You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Young Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Young Experiences

 

This is my first time writing on here, so I thought I'd explain some experiences of my own, but first I need to tell you about my family. My grandmother, mother, and I are strong believers in the paranormal, and my grandmother is a clairvoyant who would often, when I was younger, take me to her psychic meetings. The experiences I'll describe happened in my old house, but in future tellings things have happened in my current home.

When I was about 7 years old, my mum's best friend's father had recently passed away. One night I went to bed and was almost asleep (facing the wall) when a voice in my ear said something I couldn't understand. I was paralysed for a moment before calling my mum. She had an idea that it might have been her best friend's father, and we sat down and mum called out "If there's anybody here, let us know." After about 10 seconds of silence the house phone rung, I picked it up and there was nobody on the other end. After that I refused to sleep facing the wall in fear of hearing this voice again. Please note that I am almost 16 and I still struggle attempting to face a wall.

Another experience - I was 8, and my mum was upstairs getting my baby brother to sleep. I was watching the television when I heard footsteps on the stairs. Thinking it was my mum I turned around, only to find a lady with no defined facial features dressed in white coming down the stairs. She did not see me, she merely walked down the stairs and walked through the porch door. Yet again I was frozen with fear and I didn't move until my mum finally came down.

Finally - my great grandmother's brother had died a few weeks earlier, when I was 8. He had moved to America before I was born and I had never met him or seen a picture of him. I was in bed, attempting to get to sleep, when I saw a movement in the mirror. I stared full on and in the reflection I saw a man staring straight ahead, dressed in black and with a rough beard. I froze and then got into my mum's bed. The next morning, I was explaining this to my great grandmother and described what the man looked like. She looked shocked before getting a photo of her brother and saying "was this the man?" It was.

I'd be interested to know your take on these happenings, and I will post more experiences soon.

Other hauntings by kaysie_x

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kaysie_x, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kaysie_x (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-20)
Kally198 - I have already told my mum and she explained there's nothing to be frightened of.
Harrypotterrules-thank you ever so much!
MusicalJess23 -im very grateful to have this 'ability', and it's nice to be accepted on this website as I fear that if I was to mention it to friends they would pass it off as me being crazy.
kally198 (1 stories) (9 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-08-20)
tell your mom about your experience and your mom will tell you how to get that things off from your minds...
MusicalJess23 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-18)
Everyone has the ability to notice the paranormal world and experience it, however, it is only those with an open mind and an open heart that spirits show themselves to. This is a wonderful gift that few of us are blessed with.
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
I completely agree with kally198. You are getting abilities just like those of your relatives, which is normal. God bless you all.
kaysie_x (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
Lady-glow I never thought of it like that, it's good getting it from a different perspective, thank you:)
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
kaysie_x: There is no reason for you to be afraid to face a wall if you haven't heard 'the voice' after nine years! 😉

As for the phone ringing after your mother asked for a sign of her friend's father's presence, it could have been just some one calling to the wrong number at a very inadequate time, and at the age of seven that would look really freaky.
kaysie_x (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
Kally198 - I think it's amazing to be gifted with this sort of ability, but as stated in the entry these aren't the only occurrences. You'd think that after these I wouldn"t have any fear, I just can't get used to it!
kally198 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
i think you are getting abilities as like your mom have and don't be in fear just face them and give them the helping hands of yours 😲

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: