You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Small Boy

Real Ghost Stories

The Small Boy

 

My name is Kevin. I lived in Mauritius. I had never believe in ghost or ghost stories. But one night, I have open my windows as it was too hot inside my room. I was not feeling sleepy, so I bend on the windows and smoking my cigar as usual.

I was looking at the neighbor's dog who was barking or crying something like that at the windows of my neighbors which was open. I tried to see who was there, my hand was shaking to see a small boy with a weird face looking at me. I closed the windows rapidly and went to sleep thinking it was the neighbor's son who was there.

The next day I approach my neighbor's son asking him if he was there at his windows last night. But he complain that he was not at home last night, he was at his grandmother's place. I thought he was kidding me, but his mother was also saying that he was not at home.

I ask his mother if someone has come yesterday at her place but she said no.

The next night I have again open the windows to smoke my cigar, he was there, looking at me with his scary face. I ran to my dad to tell him what I had just see, but it was not there when my dad came.

I wanted to know who it was, what it was. I ask my grandmother about my I had seen. Then she tell me, "The spirit you saw, was the son of my neighbor, which they killed him as they were not ready for a baby and they buried his body in their garden."

I have ask my neighbor's son if he has ever seen it. He said that every night the spirit want to play with him, but now every year in the month of October I see him, walking in his garden.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kevin21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChristineNicole (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
Just wanted to suggest, perhaps the grandmother knows because her neighbours were arrested? He didn't say that her neighbours had told her themselves or that they got away with it. Also murdering a child is not that far fetched. People have done worse things in this world.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
Ok I'm going to add my two cents here, I will say that this story does have some parts that make it hard to believe such as admitting to killing your child but like previously stated it could be from the language barrier.
I will say this though as to the remark of why does the person only see the spirit in October it could be that the infant was killed and buried in the garden in the month of October, the OP only states that he see him in October not through the entire month. I do have to question the age of the child but is it that hard to believe not another soul was ever killed in that area.
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
anyway, I am so not here to argue. So I will say, very sad for the poor little boy and hope he finds peace soon, or has fun playing with your neighbour's son in the meantime.
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
you know Mauritius is by no means a third world country, right? I don't doubt that it does occur, but Mauritius is a very civilized society, I don't really believe it would be common practice there. You just seemed so flippant!
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
WBC, correct... Really it isn't that unusal. Expecially in third world countries of past years. Where food and care are not readially avaliable. Even in our beloved "civilized" world it is not so un-heard of. Murder? That would be correct. But between people of the same circumstance the out come can be seen as "understandable" forgivable, hardly.
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
"Disposing of a child that is inoppertune isn't that unheard of. Sad yes, but true. Just as speaking to somone else about you loss, really isn't that hard to fathom either"

I gotta say, really? REALLY? Just killing a newborn isn't that unusual? And it wouldn't be speaking about your loss, it would be confessing to murder!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
I have the same questions as lady-glow and until I get some direct answers from the original poster, I'm not going to waste my time here. Bye.
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
ok, try number two... Short and sweet this time... There are many stories of children/infants dying, weather naturaly or not, and appearing later as if they had grown, which isn't to far off if you believe a "spirit" can age. Disposing of a child that is inoppertune isn't that unheard of. Sad yes, but true. Just as speaking to somone else about you loss, really isn't that hard to fathom either. Hopfully the OP will return to give their remarks as well.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-10-28)
BS or pre-Halloween paranoia?
[at] Cohendi: you might have a point saying that Kevin21's grandmother could be talking about the child of a different family than the one currently living in that house; but I still have some doubts about this story.

In the first place, I have to be open minded and consider the fact that the O/P's cultural back grown is different to mine and PROBABLY it is normal and common in Mauritius to kill a baby just because its time of arrival is... Inconvenient, and then tell the neighbors as if talking about what they had for supper the previous day 🤔

But IF this is the case, I would have to ask - How come the apparition is a boy and not a baby? Could a Ghost "grow" over the years or would it stay the way it was at the time of its passing?

According to the story, Kevin21 saw the small boy two nights in a row, and his neighbors son says the spirit wants to play with him every night; nevertheless Kevin21 has seen the spirit walking in his garden DURING THE MONTH OF OCTOBER for several years.

Now, does that make sense? I guess only the input of the O/P could shed some light into this story.
Cohendy (1 stories) (20 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-27)
I wouldn't put the BS blankie on that story too fast.

It might just be a misunderstanding as english does not seem to be Kevin21 main language.

- Kevin21 asked his grandmother and she replied that "her" neighbours had a baby and killed him because they were not ready. If Kevin's family has been living in the same house for a few generation then it makes sense. The current neighbours are different people from the ones the grandmother knew when she was younger.

Why did he get scared when he saw what he thought was the "current" neighbours child's face in the window. Well maybe because said child had a "weird" face. Not the usual one. When you're seeing something unfamiliar where you should be seeing well-known features, you might feel uneasy.

My two cents...
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+5
11 years ago (2012-10-26)
The case is one of the 3 here:

1.) You are a teenager, but the story is 'made up'/OR
2.) Some parts of the story might be true, but you are NOT a teenager/Or
3.) The story is totally 'made-up' AND you are NOT a teenager.

🤔

Red Flag! Red Flag!
LilAngelDee (2 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Very weird story. I agree with lady_glow, your story is quiet hard to believe because why would your neighbor admit to your grandmother they had killed their child and the neighbors son has seen the ghost as well. Just a bit confusing. 🤔
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+5
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
What kind of cigars do you smoke?
I have trouble trying to make sense of your story and have to ask you some questions:

- Why did you get scared thinking that you had seen your neighbor boy?
- Did your neighbors kill their baby just after it was born or did they get an abortion? Whatever the answer, it is hard to believe they would just bury it in the backyard and then inform their neighbors what they did.
-The spirit you "see" is a little boy, not a baby; does it mean the ghost "grew up" without the need of a physical body? 🤔
-How many years have you seen the ghost during the month of October?

I'm sorry, your story is very hard to believe, better stop smoking those cigars, they are not only bad for your health, but they seem to have already hurt your brain.
😆
aQua05 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Yikes. That's creepy. 😆
I'd never seen like that and I never want to but I do like stories like that. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: