You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Office Building

Real Ghost Stories

My Office Building

 

I work for attorneys handling real estate. The company is made up of two separate buildings and houses all of 150 employees. The buildings that we are in are rumored to be an old hospital of some sort. The main office is said to be the actual hospital, and our smaller building off to the left was said to be the women's labor quarters. Now wether they were really split... I don't know.

I am in a room the size of a college classroom, not too big, but big enough for 9 cubicles (8x8). Only 7 of these cubicles are occupied. At times you can hear loud noises such as banging or hitting on the walls and often can hear babies cry. (we are not allowed to bring our children to work because of insurance purposes.) Many times I have heard what I thought was a coworker of mine talking on her phone and I look over or behind me and no one in our room is on the phone! My mouse will randomly move around my screen, and the funny thing is, I am not afraid.

Tuesday morning we came in at the usual time of 7:30am and the door to our room was locked. No one on this entire office had a key, we had no reason for one, our room was never locked and never had been. We had to call a locksmith to come and unlock the door. He arrived about an hour later and tried many tools to open the door and really had a rough time. He said it was very unusual that the door was so hard to open.

Finally he got it open and we all went in and sat at our desks and it was cold... Very cold... I could see my breath cold. It was never that cold in our room. As a matter of fact I have two fans at my desk because it does stay so hot. I don't know if this is in fact paranormal activity or if I am just crazy.

I have recently had a baby. I have been back to work for almost 2 months now and I don't know if I am having horrible separation anxiety and miss my baby so much I make myself believe I can hear her cry or if something has happened here and whatever or whoever it is is trying to get me to help them because I am the most recent "new mother" in our office. It is weird but amazing at the same time. I was never a believer and still not sure if I am, but whatever it is, wants something from me. I know it's not harmful, it's too pleasing to be. The voices of others talking on the phone and the feeling of being in here is too "happy" I could say. It's like comfort and heartache all at the same time. Like whatever happened here was not done out of anger or malice, but by accident.

Can someone please help me to figure out what is going on... Do I need a medium for the spirits or medication for me?

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HALEY, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
I wouldn't say that you need medication.

have others in your office voiced specualtion as to what is happening or have they noticed these occurances as you have?
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
Dear HALEY or 🤔?

Do you need a medium for the spirits or medication? First things first, your valid e-mail address might be nice to have and less suspect!

Perhaps, the medium size prescription medication should be this RX as follows:

No author, e-mail address; no story should be printed.--Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-03)
Some of what you have experienced sounds like a residual haunting. That is where energy that is good or bad imprints itself on the enviroment and is replayed day after day or on certain days at certain times. If the building you were in was the labor quarters I would say that the energy imprinted was of a joyous nature and that is why it isn't interupted when you or your co workers enter the area. Just a theory I have, not fact. The other little parts could be an every day run of the mill ghost, or you could have a handyman or janitor who likes to play jokes on you all. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
The_Sweetest_Thing (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-02)
Your story is interesting! I think that some things might be your imagination though when I'm not around my daughter I sometimes hear her cry, but I'm not saying that everything you've experienced isn't real. I hope that whatever it is you figure it out I know how it feels think not be sure and think that youre crazy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: