You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Spirit In My Car?

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit In My Car?

 

This is what happened to me in Canberra, Australia. I do not know whether it is in fact a spirit, but it was too weird to just be a coincidence.

I'm a strong believer in God and Christ, and at the time I would be always wearing my gold cross. Recently I've come to the realisation that wearing a cross is wrong, as it depicts the pain Christ went through, just my opinion. So now I wear a mother of Christ medallion.

Anyways, my story begins a couple weeks after I got a new Ford Falcon, bought from a used car dealer in Sydney. I was stoked I got the car, but I was doing bad things at the time that my mum did not approve of (not relevant what I was doing), so my mum did not let me drive the car as a punishment.

The car had some stains, which from the places it was (near the rear view mirror and above the driver's side window) it looked a lot like blood stains. When we asked the dealer what they were from, he insisted it was just coffee stains.

So the paranormal stuff begins when my mum let me drive the car. I went to pick up my friend from his house and we drove into the Canberra City Centre. We were listening to 87.6FM, a techno radio station, pretty loudly. We started talking about the "blood" stains, and very shortly after (while driving) my steering wheel started to shake. I let go of the wheel and me and my friend were watching in "amazement" at the event occurring. After about 10 seconds of that, my "car" decided it would try to ram the car next to me.

At this point I grabbed the wheel to stop the oncoming collision and immediately after the radio cut out, with the sound of when an older TV cannot find a channel, "white noise" I believe it's called. Then after about 3 seconds of white noise, the radio changed to 66.6AM. It may sound coincidental, but in my own opinion of the experience, it was not. Changing to AM radio is not just a simple change of the signal, you actually have to press a button for it.

Me and my mother later found out, when trying to get the car registered in Canberra, that it was involved in a crash and written off. I know God was watching over me at this time, so I changed my bad ways. And/or he was just protecting me from the bad spirit in the car because after this experience, the car did not pass inspection as it was rusted (we checked the car, engine, etc before buying) and there were no signs of rust. It did not pass inspection so we sold it back to the dealers in Sydney, for a loss of $500 dollars.

But I was happy to see the car go, after experiencing something paranormal going on in the car. Not sure whether someone died in the crash, or was shot in the head (from the blood stains, that looks like the most likely cause) but I do think it had something to do with them.

Please share your thoughts and criticisms, I'm open to all. I just want other people's opinion, because most I've told have said that it's crazy and not normal. Thank you:)

Other hauntings by Rafaelo11

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rafaelo11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cakelehde (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-04)
A plain cross reminds us that He has risen and conquered death. Nothing wrong with representing that. Thanks for the story, though, I have to agree the majority of it was probably vehicular malfunction. 😁
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
Hi Rafaelo,

Being a fellow Aussie I'm sorry but I have to say it you should've bought a Holden;)
But all jokes aside, I'm a strong believer in God as well and I always had a problem with wearing a crucifix, As I didn't like the fact that Jesus was on it and it reminded me of the pain. But I wear a plain gold cross to remind me that he rose again and is forever strong, But I do understand where you are coming from.

*****************

As to the radio changing that was just creepy! I think a Demon or the Devil was playing with you, As I have heard Evil entities often try and mess with people of God to Shake their faith... Stay strong and just tell it to piss off if it ever comes back... With God on your side you are stronger than any Demon...:)
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
Rafaelo, like the others I'm thinking that if the car had been in a collision bad enough to be written off, it could have had a bent frame, or any number of things wrong. But let me ask this, did you test drive the car before buying it? If so, how did it handle? If not, NEVER EVER buy a car blind again. If they won't let you test drive, no buy. Used car dealers have a bunch of tricks to make a car seem better than it is. I had an old Pontiac that use to switch stations (from FM to AM) of it's own accord, or so it seemed. Turned out it had a loose mounting, the stations were changing due to the vibrations. At least that's what my brother told me.
However, if this caused you to change your ways for the better I would not discount a bit of divine intervention. And honestly, I have my doubts about coffee stains being up by the rear view mirror. I think that dealer just wanted to make a buck.
ConfederateGhost (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
Nice story. Sorry to hear that you lost 500 bucks on your vehicle.
Sparkie (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
Older cars, especially ones that have been heavily damaged in wrecks tend to steer out of course. My '94 Jeep did the same exact thing until I had a front end alignment done on it. As for the rust, it could have been anywhere that you couldn't see, etc. It's always best when buying from used dealerships to have someone professional look at it, test it, etc. So you don't have to lose out on money.
But, as BadJJ said, you were there, I wasn't. You know more about the situation than I do lol.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
Well... It could be, but a steering wheel shakes for a lot of reasons, like when the front end is out of alignment from a car reck by the previous owner probably taking his hands off the wheel for who knows why, while driving. So it's probably a bad idea to take your hands off the wheel while driving.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
Rafaelo - honestly, I think the same as BJJ. And the shaking of the steering wheel could have been due to a bad tire, wheel bearing, wheels being out of alignment, etc. And the 66. 6 thing, it's just a number.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
To be honest, it just sounds like you bought a piece of crap car from an unscrupulous dealer.
A car drifting into another lane because the driver chose to take his hands off the wheel does not indicate a presence, cars do that. That's why you shouldn't take your hands off the wheel. The drift would likely be more severe if there was frame damage to the car, especially if the crash was bad. Sounds like it was.
Is it possible that in the mad grab for the steering wheel you could've hit the radio, changing frequencies?
Anyway, you were there, I wasn't, so I can't say anything for sure, except this-
KEEP YOUR HANDS ON THE STEERING WHEEL! Period. Roads are public. Driving irresponsibly endangers you and everyone else on the road.
And don't buy jack from that dealer again.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: