You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Expirence Didn't Help Me With This One

Real Ghost Stories

Expirence Didn't Help Me With This One

 

There have always been "ghosts" around my family. I even have one that follows me house to house and showers at 2 am. This has freaked more than one roommate out.

I had an interesting experience in my new home and this one even shook me. The 2nd night I slept in my new place, I had a dream. The dream was personal and it meant something to me. I was at a cross roads in my life and I didn't know what direction to go. I started to feel a pressure on my ankle and it woke me up. At the foot of my bed there was a dark shape of a man and he had a hold of my ankle. The more I looked at him the more detail I saw. He had a blue hue around him and his eyes were very intense and he held my gaze. I wasn't afraid. He didn't mean me any harm. He just said "this is the only way I can tell you what I know". He had brought me the dream to convey a message. I felt the pressure long after he left. I just laid there trying to grasp what he meant.

It was the only time I saw him. I hear men talking all through my house (no men live here). I hear people walking in the attic when I am home alone, and my faithful friend still showers at 2am. But the man who delivered a very important message that I missed the full meaning of until I wrote this down has not been back.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? If so what was it? I don't know that this was an actual ghost story per se but I have never experienced anything like it and am not sure what to call it. It was very real. My ankle was tender the next morning but not bruised so I know it was real.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spooney, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spooney (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-03)
I did follow another path and I am waiting to see the out come. Unfortunately I realized a bit late what the dream signified, but I hope not too late. We will see. I have not seen the dark shape man again so maybe that means I made the right choice.

I don't remember having ever experienced sleep paralysis before. I could move. I was not afraid, just shocked that he was in my room. I was wide awake when he spoke to me and after I had a hard time going back to sleep as anybody would. My ankle was tender also, so I don't know that that would classify as sleep paralysis.

As for my shower buddy, because I don't hear it and usually don't hear about it until later the next day I have either already showered or its been long enough its dried. The first time I remember it happening is when I was 7. My parent's had a funny look on their face when I said I hadn't been in
The shower. My mom even checked to see if my hair was wet. The next time I was asked, I was 15 in a new house and my stepbrother asked if I really had to shower at 2 in the morning. It's always 2 AM. I have been trying to find proof of this but so far no such luck. I just kind of accepted it at this point. It is what it is.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Hi spooney, from what I can gather, you had this personal dream. When you awoke, this entity told you that it had given you a solution to your problem, through your dream... Am I correct? Did you follow the right path? If so, this was a guardian spirit/angel. Most times, they only appear when there is a 'crises' of some kind.

Thank you for sharing.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Dear spooney, I wanted to ask you a question. You said that this particular entity follows you from house to house and showers at 2 a.m. Means you hear the sound of shower turned on in the bathroom right. Like Argette asked, have you investigated the bathroom like were there any signs of shower being really turned on or was it that you hear only the noise. As far as your dream and subsequent narrative is concerned, since you said that the skin was tender near your ankle even in the morning, it might be that you had a paranormal encounter. I feel the spirit wanted to convey some message to you.

But, my suggestion would be that you maintain a journal with date, time and perhaps it would help to throw more light about the entity as this has been going on for a long time, as per your own words.

Thanks for sharing and nice narration.

SDS
Argette (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Not sure how to put this, but I will try: Sometimes we have dreams in response to other dreams or real stimulus, like sounds or sensations or feelings. Sometimes dreams and reality blur. Throw in a sleep paralysis experience and you could have a really terrifying dream.

Does the shower actually run at 2 a.m.?
chelseylobo (4 stories) (26 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-26)
This is something that I once had an experience of but at the time I was considered to have been through a sleep paralysis, where everything seemed so real. During this phase the body is in an unconscious state which means you will be able to just visualise things and unable to respond or react. It could be that you must have undergone a sleep paralysis attack.
But as you say the dream meant something to you, the entity, would have something to do with it and wanted to convey through the dream, probably an old tenant.
But this isn't something you should be worried about.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: