You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Our Duplex- Continuation

Real Ghost Stories

Our Duplex- Continuation

 

I recently submitted story about the occurrences in my home (thank you to those who commented, I apologize for my belated response!), unbelievably, I left out a piece of possible evidence. There has also been a new happening with my son; I'll start with the new and end with the old.

Three weeks ago my son came to me and told me about two shadows in the bathroom. They were laughing at him while he tried to pull his pants up. Honestly, I didn't really pay much attention to it at the time (I told him to remember he is safe no matter what, because Jesus has his back) until he told his grammy, my mom, the same exact thing a few days later while she babysat. My mom thought it was weird of him to say and so she told me. I asked him right then to tell me about the shadow guys in the bathroom again. Irritated because he'd already told me, he relayed the same story for a third time. I asked him then, were they nice, did they scare you? No, they were making fun of him because he was having trouble- and yes, they scared him.

I don't know what to do or think about this... I don't know why there are two, or why they would laugh at him. It makes me incredibly angry and a part of me wonders if whatever is happening is attached to me? I started to talk in full sentences by two and held full on conversations with an 'imaginary friend' named Bobby and had severe night-terrors. There is a little more to it, but that's the gist of it. I am happy to answer any questions.

THE EVIDENCE- I put a link here to my youtube account, please watch!

*If the link doesn't work try my user name- youtube.com/user/hydroplanerain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoLkBvuaWqI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I took this video myself on the night of my birthday (December 9, 2012) and saw absolutely NOTHING outside of my camera screen to cause this orb effect.

While recording in fact, the orb-ish thing really startled me, I jumped and quickly looked around for the bug that would have been bomb-rushing me, or dust...anything...but, nothing.

Opinions?

Other hauntings by MandyyNicole

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MandyyNicole, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-13)
Hey rook! Thank you for your input, I am not sure why I just now saw it. I still need to do your cleansing in it's entirety, I just get sidetracked by life. You know how it is!:)

I'm coming back here with another update/journal entry. On February 24th from 3am to 830am my car keys disappeared. I ALWAYS leave them on the kitchen counter. It was especially irritating because I had to drive my husband to the vanpool at 350am, we tore the house apart from top to bottom... Obviously we didn't find them in time (and luckily he was able to be picked up).
So, I go back to sleep once he leaves and resume my search at 8am when I wake to get my son ready for school (I drive him and I REALLY need the keys this time). Again I rip apart the house. Nothing. I even tell my son i'll give him 5 bucks if he can find them! We both look everywhere and come up empty handed. My littlest awoke in the middle of my third search since 8am (small house, lol), I went to get him out of his crib and by that time I was so frustrated I said to the empty room, "If it was you, give them back now. If it wasn't please help!". The baby and I return to the living room, I set him down and turn around and BOOM, right where I had JUST stepped on the floor (middle of the room, to be exact), are my freaking car keys. There is no possible way I didn't notice them. There is no possible way my oldest kid placed them there... I just have no idea wtf happened, lol. So I said thank you and carried on my day.

The only thing I can think of that triggered this (if my houseguest did take them as opposed to helping me find them) would be that we had recently acquired the dog again (the dog that was mentioned when something bumped the couch). So...there's that! I'll keep updating as things go on.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
Mandy,

No problem, we are here to have open discussions about individuals experiences and offer advice based on our own beliefs and experiences. I have learned quite a bit sense joining this site and enjoy the open chats and 'heated' debates that happen from time to time. Not to mention the Troll Patrol and the Miss Demeanor 😲.

If you take a moment and check my profile I have posted a Cleansing and Shielding Method that I use for my home. Other members have tried it as well and some have even posted about that.

Keep in mind there are no experts when it comes to the paranormal... There are many commonly shared theories but gathering enough proof to prove them has proven difficult (say that 3 times fast).

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
I also have some "desert sage" that a friend gave me the other day, so I think I will do a smudging tonight. At least it should clear up any built up negative energy. It's kind of been a rough week or two.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
Thanks Rook! I will definitely start doing that. I never thought i'd be the one to need a journal, lol. Argh 😐
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
Mandy,

Think of the comments as the start of a Journal. By keeping one of those you can go back later and examine the experience (s) in detail and either debunk them or actually be able to place them in the paranormal realm.

It may also help you to determine if something has followed you... Or is maybe attached to something you own.

Please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
Hi Rook, thanks for the response.
No, I wish they did remind me of someone, but I can't say they do... My uncle and my grandma have both passed away but I know they wouldn't ever bother my son, especially knowing that it bothers ME. Sometimes I wonder if it's been attached to me for a while.
I actually hadn't noticed they had a midnight-ish pattern until you pointed it out... Maybe it's because by that time i'm the only one awake? Hm.
I try to leave the blinds open for natural light but lately it's been freezing so they stay closed a lot of the time to conserve heat (they're crappy windows). I will definitely look into the lights, thanks for that!
I figure i'll keep updating in my comments and use it as a collection I can look back on etc. 😳
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-07)
Mandy,

Does the midnight hour or the kick to the back of the couch 'startle tactic' (purhaps both) or the items knocked off the bathroom shelf remind you of a passed family member or loved one?

I ask because you have now shared two experiences that start at or about midnight and end by 01:00. A journal would be a good thing to start me thinks, because it can help you debunk some of these experiences and validate others.

Natural Light can really help but if you can not leave the curtians open during the summer because it gets to hot you may wish to try some full spectrum light bulbs in your home... You may find they help. My wife and I use them because of the way they brighten a room, without having to open any drapes.

Respectfully,

Rook
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-06)
UPDATE: Last night 'someone' tried to get my attention. At around 12:15 am I was the only one awake and sitting in my living room when something toppled into my bathtub with a loud bang. I assumed it was just an unbalanced item and ignored it, until it happened twice more within a 5 minute period. Like someone purposefully knocking things off the shelf one at a time. There were no train vibrations at the time as there was no train passing (it shakes the house slightly and I can hear it). Also, the things that fell were not in a precarious position as I placed them on the shelf myself. So I went to look, asked it to quit, and went to bed. I wouldn't have thought much of it, but this morning my son (now 6) informed me that the "ghost" was here again because last night he woke up to something talking in my closet (he was sleeping in our room last night and my youngest, 9months, was sleeping with me on the bed). He couldn't make out what it said, but it specifically came from the closet and apparently, I heard it too he said, because I pulled my baby close and held him tight while this happened. I don't recall though.
My son has no reason to lie and I had not even mentioned what happened in the bathroom to anyone at that point as I had just woken up when he told me.
I'm angry it's bothered my child again.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-25)
Thanks for the thoughts, everyone!
Valkricry, no, I haven't ruled out emf or carbon monoxide (however I probably should invest in a co detector because it's good to have one). I/we don't show any symptoms of the usual...issues...associated with that. I suffer from migraines, but not due to black mold (we have ruled that out). They just come on sporadically and sometimes last a week... No dr explanation either, sadly. It just happens to me. Nobody else complains, or is repeatedly ill or anything of the like. I don't think my migraines are paranormal though:D
The blinds are closed a lot, yeah. Especially lately because of the summer heat, our house gets really hot.

Elenoraemily, thanks! I take no offense and I certainly donxt find you uppity or demeaning, in any way! It could very well have been a bug, all though i'm not sure where it would have come from in the dead of winter. Maybe a gross little stowaway from somewhere. I definitely can't rule out that possibility though. I do need to do another cleansing though, just to settle the energy in my house.

And since i'm here, last night I had a possible "experience"...? I tried to debunk it but I couldn't figure it out. Maybe someone has a suggestion? Or a thought?

So there I was, 12:30am, sitting on my couch. Everyone was fast asleep, I was looking at my phone, and then something "kicked" my couch. At least that's what it felt like. I thought it was the dog on the other side of the arm rest, just out of sight. I thought he was rolling around trying to get comfy on his back like dogs do (with their legs in the air, lol) and that's what I had felt. It was a very noticeable bump. Just one. Just like a kick. It startled me, but as I said, I assumed it was the dog so I never checked. But, about 5 minutes later, I heard him whining from inside my bedroom because he'd been shut in there the entire time. It's strange too, because my automatic thought response was "that is not the dog", I just brushed it off until that heart stopping moment of panic when I heard him elsewhere. I literally thought someone had snuck into my house and was out of my view, waiting to get me! Haha...i'll chock that up to night time paranoia.
I ruled out another person, everyone was asleep (no fake sleepers either). I ruled out a train (the train has a tendency to rattle our house when it passes through), because there was no train during the time I felt it. I did listen for one as soon as it happened, due to my first initial thought of it NOT being the dog. Ruled out an earthquake...i'm just honestly not sure what to make of it. It really weirded me out.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
I am late to the party.

I have a lot of audio and video experience- I am engaged to a photographer and I co-own studio, as well. However, with the movement and size, I should have to say that is just a little bug. They move too fast for the camera to pick up the shape, so they appear to be little zippy circles. That is why they have such deliberate looking movements- the movements are that of a flying insect. One that size could be as little as a fruit fly and show up as a pretty, bright orb.

Just because you didn't immediately see a bug, does not mean there was not a little gnat flying about. They are sometimes too small and fast for our eyes to catch until it is too late and they have already flow away (or landed on or around you).

You can test this by finding a bug flying about and focusing on something else in the frame. What you get are tiny orbs that freely move about. We catch them all the time when shooting outside or near the river (dragonflies look really freaky).
Sorry if this sounds uppity or demeaning, I am just trying to offer an explanation based on my personal knowledge and experience.

As for the other happenings, I have no explanations for those, but I hope that your son is doing well- happy and healthy.
Cleansing would give you and him peace of mind, if that falls into your personal beliefs.
Best wishes to you and your child.

TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
No, it was actually a good time in my life. No stress, no illnesses. However, I had recently moved into my brothers room... He always refused to sleep there, but never told us why. He had severe ear infections his whole life, which has left him partially deaf.
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-04)
Talon, I'm told orange/amber are suppose to be healing orbs. Were you under any duress at the time?
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-04)
Valkricry, I once saw orange/amber colored orbs. Not in a picture, but by my bed one night. There was 3, and they were the size of softballs all lined up in a row. One would float near my face, back up, and then excitedly circle the other two. Then the second one did the same thing, and then the third. They did this about 3 times, and then I just closed my eyes and went back to sleep. The only vibes I got from this experience was curiosity. Both my own and theirs. So do you know what orange/amber colored orbs mean?
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-04)
Mandy,
I need to ask this, have you ruled out things like a carbon dioxide leak or really high EMF in your home? Or even a high amount of mold? (That can lurk behind walls.)
They can make people irritable and even sick. What about your son? Does he also exhibit 'symptoms' or after being there awhile do others complain of headaches or the like? I'd like you to rule out these possibilities. Not only for the obvious health reasons, but in weakening you physically, it makes those creatures stronger. Think of it as easier to bully you. They feed off of negativity.
Another thought I had is do you leave all the drapes closed when you go out? Heavy drapes or heavy curtains drawn closed? Might try living them open to allow sunlight in while your gone.
Let us know how things go, especially with Rook's cleansing.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-03)
Thank you for the advice! I will absolutely be trying the iron as well as another cleansing... Last time Rook said to keep the atmosphere in the house as light/positive as possible, and I'm really trying to but it's been proven difficult. Both my fiance and I feel a heavier/unhappy vibe as soon as we walk in the door... We love eachother very much and try not to fight, but it seems like anytime we come home an argument ensues out of nowhere, even if we were happy just a second before. It's only very recently that we have both admitted to this negative vibe upon entering the house, and I know we are only making it worse with every stupid, pointless fight over nothing. I am excited to try your suggestion of cold iron, along with the PROPER cleansing ingrediants this time. I hope it will at least rid the house of any negative energy that we have contributed. I will certainly let you know how it goes; and again, thanks so much for the advice:)
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-02)
Well, Mandy, Rook's cleansing method is tried and true. Several posters have written up about how it worked for them, so I wouldn't play around with the ingrediants.
You might try putting something made of iron in the bathroom. My mom had a small frying pan in ours... Just about big enough to fry one egg in. Horse-shoe, small iron decore thing,doesn't matter as long as it's iron. For some reason it seems most let's say not nice things, don't like iron.
Let us know how the cleansing works for you!
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-02)
Thanks for commenting; it WAS very bright. And startling... It does make me happy to know that white orbs are a circle of protection. I had no idea that they came in different colors!
I have tried Rook's cleansing, but I think I will do it again. And more thoroughly, and with actual sage. The last time I tried I only had "cleansing incense". I don't think it matters, but still, I'd feel like it was more effective using the real stuff.
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
Wow, that is one bright white orb. I mean BRIGHT, as if with a penlight or something. If it makes you feel any better, white orbs are believed to be a Circle of Protection. Orbs come in many colors.
I don't think that the shadows are attatched to you. You could try a home cleansing to shoo them out. Rookdygin has one on his profile page that many swear by.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
Here's the link again, I hope it works. I'm kind of technology-challenged, LOL!

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoLkBvuaWqI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: