You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Am I Haunted? Please Help

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Haunted? Please Help

 

My name is Beth and I have a few experiences I'd like to share with you. I'm fourteen years old and live with my father, mother and my two younger siblings, Matt and Rea (Matt is nine and Rea's two). Now, these stories are told to me by dad, as I don't remember.

Our old house was half of an old police station in West Bromwich (I believe it's knocked down now, but I'm not sure.) We had two dining rooms, one of which was linked to our utility room. When I was four or five, before my other siblings were born, I had an imaginary friend who supposedly lived in the utility room connected to the back dining room. His name was Robert. I described him as tall and dark, with a funny voice (I'm assuming I meant accent, unless I was on about the pitch level or something like that). I used to play in there with him until my brother Matt was born. My dad would ask me "Beth, why don't you play with Robert anymore?" and I'd respond "Robert doesn't want to play." Or "Robert doesn't like the baby." Creepy, right?

Once Matt was six, we moved into my Dad's great uncle Ron's house, which had been left to dad in his will. (R.I.P Ronnie). The house is great, it really is. Its four storeys including the attic, down a road called chapel lane, with a Sunday school near enough opposite it. Well, an old Sunday school that no one uses anymore. Anyway we've lived here for three years now and we do love it. Apart from the fact that myself and my dad think it's haunted, but that doesn't bother us. My dad and I watch all these ghost hunters programmes and paranormal witness and that, we find it fascinating. My mother, on the other hand, absolutely hates it. She tells us off if she catches us watching them. Anyway, aside from our experiences we've had in this house, this one has happened only a week ago, so I am compelled to tell you.

My step-cousin Ashley (God rest her soul, love you Ash) had lung cancer and died a month ago, at the age of eighteen. She'd always tell me "Do what you like, have fun, go where you want to go; you're right if you believe in what you're doing. You know best." Last week Ashley's family, my step cousins Reece (20), Bradley (15) and Davie (14) and my Aunt and step uncle came over. I'm very close with all of them, but especially Brad, he's like a brother. Anyway, everyone was in the living room apart from me and Brad who were sat on my dog's bed in the dining room that leads into the kitchen. My dog was lying in front of us on the floor and she suddenly lifted her head up and her ears flattened. She was looking through the door way to the kitchen. Brad and I just watched her. She began wagging her tail but whimpering at the same time. Her tail movement became faster and stronger and then she barked which startled me and my step cousin. (My dog is a three year old chocolate Labrador called Poppy, and she never barks.)

Brad patted my dog and said "What's the matter Pops?" And she snapped out of her strange doings and became amused by Brad fussing her. We told the rest of the family what happened and my dad said "Might be a ghost, eh?" like, joking around with me. I laughed but my mother scowled and said "Don't be stupid." She gave my dad a look and he nodded solemnly and turned to me. "You're mum's right, that's silly."

Bradley and I went to my room and I put my out-of-battery phone into my iPod dock to charge it. After a few seconds my phone lit up and was half way through the song How to Save a Life by The Fray. It said the line "Let 'em know that you know best, 'cos after all you do know best." And then it went off again! I know I wasn't listening to this before, as the reason Brad and I went upstairs after was because we were listening to Drake and my phone died. We went up to charge it and to continue listening. Freaked out, I pulled the phone from the docking station and attached it to the charger underneath my bed.

When my aunt, step uncle and step cousins left I told my dad what had happened and he wanted to hear more but my mum burst in looking like she was going to explode. "I don't want to hear anymore of this childish nonsense Bethan Olivia! It's all bull----!" This surprised me, mum never swore at me before. I didn't lose my temper as I would have normally either. I just stared at her and said "whatever." And then I went upstairs.

That night while I was in bed, I had my ear phones in and was shuffling through my songs. That's when How to Save a Life came on again from that exact point from before! This time, the volume had been turned up all the way and it almost burst my frickin' ear drums! I pulled out the ear phones and glanced at the screen which had the number 9 on it before throwing it halfway across the room and bolting out to my little sisters room and sleeping on the floor in there. What does the number nine mean? It was just a blank screen with a black nine on it; sorry I didn't get a good look before I threw it.

In the morning I went back into my room to find my bed made. This was also weird as my family were in bed. I sat down on the floor and picked up my phone, which was somehow dead again. On my pillow were three long blonde gold hairs. I have dark brown hair, so does my mother and my siblings. My dad has short blonde hair.

What does this mean? Please help me.

~Beth.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, betholivia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AllieB (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-10)
its okay you don't have to worry. That's Ashley! She came to tell you that she loves you and she's looking out for you. As for your moms violent denial of spirits, she might of had a paranormal encounter when she was younger and it scared her so bad that she's using denial to forget it. You and your father constantly going on about ghosts and spirits is probably making her remember which is freaking her out. It's best to keep that talk to a minimum when she's around. You have every right to believe but just consider your mother's feelings.
Tresna (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-07)
Hey, there:)

Try not to worry too much- it doesn't sound like this spirit is threatening you. Just acknowledge that you've noticed them. Then tell them that they scared you and that you'd really rather they left you alone.
Angie-johnson_12 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-05)
I am pretty sure it was your step cousin because the song sounded like something she would ask you it sounds like she just wanted to ask you one last time before she was truly gone or something she might watch over you until your time is up
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
I agree that it was your step-cousin. Feel comforted knowing its her that visited you. Perhaps she might even watch over you.

Hauntings don't have to be negative for it to count as a haunting. There are spirits with good intentions. So don't worry about until you feel threatened.

Thanks for sharing ❤
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
I agree with LakotWinyan,

The last experience is something you shouldn't be afraid of. I think it was your step - cousin communicating with you. The way you describe your step - cousin, I take it that she had blond hair?

I think you let the incident freaky you out because of the way your mother reacted when you ran to your sister's room to sleep. I think your step - cousin was letting you know that she was alright.
Szaffi (37 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
Dear Marvis,

How do you know that? Are you anywhere near her?
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
Interesting experience. You seem to be noting and observing things, but you tend to be reacting quite strongly to things that may not necessarily be supernatural. Remain calm, stay observant, above all be passive - remove any of your own actions that may directly interfere with what might be coming through. Throwing your possessions about the room won't help. Discount all rationality first before you start thinking ghosts.
marvis (guest)
-2
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
when we die we don't cease to exist
.we go to a higher, happier realm.and also acquire psychic powers propotionate to the good deeds done on earth. The number 9 is not an evil number. Rather its considered a number with a religious significance. The beads in a rosary when added give the number nine. There are nine ways to God. So on and so forth.
I don't feel your are haunted.
As it wasn't a bad experience.
There is no death, just the soul changing clothes.
Don't worry
Wishes,
Marvis
Szaffi (37 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
I would say that the number 9 is a state before something is complete or the number of harvest.
But it could hapened that you have pressed the button by an accident.
Your phone died because you threw it against the wall. That is simple.
You said that you did not put that soundtrack onto your phone. Look at the playlist. Someone else migh have put the song on your phone.

Close these ones out before starting to be scared.
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
Beth,

I believe it was Ashley coming along with her immediate family for a visit!

Your dog's response was the first clue. A passed relative giving her attention. Dogs tend to react like that to a passed loved one/friendly spirit. The second clue is your cousin telling you to do what you feel is right, cause you know best, and then that song coming onto your iphone with lyrics similar to what she told you before she passed on.

No clue about the 9? Could be anything. Maybe in excitement and fright, you pushed the number 9?

Just a thought.

LW

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: