You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Bad Demon?

Real Ghost Stories

A Bad Demon?

 

A couple months ago I woke up in the middle of the night (which I rarely ever do) and automatically looked at the foot of my bed and there stood a very slender, lanky, inhuman looking black figure watching me.

I was absolutely terrified and felt like a deer in head lights as I could not take my attention from the figure that stood watching me. I think I was just in utter shock and disbelief. It was so surreal. It was crouched down ever so slightly and moved from side to side now and again, as if it didn't know whether to leave or continue watching me. And even though I couldn't see its face or its expression, I knew it was examining me over and I couldn't help but feel it wanted to maybe harm me.

The weird thing is I didn't have the urge to run away, or wake my boyfriend up. I simply hid under my covers, buried my face into my boyfriends arm, terrified, and fell back asleep. It wasn't a dream, the feelings I felt when I saw it were too real to be imaginary and everything was so vivid.

I've only ever told my cousin this and no one else until now because I didn't think anyone would understand or believe what happened. I'd like it very much if someone could enlighten me to what this could have been, why was it there and what did it want?

At first I thought that it could have been an alien encounter maybe? So far I've been told that its a bad demon. A demon that comes into your life when things aren't all that great and just follows you. I've only ever had that one encounter with it a while back and it really has freaked me out!

Thanks for taking your time to read my story, any help/information is MUCH appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SkullKid, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-10)
Lady-Glow,

Thanks for explaining.

I thought 505050 was another way of saying LOL. ๐Ÿ˜œ (I thought it was an American way of saying 'that's funny')

Best wishes,
Miandra

๐Ÿ˜˜ โค ๐Ÿ˜˜
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-10)
SWS - the site is programmed to not post comments with less than 50 characters, the 5050 is a way to ensure that a comment is long enough to be accepted.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-10)
Excuse my ignorance, but what does 5050505050 mean?

I've seen a few members use it. ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Miandra
๐Ÿ˜˜ โค ๐Ÿ˜˜
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-10)
Melda - I'm cracking up over here! 'New Rules' ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

50505050
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-06)
Plz_Help_Me - Thanks for highlighting some rules. We learn something new every day.

Regards, Melda
Plz_Help_Me (1 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-06)
As soon as you saw it, you probably should've gone straight underneath the covers. It's a rule. If you think or know that something is in your room, get underneath the covers. If you can't see it, it can't see you. Don't make a sound, it'll be easier for it to find you. Don't move, you don't want to attract attention to where you are. The most important rule is that you never ever, under any circumstances, use a flashlight. You will only make whatever is out there angry or angrier and it will be more prone to cause you harm. These are rules that everybody needs to know and remember at all times.

Sorry if this didn't help, but glad that you're okay!๐Ÿ˜Š
AdelePhytler (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-08)
I haven't read all the comments, so maybe someone has already suggested this, but perhaps it was a wendigo? A native spirit of starvation and famine who drives people to consume human flesh. I say this because of the tall thin appearance, and the fact that chrons disease could be looked at as a type of starvation, as your body isn't deriving the nutrients it needs. Its been a long time since your post, but that's my 2 cents, fwiw.
SpottedCat (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-27)
There are non human shadow entities. I saw one myself three nights ago, hovering over me as I prayed. And though I have only been seeing entities since March or April of this year (also spying on my prayers, it would seem) the recent one was the first shadowy entity. Mine was also black but in the form of an angel about 1/2 my size, so very different in that regard. I hope yours was as they say- just curious. Mine also filled me with dread, so I can certainly sympatize with that. Bless you and I hope your health improves.:)
shamaya (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-11)
My name is Salmaan I am 14 and my uncle studies paranormal activity. Well he taught me how to work out paranormal sightings. What you saw was not an alien but either a ghost or demon. I am a Muslim and you need to pray for protection. If it doesn't work and this happens frequently you have to talk to it. You must not ignore it. If it won't not reply try one more time is it still dosnt go back to sleep and leave it alone do not touch it or do anything. If you feel it is harming you move to another room before you go to bed again if it follows you around move out the house. If it still follows you consult a priest or a professional. If they give advice which can't work leave the demon or ghost and accept it into your life and do not communicate if it don't want to talk to you. If it hurts you do not fight back or swear at it or insult it as it will worsen the pain it may give you it could even make it want to kill you!
totallyfreaked (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
I made this account just to share with you my experience because after searching for a while yours is the closest description to what I saw. And I'm looking for answers on what it is.
So I've had a few dreams with this exact same type of figure you described, it was tall kind of lanky and slouched and it had almost like a elongated head and it had shifting white eyes like the outline of it was constantly wiggling. At first I would only see in a couple of my dreams, but after that it has attacked me a couple of times in the dream. The part that is different from almost everyone else's is that I'm in an actual dream where I'm at a bar and talking to my friend when it would come from under the table grab my head and tilt it back and suck my energy which felt like I was being electrocuted and its mouth is open and all I could see in it is red and the outline of its mouth would be shifting or wiggling just like the eyes. I was able to fend it off and I would wake up completely terrified. I've had those sleep paralysis and they never scared me because I knew it was a rem cycle thing, but this dream I had wasn't one of those because it was in a dream. This happened again but I remember I was in a dream until I saw and made eye contact with and the background started to change into a black oblivion and it would walk over to me slowly and I couldn't do anything because I'm paralyzed in fear and it would do the same electrocution energy sucking thing. I would barely fight it off and wake up again completely terrified. Since those two dreams it hasn't attacked but I would see it in some of my dreams and it would feel like it's trying to communicate to me but it isn't through talking or anything. So this thing completely scares me and I have no idea what it is and I've looked all over the internet and nothing else resembles what I've experienced. Maybe you seen the same thing I've seen?
raphdragon02 (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
seems to me that this entity was only observating you. It probably didn't mean any harm since it seemed to want to leave when it saw that you noticed it. Seems like a case of a shadow person, although you mentioned that it didn't look entirely human, which is strange since shadow people have a recognizably human silhouette. At least I have never heard of inhuman shadows. It only seemed to have happened once, right? So chances are it was just looking around or passing through. I don't think it was targeting you in particular, so I wouldn't be afraid of it happening again. But if it does, stay strong, keep an eye for details, and keep us posted so we can try help you figure this out:)
SkullKid (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
Thanks! All you guys have been really kind and helpful here and I really appreciate the fact that you's have taken your time to read my story over and submit your opinions and advice. I will definitely share any other paranormal encounters I have- if I ever have another.

Again, thank you!:)
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
spooky occurance!

I agree with the majority of posters on here in that it does sound like you had an encounter with a curious being, a seemingly harmless curious being. I would have been too scared to do anything too, and it does sound as though maybe it was having a little peek at what you were up to, and was unsure how to react when you woke up and stared straight at it! Try to chalk it up to experience and not let it play on your mind, as you must rest and concentrate on getting better. Please share any other experiences you may have, as we are all here to help and support you ๐Ÿ˜

Wishing you a speedy recovery hun
milenko_necromancer (11 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2012-12-10)
[at] Gary-
Actually demons aren't always bad, contrary to popular belief. I cannot tell you how many times I have had to explain this to people.
There are actually some demons that exist only to help people. I'm serious. If you don't believe me, google "helpful demons". There is a massive list of demons that are hardly threatening (once you get past the obvious shock that it is a demon) and exist to help people prosper.

Now that I've explained that, I can thank you for posting this story, Skullkid. Like you said, you have been researching the occult (something I do frequently and am glad that others do as well) and came across the idea that I believe: that this creature is a Shadow person. Though the cloak and/or wide-brimmed hat are often associated with a Shadow person, they do not always fit that description

Please tell us if you have any further encounters,
~Milenko_Necromancer
SkullKid (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-10)
There's a question mark there because i'm questioning whether or not it was a demon. Not if it is good or bad.
Gary25 (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-10)
I wouldn't expect a "?" after A Bad Demon because, last time I checked, a demon is always bad, no matter what the circumstances of its life, death, mood, etc.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-10)
Lou I am with you on this one:)

I read a few of bizzjoe comments and actually went back and checked all the 14 comments... Most of them seem like an attempt at humor/sarcasm...not really sure?!
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-12-10)
bizzjoe,
Couldn't resist what?...you comment made little to no sense, and if it was intended to be funny, it must be in reference to something only you know about...? Please share the joke with us so we can all get a laugh.

Lou
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-10)
it was probably just the postman...?
Sorry about that... Couldn't resist...
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-10)
It staring at you. You staring at it. It staring at you because it knows you're staring back at it! It freaks me out when they do that, but yes, I agree that its just a curious entity who might have been suprised you could see it.
SkullKid (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-09)
Not the Slenderman! D:
Haha, I've been looking at some stuff online and the only thing that fits my discription of the event and the characteristic of the being that I encountered that night is of the Shadow People. I've never heard of Shadow people until I started looking in to this sort of thing and some of the stuff I've read about them is scary similar to what I encountered. The only thing that didn't match up was the fact that most people said that they usually are cloaked, robed or wearimg a large brimmed hat. The figure I saw looked clotheless and genderless and not of human anatomically correct but only slightly similar.
I guess I'll never truly know what it was or what it wanted. And unless it returns I guess its nothing to worry about really.
polarage (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-09)
slender? Lanky? Inhuman dark being? I think you are describing the slenderman! Ok, in all seriousness, I think we can all speculate at what it was and what it wanted, but since you are the one in the house and experienced it, you know more than us. I don't know if you have had previous experiences with the paranormal, but I'm going to assume this was the first significant one. This would be a very disconcerting sight, especially how you describe its presence. So it is normal to think it had malicious intent, especially after you were told about the demon thing. My opinion is that it was not a demon, but a curious entity. Like most people are saying, if it was an isolated incident, don't look too much into it. Also some advice, we, as humans, tend to have fears for the unknown, a lot of them misguided. Try not to fear something unless it gives you a real reason to be fearful, for example, if the entity DID attack you. Hope this helped!
Cristine (41 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-08)
Understand that not everything that appears to you is a demonic entity even if it is dressed in a black cloak does not indicate evil, but it might be. I honestly would not be that concerned with the ghost. He likely was just passing through and saw you there and decided to look/stare.
I know there is a lot of supernatural activity in the United Kingdom because of the amount of history that teh United Kingdom unveils. I have spoken with quite a few females who claim to be be psychics or mediums or both. Some I think are actually practicing witches and don't even have a clue that's what it is that they are doing. Chalk it up as experiance with a ghost, but I wouldn't fret over it.
Rev-Holmes (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
my dearest C,
Don't jump to conclusions please:)
I'm not here to judge and condemn.
I have come to strengthen you all in your respective faiths.
Be strong in your own faith no matter how bad it maybe.
What is important is that you should believe. Religion is not important. Belief is.
And when I say I love you, I do love you.
Love does not judge. And I only know love. I don't know what hate is.
Peace brothers. ๐Ÿ˜
SkullKid (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
I think the house went under an exorcism at some point. A long, long time ago. Up the loft on the brick wall says, in white paint, 'CRUCIBLE' and the upstairs hallway wall, I remember seeing, when my mum had stripped the walls to redecorate, writing on the wall that was a priests signature and date signed on it. It could be fake because I don't know anything about the house but who knows.
bellarocks (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
Personally I think this may be a demon/devil. But it may be a spirit trying to feel wanted or known. If this thing does not harm you it could be a lonely spirit. Do some research on your house and see if some previous owners passed away in that house. Maybe if its a spirit it refuses to move into the light for a reason.
Cfinnegan (17 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
Rev-holmes-
Your words seem...hollow. Many people on this site don't appreciate such... Put plainly I think you're over doing it with the religious posts. Try and be constructive.
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
my dearest son skullkid,
Peace to you. I love you and care for you. Am much agrieved to know that you aren't in the best of health.
Place your hand in the hand of the lord. All will be well.

Get well soon
flyclarinet (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
I believe that, by the motions of side by side, that it knew you were scared and wasn't sure whether not to leave you alone, like a shy or nervous person. Unless it actually does harm you, don't worry too much about it.
SkullKid (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
I didn't instantly just fall back asleep. I was too scared to go out my room or speak out so I hid under my covers for quite a long while. I must have just eventually fell asleep from being so tired.
I should have explained that more in my story, sorry!

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: