You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: First And Last Ouija Board Experience

Real Ghost Stories

First And Last Ouija Board Experience

 

This is the first of only two experiences I have ever had, at least that I can recall, that made me think there is truth to the spirit world. More than just a "feeling", dream or thought.

I was 13 years old, living in a cute little 2 story townhome with my mom and 15-year-old sister. My sister's room was on the main floor, immediately to the left of the front door. It was after school one day and my sister and her friend had purchased a "Milton Bradley" Ouija board. I had never heard of such a thing, but it came in a game type box and was made by a company well known for their games so I figured, after hearing the girls say what it was about, that it was a weird sort of game but, being the typical younger sister and wanting to be involved in everything her and her friends did, I would partake.

We set up on the floor of my sister's bedroom, by the window. The shades were drawn but there was still lots of light through the blinds. The foot of her twin canopy bed was several feet away, with the headboard against the wall. If I can remember, I would say the room was about 9 or 10 feet long, and we were sitting close to the window on the opposite the headboard.

My sister had a flair for the dramatic and got all serious and lit candles. Her and her friend tried it out first and I remember thinking that they were the ones moving the little pointer, but they were acting all amazed and I was eager to try it out myself. I was really shocked when I felt the pointer moving, and looked at my sister's friend who also had her fingers resting on it to see if she was messing with me. Her fingers looked completely relaxed and she looked just as stunned as me.

I am a cynic and a critical thinker so I decided to ask questions that mattered. I can't remember what the girls had been asking it before. I started to ask about my Grandma, who had passed away in a nursing home 2 years prior and was my favorite. I asked if she was in Heaven and it told us otherwise. I said out loud that it was lying. At this time, the pointer flew off the board on the floor and across the room and landed on my sister's pillow.

The three of us screamed simultaneously and fled the room, slamming the door behind us. My sister questioned us about if we did that and we both agreed it was not us and we all started to cry and even went outside into the daylight, not wanting to go back inside the house. After a few minutes of discussing, we agreed to go back inside the house and use the phone to call my sister's friend's brother, who agreed to come pick up the board and take it away. We didn't go back inside until he came.

I believe the board was burned. Nothing weird happened after that, which I realize is pretty lucky.

Other hauntings by karenjunger

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, karenjunger, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-12)
i don't think that 'as adults most of us know better' comes into it

I do agree with you that companys/product makers make these things just to make money and they don't really care how products are used or that they can be dangerous because... The shops sell cigerettes and achohol and some shops even sell legal highs which are harmful to us but they still sell them, so to say the least I think they just sell them to make money not really caring about the outcome just the profit.
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-12)
Ouija nor spirit boards are anything to mess around with. Thankfully I didn't have any bad experiences after using what was back then called a Psychic Circle except a few bad dreams (not nightmares). I do not know why a toy company would make such a thing. I guess they didn't think people would really take it seriously, but something to make money nonetheless. I'm glad you learned from your experience just as many of us have. I realize when we're teenagers, we do things without thinking of the consequences. As adults, most of us know better whether we've tried something like that or not.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
instead of having the board burned, maybe you should have returned it to the store for a refund...
karenjunger (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
Thanks for all your comments. As I said, I was 13 years old and had never heard of a Ouija Board at the time. I am now 36 years old and have not had any paranormal encounters since, except for one, which was completely different altogether (see my other story). My sister passed away 8 years ago when she was 29 and I haven't seen that friend of hers since her memorial service. Things have been pretty normal since. Cheers!
Phantasminvestigators (1 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
Wow I am glad you folks are fine. But to all readers out there please don't mess with these types of things because they never end well. I just did a house cleansing and blessing last weekend because of what happened with the teenager of the house messing with a ouija board. Your friend in the paranormal Rob...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
imlovinit,

Perhaps I am a wee bit too tired but there is a thing called Google Search and if you type in...

Ouija Board Origins you 'just may' find the information you are looking for...

Rook

(Tired and Grumpy)
imlovinit (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
I have never used a ouji board nor do I want to, I was just wondering though why do spirits communicate through ouji boards. Is it all the human energy on the glass, is it the fear of the unpredicable. Does anybody know which country they originate from, the year they were released to the public and where the word "ouji board" derives from
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
Dear karenjunger, you are fortunate that nothing happened to you after you have handled Ouija Board. From your narrative I find that you have not properly closed the board. Anyway, as you said in your title first and last Ouija Board experience, let it be your last. I agree with Redwolf and I commented many times in this site that Ouija Board is not a toy and should not be sold in toy stores. It is a way to contact the other side and we do not know what is in store for us on the side. But did you ask your sister and her friend, whether anything weird happened to them subsequently or happening even to-date?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Celestial (10 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-03-10)
All right first off, NEVER, EVER BURN A OUIJA BOARD! TOY OR NOT 😠! Because you open that portal, and destroy it, you will NEVER be able to close it at all. You should gone back in the house, and said GOODBYE, which SHOULD have sealed the gate, in your case you did not 😢. And, just because nothing is happening NOW doesn't mean it won't happen LATER. So, I would watch out for strange things happening, like when animals start acting weirder than normal. You might just find yourself in DEEP DEEP TROUBLE. 😳
Hope for the best,
Celestial
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-10)
karenjunger
A Ouija Board is NOT a toy. I don't know why they even sell it in toy stores.
My mother had one but we used it in a different way. No questions were asked out loud. They were written on a piece of paper that I could not see. I was the only person with my fingers on the plagette and would answer the questions quite accurately.
Without going through the whole story which I should post. One day my mother was using it by herself. According to her it was saying obscene words and made her uncomfortable because it made references to the devil. I know she was probably drunk and just pushing the plagette by herself. She threw it away that day which is NOT the way to get rid of them.
Regards
Red

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: