You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Small Spirit Animal - Help!

Real Ghost Stories

Small Spirit Animal - Help!

 

How do I begin such a bizarre explanation of what is happening in my home? For about a week now I have been dealing with a small animal that makes its way on my bed at night and laying down next to me while I attempt to sleep. I can feel the noise of its movements while climbing up on the bed. I can also feel the animal lying next to me, around my leg area.

Here is the strange part! I can see the animal! No, it does not escape my presence upon looking at it. I turn on my touch lamp, while at the same time I have my eyes fixated on the animal still lying next to me (remember, I can feel its body). It is a small animal much like a rat. It acts like a rat the way it climbs up on the bed and even stays under my bed (probably in the box spring) until I go to sleep.

Five to ten minutes of me laying there I can feel it moving underneath the bed then making its ascent up the side to the top. I can even feel it walking towards me. Kinda of like "creeping" towards me, probably because I began kicking it off the bed. It has whiskers that I can feel touching my leg, or what seems like whiskers.

Now something has happened to a part of my leg that it has touched, mostly tingling. I have tried to allude it by going to my sofa and sleeping, but it actually followed me there. So I went to my recliner and yes it followed me there as well. It seems connected to me. It does not bother my dogs or anyone else in the house. My dogs, however, do sniff the floors as if they smell its presence.

I am at my wits end on trying to get rid of it. Prayers, holy candles, bible placed on the bed and even rat traps. Tried to capture it with a small blanket but to no avail. My next step is trying the sage burning.

More clues to this mystery: I have had a rat within a month ago getting in, but killed with rat poison. The home I live in has had other spiritual situations that has happened. Briefly though, my father committed suicide in the home. After that have experienced pans rattling, knocking on the walls, typical spirit things. I have also had a presence in my room which I did not want to go into here, but to me it was a "light being" and not a human-ghost. So I think the house has become of a spiritual nature after my father's death, perhaps opening a portal. I am learning these things only because these situations on coming to me without me asking for them.

This is the short story of what I am currently dealing with and am desperately looking for sound advice in how to get rid of this "spirit animal". Thank you for reading and I look forward to any insight you have to share.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MrG, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-09-29)
I recently trapped a possum that had got into my house and was living under my dishwasher. I knew I was hearing something moving around at night, eating the cat's food and drinking all its water. No one at work would've believed without the photo evidence I posted on FB.
MystieGypsy (15 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-01)
It's a very good idea that otteer has given you (that the creature is a living breathing animal of some sort that could possibly be humanely trapped).

I sometimes binge read YGS, and I just recently read a story that dealt with a person who had a human-shaped spirit who would demand to sleep in the same bed as the writer. That writer had the additional problem that the spirit wanted to be within the writer's body during that time! 😲 Though this hopefully isn't an issue with you, you may be interested in reading it. Be sure to read the comments.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=18478
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-01)
This account is so disturbing. Maybe sleeping with the light on?
elt (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-31)
I want to help but don't know how I reely hope you find help., if you find help will you tel us a bout it?
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+6
8 years ago (2015-10-31)
Sounds like a ferret. It could be someone's pet that got into your home, and it is eating the dogs food and then seeking to cuddle at night. If it was raised from infancy by a human, it may be seeking out your company instinctively. They like to cuddle and bury themselves in blankets. The under part of the bed, the cloth layer covering the springs, would be an ideal sling for a ferret. Also, ferrets have whiskers and secret an oil from their glands, it could have gotten on your skin and irritated it, much like if you were allergic. That would explain the dogs smelling it too. Until it gets used to the household, it is going to hide and they are very good at skulking about, I spent many hours trying to catch my friends ferret when ferret "sitting" lol. Unless you have seen it disappear, vanish before your eyes, treat it like a lost pet and see if you can trap it by putting dog food in the trap cage. They love dog kibble. Google ferrets and see if looks like the animal you have seen. They come in many colors, from multi colored to brown and black. Check the local news papers in the lost column and see if anyone is looking for a lost ferret, you never know!

Now, as for the rest of the activity, sounds like your fathers passing did indeed start something. Your father may be trying to get your attention, possibly to let you know he is ok on the other side. Depending on your relationship with your father, before he left this world, you may want to test the waters and say out loud that if it is him making the noise, you hear him and appreciate him checking in on you, that you will be ok and hope he is too. Without knowing more about the light being, I can only assume it is part of the same activity you hear in your home. I have heard spirits being described as light beings by my brother in law, who can see, hear and sense spirits.
Agua (4 stories) (61 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
Dude!
Hope someone can come along with some help. That would drive me up the wall. Maybe it likes you or something.
Hypca (1 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
Hey I don't know what part of Texas you may be located I know a church that helped a friend of mine. He and his family were constantly tormented with child like spirits that would appear at random in their home. This church is used to dealing with spirits and other stuff and help a lot of people. Its the UCKG church, or IURD in spanish. Its up to you though, this may have very much started with your fathers death... There may be a chance things might get worse especially in these last days of the month, it being Halloween and all! Oh and they don't charge you by the way, it would be ridiculous if they did!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: