You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Duplex Lady 3

Real Ghost Stories

Duplex Lady 3

 

My dog, Sarge never liked the kitchen. He would leave his back feet planted in the living room and stretch in there, and then he would get scared and run under my mom's bed. He went under there a lot. He would also follow things with his eyes slowly across the room. Sometimes I would hold him while mom and I were watching a movie and he would perk his ears up and look at the wall behind us and follow something with his eyes. (The wall behind the couch was the wall that separated mom's room and the living room. When we would leave him home, I would be closing the front door and Sarge would stare at the stairs, he looked scared. Sometimes when I noticed Sarge freaking out when we were about to leave, I would say "Don't pick on him, leave him alone." hoping she would hear me and not pick on my dog.

I called my Grandma, and told her about all of the activity. The next time she came to my town, she brought some of her awesome ghost equipment with her, the kind you see on television shows. I had always hated going to my mom's room, there was a presence in there that didn't want me in that room. When I had to go in there, it was very hard, like I had to walk through a brick wall or something. Sometimes when I had to go in there, I would talk to her, and say "It's okay, ill be out of your room in a minute, I just had to get something." Sometimes the bad feeling would go away. But my mom's room had this heaviness and sadness to it. I knew that was the woman's room.

My grandma got out her EMT meter, which is an electromagnetic meter. It picks up magnetic fields. First, we went around the room, confirming where the meter's needle moved in certain places like the light switches, outlets and stuff like that. I had a feeling that she was in a certain corner by the closet, that's where she hung out. So we did a couple of sweeps in the room, making sure we didn't measure an outlet and think I was a ghost or something. We did a sweep and the meter screamed in the corner where I had seen her. We did another sweep and she had moved into another corner. So she was definitely in that room. My grandma sat on mom's bed, and I sat in a corner on the floor. We prayed for her and told her it was okay to go into the light. After the prayer, the heaviness in the room went away, the sadness vanished. I could feel she was happy.

After that incident, she didn't mess with me... Not as much, and when I felt her, she was happy. I think she was just visiting. When I go to that house now, I can sometimes feel her. And instead of me getting messed with, it's my mom. But she's just messing with her, not in a mean way. In a way I like her, I sort of miss her company. She was my company a lot when I was alone and I didn't mind her. I just hope maybe she visits me sometime. She was just a sad soul, needing some help.

I hope she is happy.

Other hauntings by honey91

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, honey91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
Thank you, Pauline.

Things have been very slow. Since I moved, nothing really has happened. This house has no presence in it, it's kind of nice, yet a bit boring.
Pauline329 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-02)
What a lovely ending to a fascinating story! Honey - you are truly blessed with your gift. Your story about Richard was also really interesting.
I look forward to more of your stories!:o)
Take care,
Pauline x
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
Thank you. I loved the feeling of her happiness, I love making people happy. When I go to moms now, I can still feel her happiness. It makes me feel good inside 😁
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
Hello Honey91, I do believe you have some real potential in becoming a medium yourself, these souls are often lost and there energy is often confused and mistaken. Good to see you can subside your own fear, with the help of your grandma, care enough to help this soul move on. Well done honey your tops in my books.
God bless
Aussiedaz
MidnightRose (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
I have heard of people helping spirits before and I am glad that you could help her. I have a feeling from what you wrote that you did make her happy. That even though you and your grandmother told her it was ok to go to the light that was all she needed... Was to have someone care enough to do that for her. So, yes I think she is happy... And from what you wrote, I think she now enjoys your company 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: