You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Overlook 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Overlook 2

 

This past weekend, 6 and 7 October 2012, my best friend (I am not using their real names) Elaine, and her husband Tim and their kids came to visit me. Tim has been able to see and commune with the dead since he was a little boy. He says it wrings him out physically and emotionally and he feels it is more a burden than a blessing, but when they speak to him, he cannot ignore them.

Given the information I gave about The Overlook in my first story, I just had to ask him about the house. See if he knew anything about it. The moment you start telling him about a ghostly experience, he can describe the layout of the house you're talking about and tell you the events that led up to the death of whoever is haunting the house. It is incredible to experience, especially considering he has never been to the places he describes.

The moment I mentioned the woman in the tub, he said, "she was already dead when she was put in there". Then he proceeded to tell me what had happened. Apparently, this was a case of an affair gone wrong. The husband suspected his wife of having an affair, but never had real proof. On this fateful day, he arrived home to find an unknown vehicle in the driveway of his house. He pulled out of the driveway and waited down the street until the man in question left. As soon as he was gone from view, he went home, furious. He grabbed his wife the moment he entered the house and hauled her to the bathroom where the shower was located. He tied a rope around her neck and fixed it to the showerhead. Convinced he would succeed in killing his wife this way, he left the bathroom.

She, however, fought against the rope and managed to get her toes onto the little step leading into the shower. Somehow, she managed to get the rope free from the showerhead, but not from around her neck. She stumbled out of the bathroom and when she got into the passageway, she was battling to breathe, her throat constricted because of the rope. She fell forward, hitting her hand against the wall, and, trying to escape from him, crawled into the storeroom. (It just so happened to be the room I was sleeping in when we lived there). Her thought was that she could get in between the boxes and other things in the room and maybe hide from her husband. However, he found her and managed to strangle her to death right there in the room.

He then proceeded to take her body into their bedroom, where he laid her in the bathtub. He had killed their infant child as well, though Tim got emotional regarding that part and did not want to divulge too much information, saying that the father took the baby's body and wrapped it in black bags and literally threw the body into the bottom shelf of his closet. How anyone could to that to a child is beyond me. Finally, he went to the bar, sat down behind it, smoked a cigarette and then shot himself.

The wife's lover was the person to find the bodies. According to Tim, the man has been in and out of mental hospitals since then, and has tried a few times to commit suicide, but has not succeeded as yet.

As for the granny in the tub, I am now wondering if she may have died coincidentally in the same tub that the woman's body had been found in, or if something more paranormal had led to her death there.

Other hauntings by triden07

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-26)
Believe me when I say that I have seen worse things happening with people when they literally behave worse than animals. Just recently, I came across this incident in my city wherein a woman confessed to putting 7 newborn stray puppies (2 days old) into a big plastic bag and throwing them from a bridge over a river (which has dried up). The reason she gave was: they would grow up and create a nuisance for her and her family. The least she could have done was handed them over to animal services/animal lovers.
MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
As much as it can be fascinating, it's also a pain in the rear sometimes!:)
Lou-Looks like I'm not the only one unable to accept patients, as it seems your office is closed also.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
Triden,
I remember the Overlook now... Apparently I am getting as good with titles as I am with names... Seems like Nimrod Park would have been right up my alley.:P
And thanks for the compliment, it is much appreciated.

Lou
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
Lou
No worries 😉 my stories aren't nearly as good as yours though
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
Yeah, Triden... I am an idiot. Maybe it is a compliment that I got so engaged in the story, I forgot the title? I figured it out a couple seconds after sending my last post.:P

Lou
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
Lou
The original story is named The Overlook 😉 It was one of my first stories here.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
triden,

Pretty vivid account, but are your experiences in this place in another story?...sorry, I missed it if they are.

Mizmimi,

Great description with regards to the soda bottle... Literally for years, all of my experiences were visual only... I would never feel them coming, they were just suddenly visible. Its funny, my kids like to hide in our house and jump out and scare each other and always get frustrated when it does not work on me... After twenty years of having people come out of the walls, I guess I got immuned to being startled.
It wasn't until about seven or eight years ago that my feelings or premonitions seemed to start to link directly to my sightings... Or at least, I began getting better at connecting the dots.
Thanks for sharing, but as much as I'd like to give you a karma point; you are apparently still "not accepting patients" in that department, with some help of course.

Lou
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
MizMiMi02
I really find it fascinating that people like you and "Tim" can experience and communicate on the level that you do. He picks up on living people too though. He sent me a message yesterday evening and said "I've been meaning to ask, who has a problem with a ring/rings?". I was astounded. My little sister has suddenly become "allergic" to her wedding ring. She showed me on Saturday that there are actual blisters forming on her skin where the ring is. "Tim" mentioned to me that the condition is painful to her. But the one thing we share as a family, is the symbolism of a wedding ring. My dad's wedding ring has never been taken off, and he says he doubts he ever could. The ring he currently has my mom bought him for Christmas 4 or 5 years ago. The one he had before had to be cut off when he went in for surgery to his neck. Mom loves her rings, she literally wears 18 rings at the same time. I never removed my ring until the day I told my ex I wanted a divorce, now my mom wears it, lol. And my sister and her lovely husband are the same. He initially thought his ring would bother him, as he is not a jewelery person, but, it is now a part of him.
MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-26)
What a story! I can only imagine the horror that poor woman went through to live, only to be thwarted in the end. And how cruel of a father he was to just discard his child like trash!
I wanted to touch on Tim's reluctance to "turn off" his gift. My first real experience with seeing them was around the age of 8, and over the years I have had many times where I just didn't want to deal with it.
Let's face it, as nice as it is to be helpful, you can't give yourself over fully to them. I have found at times, that I have to simply tell them that I am not taking patients at the moment. (that btw, is my way of saying it, it's silly but it's how I get across to them) If I get one that is particulary pushy, I will let them know that I am willing to help them, but not if they choose to throw themselves "into" me.
When I have rested and feel like I can continue, I open myself back up slowly. I picture it as opening a bottle of soda that has been shook up, and you have to open the cap really slow.
They energy the throw off, really does drain you. There are many times when I know it will be a long process. Some just don't want to go.
I closed myself off for quite some time back in my teens (really, who wants to be an even MORE awkward teenager?), and chose to ignore every sign thrown my way. It is possible with some work, to bring it back.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-25)
Shlain
As much as I feel for her, the chances of me setting foot in that house again, especially now, is below zero. Considering that I am seeing and experiencing more now than I did then, I'd most probably grab the attention of her husband as well, and that thought scares the wind out of me.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-25)
What an awful occurrence! That poor woman is probably reliving that horrible day over and over. I feel for her. If you ever go there again perhaps you should talk to her and let her know its ok to cross over and that she will find peace.

I get emotional just thinking of it.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-23)
Personally I never been a fan of blackberry products. I got the playbook and ended up selling it two weeks later because of all the bugs it had. Since I use the computer a lot so when I found out that the Playbook had the Microsoft products on it, I was trilled because that meant that I didn't have to carry my laptop everywhere. But it just drove me nuts with it keep shutting down on me and everything else. Although, I have both the PC and MAC laptops, I prefer Apple products. I got my cousin to jail break the IPad I got and was able to add the Microsoft products on it. Sorry for the rumblings from a graphic artist who loves her Apple.

As for Tim's response,
I understand where he is coming from. I guess everyone is different like the fingers on their hands. Tim is one of those people who have a strong connection to the paranormal that it's impossible to turn it off, even if he wanted to.

Tim's quote: "And spirits in general can feel when a person can see/feel them."

I totally understand. It's like a magnatic and the spirits know that we know that we are there. Especially for people like you and Tim, who are also em paths. I could feel the emotions of others also but mine is not as strong as yours or Tim's but I get where you are coming from because when I do get it, it whacks the winds out of you and it takes awhile for you to get back to your normal self.

For your comment to PsychologyMelon, I totally get where you are coming from because I have experienced that to. When the feelings are good, it's really good but when the bad / sad feelings come, I don't like it. Also, personally, I find it that bad / sad kind of feelings are the hardest to control.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-23)
geetha50
BBM is such a wonderful invention, Tim says:
"With people like me, I see/experience/feel/hear at all times. I can't escape it and I can't switch it off. And spirits in general can feel when a person can see/feel them. Everyone is born with the ability to feel, and as a child we mostly learn to ignore it. I can't, I have tried. Trust me, I would prefer not being able to."

PsychologyMelon
I can only speak from what I have experienced. I have not been able to see since I was 8 years old and Kobie came to say goodbye. Since I have learnt about Charlie and Gran and Kiddo, I have openly acknowledged them and I tend to draw them close. I talk to them when I can feel their presence. My Gran makes the passageway to the bedrooms so peaceful I love sitting there on the carpet next to the doorway and just being quiet with her.

Now, however, because Charlie is linked to me, when he gets sad, I get sad. It's not on the level that I feel sadness personally. The same with fear and anguish, when he gets upset, I feel a knot in my stomach start. When Gran gets upset, my word, you feel that you should keep your distance. And with Kiddo, when he is unhappy I also feel sad. But when that little guy is happy, I feel drawn to the room. I wish there were a better way to describe it.

Tim told me one very important thing, you have to remember, if you can see, you see the good and the bad. Some things you don't want to see, but it can't be helped. So, for me, seeing Kiddo sitting in the toy crate in a picture (on my profile) and feeling them around me, is enough. I'm honestly afraid of seeing too much.
PsychologyMelon (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-23)
Triden, I think your experiences are so intriguing (but like geetha, the part about the baby really got to me), but what I want to know is: Is it really possible to make yourself able to see again? I would really love to be able to do that. I was able to see as a child, but I can't anymore. Like you, I can only feel them. Thank you so much for sharing.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-23)
geetha50
Tim loves his children very much, they really are the centre of his world. When I had just met them I showed Elaine a DVD that my aunt and cousin made of my little boy, when he was in a coma, and Elaine told me that Tim would not be able to see that DVD. He has empathic abilities and he can't stand the pain, especially not when it comes to kids.

I never knew about the child being killed, but my mom told me my sister and my youngest cousin often heard a baby crying in that house. And then my mom happened to tell me what a creeping fear she had of the bathroom with the shower in it.

I'm firmly convinced that more than one family murder happened in that house, since there is the presence of a child, around 8 or 9 years old, in the livingroom. And then there is the mysterious footprint (seeming to be of a 5 year old) burned into the carpet at the entrance to the bar. That house is a hotbed for violence.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
geetha50
Hi there. You pose a very good question. I have never outright asked Tim about it, but I'm going to, now that my curiosity is peaked as well.

What he has told me is that most people are born being sensitive, but as they grow older they kind of condition themselves not to see. This is when rational thinking starts kicking in. It's the reason why young children are so very open to seeing and feeling these things. In the case of the bad spirit that was in my house in october "it feeds on panic and fear" I was intrigued as to why this entity did not show itself or lash out around the children. And Tim said it was a case of "they did not shun me or show me they did not want me around". Ofcourse, not all entities, especially bad ones, have that common courtesy.

Since being made aware of the spirits in my home, especially Charlie because he is around me almost constantly, I seem to be becoming in tune with their emotions. Tim says it's because I'm teaching myself to see again.

I'm going to ask Tim about your question, hopefully update you today still.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
Thanks for the update, Triden, but I just can't get the image of the child being killed in a plastic bag. I'm personally not a mother but I have enough nieces and nephews and little cousins that I care about and to have them hurt themselves, it sends a panic in me because I couldn't help them take away the pain. So to think a father would intentionally hurt his child, let alone kill him is unthinkable. I can just imagine what Tim felt like when he was experiencing these emotions.

I have a question for you. I don't know if you can answer it or you might have to ask Tim about it. I was told that people who are sensitive to the paranormal have the ability to turn it "off" or "on". It takes awhile and lots of practice but it could be done. If it is physically and emotionally draining for Tim, why does he still do it. I know you mentioned that Tim said that if the ghost call, he can't deny them but in order to help them, Tim has to be well both physically and emotionally to do what he does. Wouldn't it be easier for Tim to take a break once in a while to built his strength?

If it's a little to personal, you or Tim don't have to answer but I was just wondering because I like to give credit to people who can do this sort of stuff day in and day out but also, I like to think their health is important, also.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: