You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Spirits Following Her - 2

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits Following Her - 2

 

In part I of this story, I described a spirit that may have followed my stepmom from her old house to the house my Dad currently resides in. The activity has died down some since my stepmom passed away, but there has still been some interesting stuff happening.

I still have ominous feelings when I'm alone in the basement, as if something is down there watching me. I tried to sleep down there ONCE, and I won't do it again. I can't pinpoint it, but there's just something unsettling about that basement.

My Dad has related a couple of experiences he had. The first happened when he was home alone. He had put 3 or 4 photo frames in the closet, on top of each other. That afternoon, he heard a crash coming from that closet. Upon examination, he did find one of the frames had broken, but it was a frame in between the other ones. The pile was in the same position he'd left it, and hadn't fallen.

The second experience is what we all sort of wanted to see, but were afraid to see it. My Dad was in bed with his girlfriend. She was asleep. He went to turn over, and saw a black shadow in the shape of a man walk past his door. It definitely freaked him out, and he never told his girlfriend, as he didn't want to frighten her.

Another notable experience happened in 2007 after my stepmom's mother passed on. She passed away in the back bedroom, on hospice. We were having a pool party that summer, and my cousin, who was a teen at the time, went inside to change into her swimsuit. She came running back outside after she'd changed, frantically telling us that she had seen my stepmom's mother standing in the hall near her room.

The last thing I want to talk about was a cool EVP my Dad caught. It was a few years after we lost my stepmom. He decided to leave the recorder on one day when he went to work. The EVP he caught made him so emotional that he called me immediately. When I came over and listened, I gasped. I could faintly hear a female voice saying "I love you." We are convinced it was my stepmom. She hasn't tried to communicate since, so we think her spirit moved on.

Other hauntings by fallenangel028

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fallenangel028, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-08)
Hi fallenangel, I'm sorry for the loss of your stepmom. It's intriguing that the activity has fallen off since her passing though. I don't think that is a coincidence.

Rook has suggested the use of his cleansing/shielding method 2 years ago on one of your other accounts. It is still a good idea, especially with that ominous-feeling presence in the basement. Your instinct has been telling you for a while that something feels "off" there. Perhaps you should take precautions?

About that frame that broke - did your Dad say whose photo was in it?

I'm glad that your Dad has such a sweet, comforting message from your stepmom. Now that technology has greatly improved in the past few years, perhaps you can send us a copy of the recording of her voice, as well as the earlier one with the footsteps and the clock being hit. This way, your Dad can still keep the original safely intact.

Those recordings do sound fascinating... Thanks for the update. 🤔

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: