You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: The Staring Women In The Living Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Staring Women In The Living Room

 

Last summer I had really gotten into ghost hunting so I bought an EMF meter and got it while staying over my grandmother's house. The next day at around 2 o'clock, my cousin and I went around my grandmother's house with the EMF meter. We shut all the lights off in the house and started trying to talk to whatever was there in the house with us. Nothing happened for about an hour so we stopped. At 11:30 at night my two cousins and my brother helped me with my little investigation. We turned off all the lights and started. We tried to communicate with knocks, objects, flashlights, light switches, and my EMF meter. Nothing happened so we stopped after 30 minutes.

We turned on all the lights again and my cousins went upstairs. (My cousins live on top of my grandmother's house on the 3rd floor; it is a 3 family building). I went around still trying to find something with my device, again nothing. I go to bed in the living room and try not to think about ghosts and stuff like that. I turn my head to the open space in the living room and I see a black image of a tall woman with curly hair, staring at me. I was freaked out so I put my head under the covers and just closed my eyes waiting for it to leave. I tried yelling out to my mom but I just couldn't make the words come out. I made a little gap between the pillow and the sheet to see if it was gone, it was. I jumped up and turned the lamp on then the living room light.

I told my cousins and my brother about this so they told my grandmother to see if there had been a women who died here and all she said was that the wife of the owner of the building had died in a hospital because of cancer. I said to myself that the women can't be her because the owner's wife was heavy but the woman in the living room was skinny.

The next morning I went up to my cousin's house to use my EMF meter, I was holding it in open space, no electronics nearby. The EMF meter started to beep and jumped up from zero to one. This had happened so fast that it jumped down to zero with enough time to see it move. I saw something flash by while the meter was going off. I turned to my cousin and asked him if he saw that and he said no. He told me to go into the room where I saw it go into. I went up to the opened door and stuck my EMF meter in the room, no beeps. I closed the door and whispered "Caught you" with a tone of happiness. This was the most supernatural thing to happen at my grandmother's house but still not the only...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hcp, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
I really don't think EMF meters are 'proof positive' on whether there are spirits are not. On every paranormal show I've seen they always stress the COULD be an indicator, followed up by high EMFs can cause hallucinations, a feeling of illness, etc in some people. Which to me says these 'pros', don't put heavy stock into it either.
But what IS interesting is you saw something "flash by", and the skinny woman. Some things to ponder about on the 'skinny woman'; Could there have been a source of light (even from outside like passing headlights) that could have cast a shadow that just looked like a skinny woman? Has anyone else seen something similiar?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
sds,

I'm sure no one would have taken offence at that... I just read what you had posted and had to smile at the use of the word 'inmates'. It just shows how different the understanding of the English language can be if its not an individuals native language.

I hope you are well and that I did not offend you by pointing this out to you.

Respectfully,

Rook
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
Sorry Rook about my usage. Didn't mean to offend any one. If any one is offended, I profusely apologize. I just meant the people staying in the house. Thanks Rook for correcting my flaw.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
sds,

Ah...mmmmm Not sure How to say this so I'll just say it...

Here in the US an 'inmate' is someone who is in jail.

Live in guests are called roommates. 😉

Respectfully,

Rook
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
Hi Hcp, you have to ask other inmates in the house if they have seen any such entity. As rockangel13 said you should check the history of the house. You can even ask the neighbours and if you had, please post it. As far as the EMF meter, I have very little belief on such electronic instruments and I think they are not the ones to pick whether a spirit or a ghost is present or not.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
Hcp,

I think it's up to you to decide whether to write or not. But I don't understand the "vote" concept of yours.
Either post your story or don't, like Miracles said.

Just telling.

Anyway, check the history of the house...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-13)
Hcp - because this is the mood I'm in, I'm going to vote "No."

Now, if you'd just left your story alone and let us read and comment, and then submitted another story, maybe my response would have been different. But we don't vote here whether or not someone submits another story.

If you have another story to submit, either submit it... Or don't.

And btw, I'm not in a bad mood. Just in the mood to tell it like it is.
Hcp (guest)
-2
11 years ago (2013-03-13)
Vote here to let me know if you want to hear more about my grandmother's house.
Hcp (guest)
-2
11 years ago (2013-03-13)
If you want to hear other spooky things that had happened at my grandmother's house let me know, and if enough people say that they want to hear the story about the glass doll, I will post it up.
Hcp (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-12)
Sorry for the few mistakes in the story like in one of the lines I wrote "women" instead of "woman".

Even though I said I saw one figure, there is a reason why it is called "The staring WOMEN in the living room" you'll just have to find out, but I don't know when I'll post that one.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: