You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Ghost Face Picture From Hammond, La

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Face Picture From Hammond, La

 

It was mid to late July of 2012. My best friend and I were working as production assistants for the movie Christmas Angel. All of which was filmed in Hammond, Louisiana. One of the sets was an abandoned two story building next to an inn. This building gave us the creeps right off of the bat.

On one of the final days shooting the actual film my buddy and I decided to look around the old house. We started with the 1st floor doing the usual; taking pictures and recording audio with our I-pods. Mind you we really have no experience with that kind of thing but have always been fascinated with the paranormal regardless. After a couple minutes we head up a staircase to the attic. Before either of us actually set foot in the attic, I snap some pictures looking into the attic. Afterward we walk in and take more pictures, record more audio, and head back to base camp to review what we had.

Ghost Face Picture From Hammond, La 1

Ghost Face Picture From Hammond, La 2

While looking through the pictures I found something interesting. At the bottom left of the picture was this dark spot. I showed it to my friend and when he saw it he shouted, "Dude, holy crap, that's a face!" I gave the picture a second glance and sure enough there it was, a ghost face, looking directly into the camera! I was standing almost at the top of the stairs to where I was partially in the attic looking over the attic floor (hopefully that made sense). So between me and the attic was a dead drop of at least 10 feet. The fact that it was at the bottom left of the photo suggests that it was either incredibly tall or floating.

I asked the owner of the land the house sat on and he told me that building used to be slave quarters. The ghost itself did appear African American. I would really love to get some more outside eyes on this to see what you guys think!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KennethWeeks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rachel9997 (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-01-27)
Hi KennethWeeks,

I see why people are thinking it's a finger in the photo, and I'm wondering if that's the object we're supposed to be looking at. I see a face in the second photo sort of between the wooden beams not all the way in the bottom left corner and agree with MrsRamsay. Definitely looks ghostly.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+1
2 years ago (2022-01-26)
Five years later, I respectfully disagree, dirt creature. I see the face of an African American boy and it looks ghostly to me. I think you got something... A curious ghost popping up to see what you were up to there!
DirtCreature (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
[at] Twilight. I've seen quite a few posted picture stories and I don't typically see anything in them either. Looks like a shot of their hand or finger which happens if you take pictures with a phone... Your hand might get in the shot by accident. From the stories I've seen on here, only two ghost photos have been convincing.:/
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (316 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Uummm... Is it just me, or does anyone else see anything paranormal in these picture's? I don't see anything other than an attic, and what looks like the person with you, holding their phone, in the bottom corner.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-01-14)
Note: some new photos provided by the author have been published.
CountingCoups (5 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-15)
I lived in Hammond for 9 years while attending SLU. What part of Hammond is this from? I've had experiences in a place just feet from the campus before.
spiritwhitewolf (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
Hi Kennethweeks, Wow I from Baton Rouge Louisiana but almost close to Hammond and didn't know about the place where your buddy and you there what a great story and hope to see the picture.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-26)
Hi KennethWeeks, welcome to YGS. Without the picture, it is not possible to comment further.

Secondly, as mamachong asked, what happened to the audio. Did you get anything from the audio.

Thirdly, I wanted to ask you, why did you go get the pictures of the attic and other places. Did you hear any paranormal stories about place that made to you and your friend to take the photos.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
I will fourth the below, it would be very interesting to see the image if you could upload it. Its certainly a very interesting experience.

Thanks for sharing 😊
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
You didn't mention anything regarding the audio. Did you happen to catch any sounds or voices, other than any sounds you made? Did you hear or see anything that you did not catch on picture or audio? It would be great if you could upload any sounds or pictures that are out of the normal. Also if you could give a little more details of the history on the building that would be good too.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
Without the picture, itself, it's a hard call to what you saw. Could you possibly post the picture for us to see?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
Interesting story but posting the picture would make it even better.
Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: