You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Physical Duality?

Real Ghost Stories

Physical Duality?

 

Several years ago, when my wife and I lived in an outer suburb of Sydney following a pretty normal mid-week day of activity, work, home, dinner, TV, etc. It was in the early hours of the proceeding morning, that I'd experienced an account, that was unique on its own in comparison to other accounts I'd experienced, nor ever read or heard of anywhere else for a matter of speaking.

I was turned on my left shoulder, left side of the bed, with my eyes facing the wall, when I then decided to roll around to lay on my right-side shoulder facing my wife, who was on the other side of the bed, face down, laying on her stomach. As I started to roll over to my wife's side, I suddenly turned to see her floating out of her body, perhaps by inches, and not much more than one foot, to the best of my recollection. My wife, in "duality"... Was turned on her side, facing me, perhaps separated by around the same distance as her other self lying face and stomach down on our bed.

So basically, both of us eyeballed each other, albeit my wife was a little higher off the bed, staring into my eyes with a focus and look that had some real intent. I can't put my finger on exactly what she may have been thinking (or doing) and still can't say for sure. However, sometime later on the following day, I did put forward an explanation that perhaps now makes sense to both my wife and me after a recent conversation.

I have had some interesting accounts throughout my life; however, I must admit, this one did startle me to some degree with a fleeting thought she may have been in trouble or experiencing an NDE?... The one observation for the memory bank was the thickness of my wife's hair. It was as thick as it was in her youth, with her facial features younger than she is now, perhaps around 35 to 40. Although not fully physical in her appearance, it was translucent enough to see the color of her skin hair eyes, etc, more semi-physical if you can imagine what I was seeing. I can't remember if I noticed her lower attire, it was dark with some moonlight protruding through the curtains.

The other observation was the position of my wife's actual body she was lying face down on the bed. My wife had a long-time habit from childhood, preferring to sleep on her stomach with her face down.

With the wisdom of hindsight, I wish I could have reacted quickly enough actually to attempt to talk to my wife, or at the very least, hold my position for as long as I was able to however, I'd rolled over on my back reasonably quick enough, reached over with my right hand and gave her a few light taps on her back and said: " What are you doing?" (sub-tone for) "hey, get back in your body!" It would have been ideal to further validate the experience if possible, rather than rule it out as my imagination from a skeptical point of view, and that's as much detail as I can offer, about what I'd experienced. Was it my imagination? Or did I witness my wife's light body, ghost, higher self, soul, or eternal spirit? Only if my wife from here had some recollection, was I going to be satisfied it was a real paranormal account.

So after the few light taps on her back, my wife didn't wake up completely, or if it was at all from memory? However, I did feel satisfied she was ok, although she may have turned on her side, I can't quite remember all the detail at this stage of my account.

Moving forward a few hours. My wife got up for a bathroom visit when she came back to bed, I was more than eager to see what she'd remembered, as surely this would be the holy grail of an Out of Body experience if we both could validate what had just happened. Unfortunately, my wife did not remember it the way I did; however, you may find this interesting, as to what she remembered. I started the conversation by asking: Did anything strange happen last night? My wife: yes, I felt myself floating off the bed and then heard a muffled voice say (something) I have forgotten what she said although it was not the same words as mine that I have remembered, I guess from a deep sleeping state, it may make sense not to remember my exact words.

I'm also not surprised she can't remember looking at me in an OBE state of mind, as I have pretty much concluded, we exist outside our bodies (in duality) and use the flesh as an avatar here in this reality containing its sub-conscious (ego, personality, etc)... However, the fact she remembered the sensation of floating and hearing a voice around the same time led to me believing, it was associated with my account. Just recently, I asked my wife if she sleeps face down on our bed because I haven't noticed it for years and the answer was no, not ever again after this particular account happened which I find interesting, when usually old habits are hard to quit without some serious concentration!

Any thoughts or feelings are welcome.

Other hauntings by aussiedaz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aussiedaz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-12-13)
Hello T_L_V.

Wow, you must be looking forward to Christmas this year old mate, three years is a long time. I feel with both are on the same page when it comes to consciousness and how it interacts with the physical. If you haven't researched Donald Hoffman, you'll find him quite interesting on the topic, the man is a genius.

The link I provided in my last post probably doesn't hit the point as well as the one below. Stafford Betty on Thinking allowed with Jeffery Mishlove. It runs for 5 minutes and hit's the nail on the head... There is an extended link of 27 minutes.

May you and your family have a wonderful xmas and ne year, take care mate.

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_-CRXs6QmE&ab_channel=NewThinkingAllowedwithJeffreyMishlove
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (243 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-12-13)
Hello aussiedaz, you present some really interesting information and though I know we could really dive down a rabbit hole on this one, I did want to share a few thoughts on what you said, food for thought, as many times for me to put it down in writing helps me articulate the information coming through!

I do agree and feel that consciousness, whatever it is we are, actually expresses itself through our minds and bodies. Much like a radio station, the radio itself doesn't play the music, it receives it and expresses it via the speakers and to that end whatever station we dial it too.

There are theories that have been put forth that our memories and personality aren't fully encoded in our brains but actually somewhere else. This would explain why people who have near death experiences/OBE's and are for all intents and purposes dead, including brain death, can have total recall of what they saw outside their bodies including in some cases seeing the Dr's and nurses working over them and describing what they wore and said in great detail. If they we were brain dead, then the brain shouldn't be able to store that kind of memory, it certainly wouldn't be a priority even if there were minimal brain activity.

There's also the case of ghosts for instance, those manifestations which are not residual. The ghost does after death what they did in life, yet where are they drawing on that memory? They have no physical mind/brain to recall that information from? It's got to be coming from somewhere? I believe of course ghosts operate on more than one plane of reality, since they are in essence between realms. Many of them are able to interact with live people and with the same personality they had in life. There may also be energetic pathways they are following, sort of the same way a residual experience recurs. Those however would be deep discussions (though fun)

I guess in essence and for fun, you could say if this is true, our memories and experiences are stored and backed up in 'the cloud' (wherever that is) and that probably ties into the Akashic Records.

Anyhoo, didn't mean to wander off topic, (as fun as it was!) but thought I would share my thoughts on that. I will definitely check the link out and your other posts. I've been trying to make last minute arrangements to spend time with family back home for the first time in 3 years.

Hope you have a safe and enjoyable holiday season my friend!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-12-13)
SWS, Thank you for your kind words, may you and your family have a wonderful Xmas and a terrific new year, all the best my friend.

Best Wishes.

Aussie
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
1 year ago (2022-12-13)
Hello AussieDaz,

I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to reply to you. I've been a little slow on the take the past few months and hardly jump online.

You know, when I read your comments, I learn so much from you. You open my eyes to many interesting and wonderful topics, like life duality, alternative universes and OBE's. I don't know how I'd be if in your situation. Lucky you are grounded and have a lovely supportive wife who understands and who is also intrigued.

Thank you for your reply Daz. I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas.

Best wishes,
SWS 🎄🎅
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-12-12)
The_Lost_Voyage 11

I'm pretty sure it was Edgar Cayce who made some interesting comments relating to medically induced states of consciousness. What he actually stated has slipped my mind. Anyway, we do need to be careful, even when putting theories across relating to meds and altered states of consciousness, thinking about someone reading this with mental illness.

I know Bruce Lipton (Biologist) has put forward an interesting theory claiming our brains are just receivers of information and nothing else. He claims we exist in duality where our consciousness or higher self is sending a series of signals that our brains receive and then perceive into a transformative macroscopic state of existence, such as the one we wake up in every day and call earth. If I were a betting man, my money would be on this theory.

In your case (only speculating here), being medically induced via a high dosage, It is conceivable (based on Lipton's work)... The higher dosage may have interfered with these signals sent from your higher state of consciousness thus messing up your own reality somewhat to a position of disposition. Loss of recall between your parents room and your own, yet in the process of having some clarity to feel grounded on?

I often wonder what's the metaphysical explanation for an OBE account. I know there are some well-documented accounts of terminal lucidity, where the individual close to death regains total memory and sometimes body functions shortly before death when medically it is impossible to do so.

Bending a bow between the two and working off Lipton's theory, is it possible this higher self or this other state of consciousness can walk the walk and talk the talk without the use of the brain or body functions in general, leaving both higher/lower mental state of being with the same memory and details? On my own accounts, was I staring down this higher state of being, as my wife lay sleeping with some detail but not all? However with myself... Was I experiencing both states of mind with total recall, not everyone experiences Terminal lucidity is that note worthy? Anyway,

As I stated with (TL) some of these folk are medically diagnosed as brain dead yet, they sit up, laugh, and converse like it was 1999.

So, an OBE account might just be this higher self, the over soul, call it what you want taking the bull by the horn. Anyway, mate... The more I know, the less I know, the rabbit hole keeps getting deeper... At the least, it's intriguing trying to figure it all out.

Here's a link on terminal lucidity, if you haven't looked into it yet, it's worth a bo beep.

Cheers mate.

Https://www.lifeafterlife.com/blog/dr-kenneth-ring-on-terminal-lucidity
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (243 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-12-12)
Hello again aussiedaz, I will read your comments on my story, and let you know, I appreciate you leaving them, I do value your input.

You've also left me wondering about something too in your descriptions regarding your OBE experiences, that have made me rethink an earlier experience of my own.

When I was young I had, what I thought at the time were medically induced sleepwalking episodes. I would 'wake up' in my parents room or in the hall. I would blank out again and would always wake up in my own room, and what happened seemed like a dream? I know the whole thing felt strange and it was found out later that (there were other problems caused) the meds they put me on were way too strong for a kid. Now I wonder if I was sleepwalking or if I had some kind of out of body experience!

I still am fascinated that your wife could alter her appearance, as I mentioned I knew spirits and ghosts could do it, but to have what I suspected confirmed, that living people could also do it while out of the body, that's incredible (or at least I think so, lol)

I agree that there are rules or at least guidelines and things we can confirm beyond skepticism, that aren't of our world. I sometimes lean more towards guidelines, because I know from personal experiences, that certain rules don't seem to apply. For instance (and this is not paranormal) but the so called universal law of attraction states, like attracts like, so if we are in a poverty mindset, we bring in more of the same. However I have attracted money into my life when I've been in a serious lack mentality. It may not be the best example, but it's what comes to mind.

The rules regarding the supernatural I can guess at, these stories provide a treasure trove of information there. I believe we come here to experience life in a body on a planet and express our essence or consciousness through this body/mind. As you mentioned forgetting where we come from and who we are and what we have access to is part of it. The ultimate contrast, being unlimited beings coming into what appears to be a limited existence!

I also believe that if our minds could access everything, it may be a bit too much and defeat the purpose of being here to begin with. That being said though, many scientists have developed theories about the 'unused' portions of the brain and what they're true purpose is. We could go down quite a rabbit hole here, so I'll leave it at that!

I'm glad that what I relayed resonated with you and I look forward to hearing more from you!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2022-12-11)
[at] SWS, a slight error, option B not A. Have a nice day, Regards Daz!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-12-11)
Hello SWS, A gift? I look at it this way my friend. It's only a gift if,

A. You can use it to help others or B, you can use it to help yourself. I haven't been able to help others let my profess, however, if you bear with me for another theory of mine, I will deposit my 2 cents worth and hope it makes some sense where maybe this gift does have some value for option A.lol

I have pretty much concluded we exist in duality with consciousness being the fundamental force of nature driving our reality and all dimensions. "The mind doesn't belong to the body, the body belongs to the mind". Surely it's the only way we can survive physical death right?

If that is the case, then what's the whole deal about our existence? Perhaps it's a learning exercise "in the school of hard knocks"? Who really knows, let me run with that for a minute.

I do believe, over the last decade, I have grown up a lot more than I have in my entire life because of this gift and other experiences. My own accounts have driven me to search for that "greater elusive truth". In the process of a rebound of information, It has made me examine my own life and flaws. Out of this awakening, (if I can call it that).

Each day, I strive to be a better person than I was yesterday by targeting those negative emotions such as anger, for example.
In the words of a famous man who lived a few thousand years ago, he stated... If you can't conquer your flaws at least acknowledge them when they are present so yes, this gift has gotten me thus far for which I'm very grateful however, I'm still working at it. Lol

Cheer SWS, take care.

Regards Daz
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
1 year ago (2022-12-11)
Hello AussieDaz,

What an incredible gift to be able to have an OBE. I wonder if more people experience it but think they are dreaming.

Great post, thanks for sharing.

Best wishes, SWS
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-12-10)
Hello The_Lost_Voyage

You have offered some great insight, my friend. Firstly, I'm not sure how it exactly works over there. Still, my own intuition and research tell me there may be specific rules around any paranormal activity where you can validate it beyond an ounce of skepticism for obvious reasons. Especially from their perspective ex: We enter in with amnesia for a reason. Knowing the whole truth defeats the purpose of being here, or something like that, it's why I was a little annoyed with myself for not pushing the account further, to see what came next?.lol

I feel you may be correct when you say she waited for me to turn around perhaps "just the playfulness of it" was the whole big deal... Were we pushing those rules?

Yes, my wife and I have shared a few accounts together and I'm sure I posted them here several years ago. Without finding them... There was this one night, I walked into the room (three times through the account) over several minutes where she was sleeping with my youngest son who couldn't sleep well as a child.

From memory, she'd remembered sensing me in the room on the three separate accounts, albeit she couldn't see me. On the last visit, I saw her facing toward the wall, with my son between her and the wall., she validated this part the next day, and she said: I turned toward the wall because I was frightened, thinking it was a ghost. Interesting from my point of view, I had no idea I had frightened her.

Great to hear from you. You have left me with some food for thought old mate. Btw,

I have commented on your last story, let me know what you think and if it makes any sense.

Regards Daz
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (243 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-12-10)
Hello aussiedaz, what a fascinating encounter, thanks for sharing it.

My thoughts on this: There are all kinds of theories of course of what dreams are. I believe they fall somewhere between the process of our minds downloading and storing information from the day in memories and also what we see as we astral travel while we sleep. Somewhere in this mix is what we get as dreams.

My understanding is that while we sleep, and we astral travel, we aren't really in control of where the soul wishes to roam. The unlimited realms our souls visit and the wonders it sees are far beyond what our physical minds can process so we simply are incapable of remembering it all, just slivers of things that relate to our lives or are important.

Now that said, when we actually attempt OBE's and initiate them, it's a bit different. We direct where we travel and most stick to this plane, which our mind can comprehend and of course we remember more. Certain protections are put in place, etc and more advanced souls travel beyond this plane of existence, but don't wander too far from home if you catch my drift.

The instance where you traveled around your home and clearly remember it, I'm not sure if that was a sleeping astral travel or something you initiated? Either way you have a very open mind and can see beyond the veil of 'reality' Which makes conversations with you very fascinating and fun! Your mind seems to comprehend so much more than the average person, so it doesn't surprise me that you could remember so much even if you were sleeping.

We know ghosts and the spirits of loved ones (as you have experienced yourself) can appear at any age they want or even healthy if they were very sick when they passed as in other cases. When we leave our body, even if briefly, I have no doubt that can be something anyone can do with conscious control, it certainly would make a fascinating experiment.

My feeling or intuition my friend is what you experienced, was done on purpose. I mean you rolled over at that moment and her soul/spirit was already facing you as if waiting for you in a position she doesn't usually sleep in. Most people leave their bodies and may float on the ceiling or take off altogether, but she stayed anchored close to the body, most unusual! That and she altered her appearance, not dramatically but enough you would take notice! I think somehow her soul/spirit anticipated your rolling over and kind of surprised you. It almost seems to me to be playful.

You have been together a long time and I'm sure you've shared many of your accounts with her, so she 'knew' what to do here.

Hopefully I'm making sense here, but that is my feeling on it, what I picked up on! Always good to hear from you!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-12-07)
Hello Rajine, I have been in a state of which Edgar Cayce refers to; as a state of "superconsciousness" that started from a dream.

Basically, the state is as physical as our earthly state, is this what you are referring to?

It's like a lucid dream on steroids the experience is crazy.

I have also walked around my home and interacted with my wife in an OBE state. I'm sure I wrote about it in one of my other stories. I do theorize some folk can remember their dream state better than others, not because they are special...it's probably more to do with the amount of spiritual energy we enter in with, most likely by design.

Some folk don't remember squat.

Regards daz
Rajine (14 stories) (777 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-12-07)
Hi again aussiedaz

That theory sums it up very neatly, I think perhaps you got your wife mid dream🤔?

Personally I 99% of the time have really amazing dreams, so much so that I wish I could live in my dream state 😅 rather than wake up.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-12-06)
Hi Rajine, I think you are onto something with the "Dreamtime wandering soul suggestion". I remember coming across this professor who was commenting on Robert Lanza's theory on biocentrism.

He didn't announce himself as a professor however, I had to do some research, to find out he taught physics at Havard a while back... I'll never forget his remark although I'm paraphrasing it as best as I can. Keep in mind, this is a man saying this from a state of retirement.

He said... (:I have taught my students the way we all must under the educational critera grilled into our qualifications, However, most of my colleagues agree in the meal room and hallways, our universe is dreaming,:)

So yes mate, I do believe when we sleep our minds slip back into the universe by nature. Some of us remember our dreams better than others.

Thank you for your response.

Regards Daz
Rajine (14 stories) (777 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2022-12-06)
Hi aussiedaz

You experienced a very interesting incident, lots of people believe that the soul wanders around while we are asleep, that is how we are able to dream, because of the things the soul encounters while the body is asleep.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2022-12-06)
Hello Lady-glow,

Yes, A couple of very good questions you have raised about interrupting my wife's own account, where there may have been a chance of her having her own visual experience. I'll never know L,g. And again, yes, maybe her younger look, had something to do with what she was dreaming. (excellent question).

My wife does remember her dreams, however, I never thought to ask her what she was dreaming about on this particular night.
Yes, it was fascinating to witness in retrospect, however, at the time I was quite startled by it.

I will add some additional information, which I almost added to the story, for you or anyone else who may be interested in my account.

In 33 years of being together, this is the only time she reported a floating-of-the-bed experience.

I did see my wife walking around (out of her body) 10 years ago, on the way to my own toilet visit. I believe I wrote about it here in YGS around that time... She did not see me, however, looked pretty much as she was at that time.

A few weeks ago, as my wife was asleep, I heard her call out my name, I know it wasn't from her own vocal cords and I'm clueless as to what that is all about. Anyway,

Thank you for your input.

Regards Daz
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2022-12-06)
Hi manafon1,
I am aware of the society you have made reference to; however, I am unfamiliar with this particular study, "how fascinating".

I have also researched remote viewing and yes, the government does take it seriously enough to run programs. I'm sure you have heard of Ingo Swann?... The man was a freak.

Yes, I believe you may be right about it being an OBE experience for my wife. However, seeing my wife looking younger, reminds me of the time I saw both my mother and father looking younger after they crossed over and what I have researched and learned from others over the years. I'm still a little stumped in explaining the experience and figuring out what she was thinking. Thanks for your input mate.

Regards Daz
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2022-12-06)
Hello Daz.

I agree with Manafon, it seems like your wife had an OBE. Perhaps she'd remember more if you had not stopped her from floating away from her body, though I totally understand your reaction.

I wonder if her 'ethereal physical appearance' had anything to do with what she was dreaming about in that moment.
Does your wife usually remember her dreams?

This was a fascinating event to witness.
Thanks for sharing.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+5
1 year ago (2022-12-05)
Hi aussiedaz--This was a really fascinating account. It does seem that your wife experienced an OBE. The Society of Psychical Research conducted some extremely interesting experiments in the early 20th century where test subjects would focus on a specific location at a specific time and try to manifest their image or "apparition" to an individual. They were successful several times, and the test subjects could correctly describe what the percipient was wearing, where they were in the room, and details of the room. Just as interestingly, the person doing the traveling imagined themselves wearing specific clothes (for instance, a unique hat) and quite often the percipient was able to "see" what the sender was projecting. This might have a correlation with the hair of your wife's double looking like it did when she was younger.

Success with these early tests would lead to other groups (and governments) conducting successful remote viewing experiments. It also seems that once in a while, this "double" can manifest without a conscious decision in the sender's mind to do so. How very cool that you witnessed it! There are many excellent case studies that have detailed this phenomenon, and I believe there was an account here on YGS recently where a man appeared at the foot of a Chicago hotel room bed in front of an astonished woman who had just woken up because of a loud group of people from the hallway. In that case, the man was wearing a sleeveless Boston Celtics shirt and definitely seemed to be able to see the woman before he simply vanished. What an incredibly cool experience you had!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: