You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: ...that Whisper In My Ear

Real Ghost Stories

...that Whisper In My Ear

 

I have already submitted a story about strange occurrences that have happened to me in my house. To start off I have noticed a pattern in many of my experiences linking both me and my grandmother. Like when her and I dreamed of my grandfather her husband who died holding a baby boy. The next day my aunt calls to tell us that she is pregnant. If that isn't weird I found out later that she was expecting a boy. I'm not saying that my grandma or I am psychic or anything but I think my grandpa was trying to communicate with us about the happy news.

This one experience is when I had to help bring boxes of random junk down to the basement with my grandmother. The light switch is on the out side of the door. So my grandmother went in first as I turned on the light. There are two switches for each light. My grandmother was holding the door open for me and I noticed the light on the left was not turning on. No matter how many times I flicked the switch it did not turn on. We went in anyway because the light on the right was still working. As I walked in I shut the door behind me. Then I got a cold chill and heard my name whispered in my ear. It sounded like a young female voice. I looked around to see if anybody was next to me but there wasn't anyone but my grandma who was about five feet in front of me. I asked her if she had just said my name and she said no. I told her what had happened and she said that it was funny.

I asked her why she said that and she told me that she was sleeping in her bedroom and heard her name being called in the living room which is right next to her bedroom. She went to see who it was and nobody was there and she said it sounded like her mother but younger. I have never met my great grandmother before because she had died before I was born (for the record this great grandmother is my mothers grandmother my fathers grandmother is the one I talked about in my previous story). Also we had to bring other boxes in the basement and both light worked. I just thought it was strange.

Anyway about a week later I was sitting in my living room when the light above me flickered and then went out completely. I didn't mind though because there are three other small lights in the room. I continued reading, watching T.V., etc. And slowly drifted off into sleep. I had a horrible dream I can't for the life of me remember almost any of it but I remember being terrified. I was also afraid of waking up because I had the feeling that something bad was going to happen. I woke up with a burning sensation on my right arm. I looked on my arm and sure enough there were two long scratches right there. (I don't like long nails so I cut them to the point where there is no white part of the nail left, so it could not have been my nails scratching myself. I do have a dog but he was outside out side all day and I was the only one home to let him in so it could not have been him).

I know the lights going off could just be an electrical problem but I think its weird that the lights go out at just the time before what I consider paranormal happens. Does anyone think that it is just a dream or does it mean something more? Comments are appreciated! Thank you!

Other hauntings by SpiritChild7234

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SpiritChild7234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

VanessaNixon_x3 (13 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-11-23)
How EXACTLY did the two scratches look? You can't be too specific? It could be a very symbolic thing
abanob (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-24)
Y this is paranormal but that is not your grand mother good luck
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
Spiritchild; you know what I find odd? Is that you had a terrifying dream of which you can't recall any details. Don't get me wrong I believe you, it's just usually those are the dreams one seems to recall the most.
You might try a house cleansing. Rook has one on his page that he shares, so I'll copy and paste it here for you.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

This should only effect negative/malevolent energies/spirits/entities and any Beneficial or Benevolent energies/spirits/entities should be 'left alone'.
Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
I agree with Shady. If the spirit has already scratched you (which it has), it isn't anything good. You need to cleanse your home of negative entities before it escalates that behavior.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
Hey there! I believe your place to be haunted. You might want to get it blessed before the spirit harms you in any other way. You should talk to your respective religious representative about this. Hope for the best, keep us updated. Thank you.
-Shady

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: