You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Demon: For Real Or Just A Dream?

Real Ghost Stories

Demon: For Real Or Just A Dream?

 

This happened in year 2002. I was 4th year high school at that time. We were living in a small two-story house with one room where my mom and 2 younger siblings sleep. My other brother and I used to sleep near the stairs.

I normally sleep late at night during my teenage years. At that night, after I prayed I slept. I have morning class the next day so I can't stay up so late. It was around 11 pm as far as I remember. I was fast asleep when suddenly I felt my body got hardened and I can't move. I tried to open my eyes and when I slightly opened it, I saw my brother beside me, already asleep. When I looked at the corner near the stairs, I was shocked to see a demon with two red fiery eyes. It seemed that his whole feature was just a shadow, but you will clearly identify that it was a demon because of the shape of the shadow. Looking at his red eyes and two long horns, it was very creepy. I was so afraid and I even felt like I'm going to have heart attack. I was struggling to move and the force seems very strong.

When I felt like I can no longer fight it, I shouted the name of Jesus and commanded the demon to go away. I shouted the same thing three times, and that's the only time I was released from that strong force. I got up and check if the demon was still at the corner. I looked around and saw that everything was back to normal and the demon was no longer there. I prayed again and thank God for helping me overcome that dark entity.

I was actually a young Christian back then. The devil must be really very furious at that time since I decided to follow Christ and live a life wholly for Him. I had many more same experiences after that. But, I am very thankful to God because of His protection and love.

God bless you all!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angelus04, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

thisweirdasian (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-01)
I personally think the demon is a hallucination due to sleep paralysis. I had the same episode for a long time now, years now actually. The same phenomenon have been subjected to studies which show that the "entities" we see while in a state of sleep paralysis are mere hallucinations. However, hallucinations or not, I think, given my Christian background, as long as it strengthened your faith, then at least your belief in Him was strengthened.
lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-10)
I'm quite sure it's only sleep paralysis because I once experienced the same thing even much creepier than your experience. Yes it was hard for me to move and even to just utter a word and it's all normal. I've read a lot of cases associated with thàt topic so I'm starting to get tired of reading the same thing. In my case I saw a man wearing a white tuxido and a hat with piercing red eyes and he was forcing me to look into his eyes. He was just inches away from me, I while he was there, I felt and saw a hand grabbed my right foot and the creepy part was it was just a hand with arms but no shoulders, face or anything else just a pale looking hand. My room was changing into another place, a very old dormitory room to be exact and I can hear someone from the dormitory was telling me about ghost in the said place. I can't even see her although she was speaking in such a normal way like us, I can't see her. I was just hearing her voice wherever I go.

See? The demon thing is something very sensitive topic to talk about because none of us knows what exactly demons can do aside from possesing one's body. If a demon could miss a chance to hurt someone like it did to you if ever that demon was real.

Anyway always pray because wether it is real or not a prayer is the best way to keep everyone safe. God bless:)

--GiNG
batVkitty (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
yep its definately Sleep Paralysis where you can't scream or move in your half-awake half-asleep dream. I had one too where I saw a demons face and his laugh I felt I couldn't move or scream I tried screaming my brothers name for help but I couldnt! So I prayed in my dreams and it was gone for a while but then it came back with whispers then I started praying again... I was so terrified! I wanted to sleep with the lights on.
angelus04 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Thanks brenttan for believing my story. Well, everyone has their own story to tell. People may believe it or not, but the important thing is, we had the chance to share what we've experienced.
angelus04 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Thanks for your comments. I fully understand if some of you don't believe this story. I agree with milenko_necromancer. Demons can shape-shift. They can shape-shift into a very good looking person, or the opposite. Nevertheless, with what I saw, I'm pretty sure it's a demon. Until now, I can still clearly remember what had happened.

Again, thanks to everyone for spending time in reading my story.
milenko_necromancer (11 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-05)
Demons...
Such a peculiarly difficult topic to speak of because of the great range of types and a variety of names for all, including false ones that they tell only you in order to baffle you into believing that they aren't as powerful or dangerous as they truly are. Though the shape you described is truly a famous one associated with Demons, it is a huge stereotype. Demons are naturally (or maybe supernaturally) good shapeshifters. If they wish for you to see them as an attractive person, they put up a mirage of an attractive person as a substitution for their true forms. If it wants you to view it as a powerful, hostile, and grotesque being, it shows that image. Most Demons serve one purpose: to inflict pain or cause fear. This one obviously rattled you a fair bit. But it didn't hurt or maim you and it was obviously powerful enough to do so, so that was clearly not its objective. Though I'm only 14, I have been looking at psychology and philosophy lately and have realized one thing thanks to both fields of study: Hell is all in your head. Think about it; Hell is made differently for everyone because everyone has different fears. If you fear nothing, then there is nothing to fear. No nightmares can ever plague you if you don't have fears. No demons can truly hurt youif you don't hold fear, as they typically harm people out of a desire to see their fear. If no one fears a demon, judging by the thoughts and actions of most beings on this plantet, that demon would do one of two things: either try harder until people feared it or give up (much like the "fight or flight" reflex). This hasn't happened since the incident in the story, has it?

If you have any questions or opinions you would like to discuss with me, just send me a message.
-Milenko_Necromancer
brenttan (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-01)
I very much believe your account, Angelus. To the others, who so commonly everywhere in this site and others, who glibly say it is not demons but "sleep paralysis", I ask you how do you know demons cannot cause sleep paralysis? It has been recounted in many ghostly experiences, and I myself have had 2 or three such experiences. And I know too, I have overcome that heavy dark power by faith and the Name of Jesus Christ, commanding it to leave, in Jesus' Powerful Name! Again, it had taken me a few times to summon up enough power through faith and at first calling upon Jesus' name, there was no effect yet, and I felt chilled and a consciousness of very low vibrations and fearful oppression. I have always found that most supernatural movies don't really give me chills or fears any more, as I have had to live my life with much struggle with these evil spirits, whose only nature and will is to torment, scare and taunt. There is not a shred of mercy in them and the fear you feel will only give them more power over you. That is why Christians are commanded by God, in Scriptures to "Resist the devil (in Jesus' name) and he will flee from you." What makes people so certain that nightmares have no spiritual reality when so many of us feel that it is so? For a person who dares go through graveyard roads at night, I would say I am not exactly lily livered, regarding these entities. INdeed our consciousness is interlinked with these spirit realms and states of consciousness, as we are not this physical body but we are spirits that dwell within this physical body, and the consciousness of both body and spirit that we all are, gives us "soul consciousness" which includes emotions and spiritual awareness. Thank you Angelus for your account. And I agree, Satan can come in many forms. It is their nature to want to frighten (low beings, as low humans also like to terrify and have others under their dominant power), torment and make you give them more importance than they have actually!
mommarenee (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
Demons or the Devil can appear to you however they want to. If they want to appear to a person with red eyes and horns they will. If they want to appear to a person as an innocent child to lead you on, they will. Or in my experience some also will not show themselves but will taunt you with their presence. I couldn't see them, but I felt them there (awake & asleep). Demons can manifest themselves to appear to you in any way shape or form that they think will discourage you or bring you closer to them. They know your thoughts and fears. And they know and HATE if they know you are trying to have a closer relationship with God. So they will play any mind games to interfere with that. Maybe it was sleep paralysis, maybe it was a nightmare. Maybe you really saw this demon, my point is the devil will play with your mind in anyway he can. Even if he has to send demons into your dreams or cause sleep paralysis.
I believe your story and it's because I have had a number of similar experiences and it's always when I'm working on my relationship with God. Sometimes it would be a dream. I would even be in the half asleep/awake state at times, but it was very REAL. Just stay strong and keep your faith & PRAY PRAY PRAY!
God Bless You! 😁
vinportobg (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
The story is most probably true as it seems and the rest who don't believe in supernatural well there is your answer... You don't have experiences because its counterproductive for a demon to scare you when you are allready going to hell! Why would they make their job of destroying your soul harder since just not believing is enough 😉
zyke17 (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-27)
wow fiction? Ok no I was just a bit skeptical because your reaction was instant I mean nowadays you can't say that a demon has a red eyes a tail... You know it's kind of costume a haloween one. But it's said in the Bible that lucifer is a good looking man in fact he is a songleader in heaven before, this is just our theory that demons are not necessarily bad-looking or badass because how can you come or entertain him if he's not attractive? I mean he wants us to come to him right? So how can he do that if we'll be afraid of his appearance? Got my point? 😁 but don't get me wrong I am very much resistant to demons it give me the chills just to mention "demons" cause they are all around, watching...
millicent (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-26)
so creepy. Sometimes, it happens when God is testing our faith in him.
sybilline (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
so, you instantly recognized it as a demon? Hmm... Strange. I would say this story is slightly far fetched... The other interesting item is that your brother was sound asleep, yet you woke up so suddenly.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Ok well as some of the other posters have already stated not a demon however I feel it is neither a case of sleep paralysis. Maybe imagination running a little wild.
aQua05 (guest)
-2
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
That's right. Many people say that if you are a follower of God, satan will try to disturb you or he'll try your faith. My advise is keep your faith and do not be afraid of anything.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Gloria has a good point, if you got to articles on this site there is an article about sleep paralysis. I found it very informing, but then again you saw a shadow too. But read the article it is very interesting.
GloriaW (2 stories) (15 posts)
+5
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
angelus04- I recommend that you research sleep paralysis it is terrifying and feels very real at the time you are experiencing it. I am not discounting your experience. However, since you saw what people have created as a stereotypical view of what a demon would look like, its probably your subconscious/dream while under sleep paralysis. Please take the time to look into it rather than living in irrational fear. I hope this helps. ❤
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
I am not Christian and I would imagine the devil with horns, red eyes etc.
No offence to anyone but please remember the author of this story is "a young adult". Maybe this person got carried away writing their experience and this site can be an outlet of some sort for people to share their experiences whether they are believed or not. Smart arse comments are not very welcoming.
Angelus - I am sure your faith has assisted you in many ways. Take care x
LuiDesu (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Seems like... The force was strong with this one! *ba dum tss*

No intention to disregard your experience, but I also have my doubts about this because it really sounds a bit too cliché for my liking, I mean, horns and red eyes, really?

Seeing that you are very christian, you probably grew up with that sort of image of the devil - horns, hooves, red eyes etc. I think we can say that this fueled you imagination when you fell into sleep paralysis and voilà, we have an imaginary encounter with Satan!
Isolde (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
That's a very scary experience. Like another poster mentioned, it does sound as a case of sleep paralysis. That can bring forth your worst fears. I don't have a medical background, but I saw somewhere on this site people mentioning how you can reduce the chance of sleep paralysis. Maybe another poster can help you out with this. Anybody?
vstoljockey (12 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
sleep paralysis
Or a dream
Dont watch too manh horror movies
dntbelieveinghost (2 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
no its not demon. Its a case of sleep paralysis with nightmare.

PoliexterLy,
I totaly agree with you. I think if the shape of shadow is square, the story would be demon T.V. Or demon robot.
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-10-23)
You said you could identify that this thing was a demon because of the shape of its shadow?
So if it was shaped as a... Square for example, it's a demon? Or not? 😨

Did you tell your brother about your experience afterwards? Did you tell anyone?

I have my doubts about this story for sure. But best of luck to you.
God bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: