitivity to see paranormal entities. Nice narration and thanks for sharing. Really scary second encounter, in which two of them pushed and pulled the fridge from its place. Because your dad came to the room immediately thereafter, it rules out the possibility of a dream. Like Jav I would like to know how they looked like. Please share with us, if it is possible. You are courageous indeed.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
Baikeru,
Very strange indeed. The two figures that moved the refrigerator, what did they look like? Their size? Shape?
It just fascinates me to no end as to what they could have been doing. They had to have known you could see them.
This brings up so many questions...
Thank you for sharing this, it is quite puzzling.

Jav
Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
[at] Shyenne, Wayne is my stepfather

[at] Skeptic-Ari, thanks! =D

[at] Pjod, wow! Really? I never knew that, but I will definitely check out that site. You got me curious now. Lol
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
"This may be more of a UFO story than that of a ghost story"
You'd be surprised just how many "experts" in the field of paranormal activity who are linking Ufo/alien encounters to that of poltergeist and spirit activity. Take a look at a popular website called "paracast"-loaded with posters with scientific backgrounds who believe both topics may be related.
shyenne (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
Hi Baikeru.
I'm quite confused with Wayne. Is he your Stepfather or brother?. I thought he was your brother in your story about Missy when you said "My parents heard the thud of me, When Wayne saw the closet door open"

Anyways, I like your stories. I have lots of experiences but i'm just lazy to write it down. 😆

❤Shyenne❤
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
Dear Baikeru,
I absolutely loved all your stories which are in my favourite's list now.❤
And I have added you to my favourite posters list too.❤
'nuff said...😁

Thanks
Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: