You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The First Encounter With A Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The First Encounter With A Ghost

 

This story dates back to 2002 winters. I was then 19 years old. My dad got transferred to Patna, Bihar. Mine is a small family. I am the only child of my parents.

At that particular time I was also in a long distance relationship. It was my first love. We had rented an apartment. It was a beautiful and spacious apartment. As soon as we entered the main door there was a hall. On the left hand side was a room which our landlord had locked for his usage whenever he would come since he was posted outside. This room had a separated entry from outside. Adjacent to it was a huge room which we had turned into living room. Then there was hallway a good spacious passage which led to a covered veranda. Before the veranda there was a kitchen on right. And before that a washroom. And on left were two room facing each other connected by small gallery. One was mine other was my parents.

Before the incident happened I would like to give a brief prequel to the events.

In my room there were absolutely obnoxious looking noisy 3 lizards. They would come during evening. And at night they had to be driven away by my dad since I was scared of them.

One day my cousin had come for two days. She told me that she keeps getting the feeling as if she is being watched. Very frankly, I never felt anything of this sort as I would study everyday until late at night and I never felt anything.

I had this habit of reading Hanuman Chalisa (Deity known to ward off evil spirits. Chalisa is prayer devoted to Hanumanji) before going to sleep and also I would keep the Chalisa book beneath my pillow.

Here I would mention from my room door I could see a part of hallway passage clearly. And also the door of the washroom clearly. It was brown and cream in color.

Winters are very cold in Patna. It was December night. I was sleeping. It was late at night and must have been past 1 am. I am not sure about exact time. I opened my eyes to turn around on bed towards the door. What I saw was out of this world. I saw something white moving extremely slowly in the hall way. It was neither opaque nor transparent. I could make out it had long hair. The figure was like a block. White see through block but one can make out the long hair though but they were also part of that block like thing. It came in front of the washroom door. And because of dark background the moving entity was all the more clearly visible. I just could not believe my ideas. I immediately wore my glasses and looked at it hiding from my quilt. It was actually there slowly walking! Then it vanished from my view as it moved ahead down the passage. I got scared and hid in my blanket reciting Hanuman chalisa. After 6-7 minutes I again peeped out and saw the entity again now moving back. It was taking a stroll. I got this strong feeling it was a lady.

This time I was frightened. And soon after felt asleep.

In the morning I went to my mom to tell her what I saw. She did not even let me finish. She said I should not think about it. I was amazed. I did not question her.

That house did not fare us well. My dad had troubles in his professional life. Also we also find black magic things like a knotted white cloth outside the entrance door. A brown feather like that of owl was taped on the windscreen of my car. Also some black chana (gram) was found lying at the entrance door. And my dad was about to step on it had it not been for our driver who warned my dad. My mother had fallen sick seriously later on she was almost bed ridden for 6 months and once was almost on death bed. I had a bad break up with my boyfriend who betrayed me.

We decided to leave the house. On last day my mum told me that there was something in that house. Whenever me and my dad were not there she would feel someone was watching her all the time and she would feel scared. And that day when I had come to her she knew I had seen the same entity which she had felt around her. And she did not want to tell us what all happened to her. And we did not force her.

For good we left the house. Later on we came to know that a girl had died in that house either she was murdered or committed suicide I am not sure. But it was not natural death.

May be it was her strolling in the dark. And if lizards had to do something with her because they were not normal lizards but strange dirty ones.

Other hauntings by Pragya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pragya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
hi Pragya... Nice story... I believe in this black magic thing and people really do this to harm other person. Cause it don't have any acceptance in law. One of my uncle is suffered from all this black magic cause some of our relative can't see us developing. He is still suffering and he got asthma due to this.

So, I am glad that you are safe. 😊
ghostrider123 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-21)
Hi Pragya, very interesting story indeed. As for you mentioned black magic, be aware of people who are jealous of you, or the people who say negative about you. The most important thing you should do whenever you see these creatures or catch an evil sight-PRAY.
Regards and respect,
Ghostrider123
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-09)
Dear Pragya,

I agree with the others. The apparition, and the "black magic" do not seem to be connected.

If it were me, I'd suspect jealous people in the area ready to make trouble, as it sounds as though the house was pretty grand.

As for the girl, maybe just pray for her spirit to move on. It didn't sound as though she was happy there.

In any case, glad you got away unharmed, and thanks for sharing your ordeal.

Theonewhoknows (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-04)
Good to know, that you moved out of that apartment. Someone probably tried black Magic on your family. Can you think of anyone who could do that, if yes maintain some distance from them. Its hard to understand, rather determine the source of the magic, because this is something that does not require close proximity. Black magic can be performed from miles away or even farther.
Generally people you trust play dirty, they might hold strong grudges against you, that you may not be aware of. These have got to be one of those people that visit you on a regular basis. Black Magic can be performed even with a single strand of the victims hair.

All I am trying to say is, beware of people who unusually keep visiting you and your family, cook up excuses of meeting you very often.

P.s. Do not accuse anyone, that is wrong... Observe until you attain valid evidence. The most important thing... PRAY!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-28)
Pragya
I agree with sds. I don't think the white apparition was harming your family. Maybe the landlord had done the black magic? I'm glad your family moved out of this apartment. I hope your mother is feeling well
And more like herself and your father is having better luck at work.
Regards
Red
Pragya (5 stories) (68 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-23)
Hi Sds thanks for your comment. I agree with you. But it was this incident that made me believe in ghosts. 😨
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-23)
Hi Pragya, that was an experience indeed. I feel it could be the spirit of the girl, who died. But I do not think that it has got anything to do with the black magic. That is totally different from the spirit of the girl, I feel. Black magic could have been done to harm the family, defame you and your parents, reduce you to a pauper. But that apparition you saw, I do not think that it could be associated with the black magic. Well, that is my theory.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Pragya (5 stories) (68 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-22)
Amihet thanks for your comment. There was one politician who was into all this. I would not name him. He called a convention of tantriks and was expelled out of his party. He was state level minister...
I do not know. I have never felt scared when these things happen but I am dead scared after everythng is over. 😁
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-22)
Pragya,Do you think that someone might have tried to harm you and your family spiritually (hence the black magic items, or do you feel those things were remnants of the previous owners?
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-21)
Hi Praygya - that is a scary experience but what spooks me more is you finding black magic paraphernalia all over the house and property. Who on earth would do such a horrible thing, whoever the person is he or she is evil. I have read many stories of people seeing ghosts while trying to fall asleep and after the initial freight, they fall asleep. That amazes me because I would bolt out of my bedroom and sleep someplace else. You are very brave. Thanks for sharing your story and I am glad that you and your parents found a more suitable place to live.
Pragya (5 stories) (68 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-21)
Hi swims in fire, I am glad that we left the house soon after. But it was this experience that made me believe in ghosts.
I have gone through some other experiences too after that which I have shared on YGS. 😁

[at] Sceptic- Do not tell me. The stories on YGS are copyrighted right! This is real story and before this though I would be thrilled listening to other people's story but still was not a believer but after this incident I know there is something more to our existence.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-21)
Dear Pragya,
Do you watch Fear Files on Zee TV every weekends 10:30 pm to 11:30 pm?

If you do then you will know what I am about to say, and I have already beamed this info once from my own story.

Beware of the thieving ways of that TV show! They steal stories from the Internet and at the least one has been stolen from this site too! Keep a watch out as your story seems worth stealing to me.

Regards
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-20)
What a rough expierience! I'm gladd you found somewhere better to live. You say there was black magic stuff there? Did you ever find out who did it? Hope all is well in the future.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: