You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Unseen

Real Ghost Stories

The Unseen

 

When my fiance and I first moved into the house we're living in now, I decided to center myself and meditate. I have a three year old son and it's very hard to get peace and quiet when he's awake so I waited until the house was asleep and started to meditate on the floor next to my bed, leaning against the wall. I had the main bedroom light off and a small lamp turned on.

I let my mind clear and, while I was sitting there with my eyes closed, I saw something go in front of me. Like when someone waves a hand in front of your face while your eyes are closed, you can see that slight shadow through your eyelids.

I opened my eyes and obviously nothing was there so I continued. When it happened again, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me so I didn't think much of it, especially since our house is a newer duplex; there's not any history of deaths, but the previous few tenants, I think, left behind some bad vibes (I'll explain at the end).

Anyway, I started to feel a little uneasy after it happened a third time so, you know, I said a prayer and went on with it. After a few minutes of continuing to concentrate on nothing, I am absolutely 100% positive somebody sat down next to me, almost touching me (that feeling when someone is BARELY touching you and it's just that kind of, electric energy).

It startled me to the point where I jumped and my eyes flew open. But, again, nobody was there even though I FELT them sit down. In that split second before my eyes opened, I thought it was my son or fiance and I just didn't hear them get up in my meditation. But nope. Nobody was there.

I'm not sure what happened or why; or if meditation can attract something since you're opening your mind? It seriously creeped me out to the point where my heart was pounding and I was a little shaky, when someone sits next you, you expect to be able to see them! I even got up to double check that my son was asleep. He was.

About the previous tenants: I found out from a guy at my work, who used to know the previous renters, that they really liked to drink and party; the guy wasn't nice to his girlfriend, drank a LOT of Jack Daniels (clearly, not a nice drunk), we found a (small) blood splatter on the closet door/wall in my sons room, there looks to be like, someone's bloody spit on the wall/ceiling outside... The previous NEIGHBORS weren't that great either. We learned from the landlord they were about to have to physically remove them from the property, when they came to do it the people had gone and stolen the stack-able washer and dryer! They also had to do a lot of fixing up in our unit, you can see where there have been filled in holes in the walls.

I also want to state, I have NOT had any other experiences in this house besides when we are all in the garage, it sounds like someone is walking around upstairs, but... I don't know if that's paranormal, I think it might just be the house...it's fooled us into thinking our son is awake and getting into things in the kitchen though.

I was wondering if anyone could answer the questions I have: Was that experience just my mind or something else? Do you think there could be left over negative energy, without a spirit? Is there a way to do a cleansing of my home to bring in a positive vibe, even if it's not "haunted"? I feel like this place needs it, it's seen a lot of unhappiness.

Other hauntings by MandyyNicole

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MandyyNicole, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
MandyNicole, don't worry I went through the same thing when I started to meditate. I opened my eyes when I was done, completely relaxed, and BAM! There was Mr Spirit standing there staring at me. I got the impression from him that he's thinking "What the f*#k is she doing?"

Never meditated since!
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-16)
Oh no problem, TruthInDarkness, 😊 I've always found the Amityville story interesting whether it be real or fake.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
MandyyNicole - I apologize for "hijacking" the comments under your story. As I previously indicated, I believe that meditation can open your mind to the spirit realm. Thus, if spirits are present in your house, meditation could very well make you aware of them. If you want to get rid of them, follow Rook's advice. If you want to find out more about them, try asking "yes or no" questions and asking them to knock the answers. You can also try using a digital recorder to record EVP's. Do NOT use a Ouija board or try automatic writing. They will likely only add to your problems.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
That link I provided has a lot of real facts. These people have done tons of research, interviewed various people, etc. Christopher Lutz even made some comments on the site --and he had a major falling out with his step-father (George).

The bottom line is that, after reading all of that stuff, *I* think that George truly believed that what he experienced was real. In that sense, it was not a hoax. You really need to read my posts in that forum to truly understand my perspective on the issue.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
Indigo - Perhaps reading the various sections (The House, The Murders, The Haunting, etc) here http://www.amityvillefaq.com/ will give you a better understanding of things. That, along with reading my comments in my previous link.
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
Yeah, the LUtz's confessed that they created the story because they had money troubles. The original story of the man shooting his family really happend, but the house is not haunted. The current occupants of the house have been consistant in saying "No hauntings here".
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
Indigo (263 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
Ok...George and Kathy lutz, if I'm not mistaken, openly admitted that they hoaxed the whole thing, and Daniel DeFeo admitted to being strung out on drugs and his pact with his sister to kill the family. I have no idea why the amityville house is even brought up at this point in time. I'm in no way trying to start issues here, but I've been by that house... Absolutely NOTHING except a HOUSE... Can anyone please explain why this home is still an issue?
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
George Lutz, of Amityville fame, practiced transcendental meditation. It is my belief that this practice, along with possible PTSD, dabbling in the occult, and possible drug use, caused George to experience things that made him truly feel that the house was haunted. George's stepson, Christopher, has openly told the media that the alleged events were greatly exagerated.

Now, I'm not implying that you exagerated. I mainly brought up George Lutz because he practiced transcendental meditation. I believe this can open your mind to the spirit realm. Thus, doing this in a house occupied by a spirit or spirits made you more aware of their presence.

Why don't I believe the Lutz story? There are several reasons. I discuss them at length here: (http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8020&p=116543#p116543).
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
You'll find that a 'ritual cleansing' is about as useful as a bicycle for a fish.
What you have, is the kind of distractions one can get in a house/dwelling that comes about from any kind of meditation.
Anyone can meditate in quiet sessions. What the true adepts for meditation acquire is the ability to meditate even in the most raucous of environments. This is just one instance in which you need to put out of your mind in achieving that inner peace.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
MandyyNicole,

You have asked a couple of questions here and have received some good answers... To address your question about 'Vinnie'...Yes if you invited 'him' it may be that he has visited your new home. The invitation is what is the key to this...

You also asked:

Do you think there could be left over negative energy, without a spirit?

Yes it's very possible that residual negative energy may remain in your home. The stronger the emotions the better chance they have of 'imprinting' on a space, whether they are positive or negative.

Is there a way to do a cleansing of my home to bring in a positive vibe, even if it's not "haunted"?

I suggest the following, I use this one to great effect...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

I hope that answers some of your questions, please feel free to ask more if you have them. Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
MandyyNicole.
Just a suggestion, but it sure does seem that the ghosties are suckers for electricity doesn't it?
I mean it, I'm always reading how they mess with lights, batteries, radios and TVs. It just makes sense that they'd mess with your fan. Why not?

Jav
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Ahh, Javelina, A MOTH! I never even thought of that...
I don't think it was though, honestly, it was the middle of winter and there had been no open windows (and, so far, I haven't found any dead moths/bugs around). But it's definitely a possibility!
And Therissa, thank you for your input, I will think happy thoughts all around my house (just not a fan of incense, I think I'm allergic!)

I also forgot to put a piece into this story that I remembered after I sent it in. It's not very big or important, just a thing that also happened. One night, I was up a little past midnight (I usually am since it's my "me" time) and I heard something loud. At first I couldn't figure out what it was so I walked down the hall trying to pinpoint the noise and stopped in front of the bathroom when I realized it was the bathroom fan-I hadn't been in the bathroom for a couple hours and everyone was asleep. I said "Oh, come ON, stop it." (just in case it was a ghost lol) and when I stepped forward to shut it off, it turned off on it's own. It hasn't happened again and we've had no electrical problems, or any other problems with the fan, it works perfectly. This happened probably near a month and a half ago.

I kind of wonder, if anything, an old spirit may have come by to say hello? I lived in an apartment a while back with a ghost named "Vinnie" who I really actually enjoyed having around and when we moved, I told him to come visit us any time 😆 I'd like to think maybe he was paying me a visit? Can they even do that?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
MandyyNicole,
You stated that "I had the main bedroom light off and a small lamp turned on."
I hate to be the one to simplify this but it could have been a moth buzzing around the small lamp. It makes sense considering it was something going in and out of the light to give the impression like a waving hand.
I could be wrong, but since you really haven't had any other activity, I'd rather go with what can easily the be cause.

Jav
Therissa (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
I can't guarantee this 100% because it's just something I heard from my grandparent's t neighbour. She was an elderly woman who was a kind of a healer. She didn't do anything grand, just blessed and cleansed people who were really scared or upset by something or had had an accident.

I hung around her place a lot and sometimes she spoke about spiritual stuff. I didn't really listen to her because I wasn't all that interested back then but your story reminded me of a thing I heard from her. She said that when there's a lot of bad emotions, violence, sadness etc. Around a person or a place, the energy radiated might concentrate and become a sort of a ghost, but it's not really a ghost just a gathering of energy. But again there has to be a LOT of it for a long period of time, in the same place. If it continues to gather it can form a phantom that has a distinct heavy presence and if it grows further, eventually be able to slightly influence people's emotions. (For example if you stay for a while with it in the room you might begin to feel disturbed or sad or if you are upset, your feelings might multiply because that's what the thing is seeking and feeding on. But that's again in very late stages.)

I'm not sure that's your case but it seems likely having in mind the history of your place. Maybe you can try observing the corners, especially where two walls and the ceiling meet, it might look like a darker unnatural blob in the shadow, but it's really hard to see and easy to mistaken with an actuall shadow usually. She also said that happy thoughts, incense and pretty much all things positive melt it away with time, and likewise negative emotions might feed it.

Again I haven't researched anything on the topic myself so I might be completely wrong. Still I hope my information was of some help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: