You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Good Demon

Real Ghost Stories

The Good Demon

 

Now I'm only calling this a Demon because it looked pretty scary. In truth I have no idea what this could have been, but I mentioned it briefly in a previous story. This is a more detailed account.

When me and my family lived at number 11 we all were aware of the spirits residing there and the strange dark energy that seemed to suffocate the air. Despite this, we felt relatively safe and found ways to cope with whatever happened around us.

The scariest thing that happened to me was being locked in a cupboard under the stairs by some invisible force while I was home alone (read: The Ghosts of number 11) but that is not the worst thing to happen in that house, luckily what I'm about to describe didn't happen to me...

My older brother whose bedroom was right next to mine started to become increasingly agitated and tired day by day. At first he wouldn't say what was on his mind but as time went by he began to tell me he was seeing a strange man in his bedroom every night, just staring at him. He described the man as being huge, with long dark hair wearing a long coat and having bleeding slash marks all over his body hands and face. My brother had never believed in ghosts (he rather believed that he was losing his mind) and definitely wasn't the kind of person to make up stories. I asked him what the man did or said and he told me "he just stands there, bleeding, watching me", he claimed the entity had bulging angry eyes and a dark energy to him. Needless to say I was petrified that I was going to see it too and could barely sleep.

He never told anyone else about what he'd seen which made what happened next even more scary. Over the years a handful of people would claim to see the exact same thing. In my mothers case she kept saying that she would wake up and see a bleeding man with an angry face sitting on her feet. Another brother of mine who didn't live with us but stayed over every now and again claimed that he'd wake up at night to the bleeding man poking at his chest and sides and so on... Myself and my younger sister never saw him at all.

I've thought about this a lot over the years and one day I came to a sudden realization. All the people who had seen the bleeding man; my brothers, my mum and a few other people, at some point turned out to be terrible people who had done horrible things (yes including my brothers and mum) which were not yet known about. Which gave me reason to wonder about the bleeding ghost. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the bleeding man would only show himself to bad people, that they were the only ones who could see him. I can't help thinking that he wasn't a bad entity at all and that I just misunderstood him.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Spoopy328, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-09-29)
Hi, when you said " a lot worse than stealing as children". You make it seem like they murdered people or abuse people? The only possible worse deeds I can think of are the ones in Ten Commandments like, killing, cheating, lying, stealing.

I do hope your mother and brothers are not that terrible that your safety is endangered.

I also pray that the restless spirit can finally move on and be at peace.

Thanks and God bless.
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-09-29)
Hi Spoopy328,

After reading "The Ghosts of Number 11" and "The Good Demon", both interesting stories by the way, I started wondering about a few things. Is the good demon and the bleeding man one and the same - and if so, why would you label this thing 'good' if it's been terrorizing your family?

Also, I was curious about the invisible force that locked you in the cupboard; have you ever felt that it could be the bleeding man, or do you think it could be a completely different entity?

It seems like that home had a whole bunch of unusual activity going on all at once, I do hope life has quieted down and gotten better for everyone in your family.
Take Care, LightMight
Spoopy328 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-09-29)
Shabtslover

I'm not sure what he was, or why he was in that house, all I can say is I get the feeling that he may not have been as bad as his appearance would suggest. I haven't lived in that house since my childhood so I have no idea if it's still there or not, wish I could find out though.
Shabtslover (11 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-09-29)
That's really sad that your brothers and mum turned out to be bad, I hope they never did anything horrible to you though, this was a very interesting read, I don't know much about spirits and all so If it was a restless spirit as darriux said then I hope it gets to rest well
Spoopy328 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-09-29)
DarriuxDarkk
I think what I wrote is pretty easy to understand. Obviously when I say they did bad things I mean a lot worse than 'stole something as children'.
😁
Bodi-Gundamma (1 stories) (21 posts)
-1
4 years ago (2020-09-28)
My friend who sprite... He tells me not worry about ghosts. He say he will make friends with them and talk to them. People happy
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-09-28)
Hi, thank you for sharing your story. You've mentioned that the bleeding man only show himself to people who have done some terrible things or were bad people.

I'm just curious as to what extent of bad deeds does the bleeding man would take as a criteria to show himself. My reason to ask is because I believe all of us are at one point have done bad things. I for example have stolen money when I was a kid but back then I don't what the concept of stealing really is, I just know that it was a paper with cool pictures and thus why I took it. Also other people might have done like white lies which is also considered as bad but just depends on the person on how grievous the consider the white lie is.

My point is, I'm pretty sure everyone of us did some bad things in our life but what makes your mother and brothers deemed bad enough for the bleeding man to show himself to them?

I think that entity is a restless spirit, for it to be a demon, I believe it should have a sinister and evil aura with it. I believe there should be like stages on it's haunting like infestation, possession stage and so on.

Maybe some prayers will help to the restless spirit?

Thank you and God bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: