You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Figure

 

I don't really know how to start a story but whenever I walk or hangout with friends there is always a dark figure that follows me. It's size is about 6 ft 3 and it hangs when it is there. I am not very frightened by the figure but it seems very helpful to me.

One night I was walking around my neighborhood because I was feeling fat, and as I was beginning to jog there was this dark figure just holding still in the distance. It wasn't to far away from me so I knew it was not a human being, but I stopped to look at it and seen it for about a minute and a half before it disappeared. I walked over to where it was standing to make sure it wasn't a friend or sibling playing a trick on me but there was nothing there to be seen. I was scared that night and went home right after.

The next day I hesitated to go on a walk that night and stopped. I decided to walk in the mornings and maybe I wouldn't see it again, but there it was in the same place again. I turned around to run the other way and hurry home but it was right there clear as could be in front of me. I fell on the ground in fear and began to cry and run off. It made a weird sounds like a broken bass, really loud and deep but it sounded like "please stay." I went home again and began freaking out and when everyone asked me what happened. I just told them I fell and scraped my knees. They then went off too work and I was alone.

That night I was asleep and heard that bassy noise again but this time it had a screech sound with it. I bucked up and went outside to check it out and it was there in front of the house. It freaked me out but I didn't run, I stood and talked to it. I asked it why it was following me and it made that bassy noise but I couldn't understand what it said. I started screaming saying, "Please! Tell me why you are following me!" It screeched and disappeared.

Two months went by and I was walking down a sidewalk trying to get to a gas station for some drinks, and as I was walking across the road the dark figure appeared and held me in place. A car's brakes were slammed and it came close to hitting me but the figure stopped me. The driver rolled his window down and yelled at me to stay on the "freaking sidewalks" and to stop being such a freaking retard. After that I have felt more safe with the figure than frightened and to this day it has helped me be safe.

I do not know if it is a good thing that I am doing or a bad thing. Can anyone tell me what a dark figure following me and saving me means? I want to be sure that it isn't gong to hurt me or worse.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Doijio, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

TheInfinitive (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-24)
Doijio, The most important thing is not to fear it. You were right to buck up and ask it what it was. Discerning the spiritual realm takes work. But there are universal truths that can guide you. Pay attention to the feelings you have inside when you have interactions with this being. If you have feelings of confusion, fear, or other negative thoughts it is not a being of light, truth, and love. Good being can and will only emulate truth, love, and light. Keep exploring. Whether it is a being of light, or a being of darkness, You can know.
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Have you considered that the dark figure might be your shadow? 😜

All kidding aside, you said that it follows you even if you are with your friends. Is it visible to others? Or only to you?

When was the last time you saw this figure? And did you try to talk to it again?

Sorry for the questions... Hope to hear from you.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-09)
My dear Holmes,

It seems that I am back to my bumbling and stumbling ways, and you are there as always to mend them 😉

Thanks for not boxing me in the ear 😆
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
It could be good it could be bad. Maybe it wants some company and it saw you and thought "There's a nice looking chap." Then again maybe it has a more insidious agenda. Pray, (if your into that) Meditate, bless yourself and your house. Most importantly, trust your gut! Best of Luck.
Darkencounters (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
Doijio, this I know isn't a loved one or someone who has lived before. This can be your guardian angel but also may not. Remember, listen to what it has to offer but make sure you understand whether or not this is evil or not. Keep distance still, these things can be very dangerous considering its black. The darkness is no friend. Dark spirits are not to befriend
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-03)
Darling Watson, I believe you are thinking of the two stories, "The Man in Black", and the other title was simply "Him", I think. Similar scenario but a different flavor. I don't think it's the same author.
Doijio, has anyone else seen this dark figure? I ask because you mention it being there when you hang out with friends, which should cause some comment. You were fortunate that it kept you from the path of a car, but I was wondering what were some of the other circumstances where you believe this entity kept you safe?
Trishspooky (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-03)
can be the spirit of someone who loved you and trying to protect you... But I do agree with spiritwaiting at some point. 😊
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
This seems like the same ol' same ol' again... Now where did I read about a similar 'him' and what was the title... I wonder!
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
Doijio, I'm not so sure this shadow being would be good for you, if its freezing you in place in the middle of the street, and coming so close to being hit by a car. It sounds to me, its trying to gain your trust, by "saving" you so to speak. It would be better for you to say a prayer of protection, and telk it to leave. I'm not sure that I follow you about the voice sounding like broken glass and bassy though. I'm sure its hard for you to describe. But there will be others to comment and help a little more. Stay safe, and good luck
Kimole24 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
I have had a ghost shadow thing too following me but I try to ingore it... It doesn't work out well when it pops up randomly and scares the crap out of you... I have had dreams... About it...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: