You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Great-aunt's Visits

Real Ghost Stories

My Great-aunt's Visits

 

In 1997, my great-aunt got very ill. I was 17 at the time. She lived a mere 300 hundred meters away through my local housing estate with my gran and grandad.

I went over to visit when she first got poorly, but found I couldn't go and see her when she was near the end which, to this day, I hold deep regret. Having never experienced a death in the family before I used excuses and distractions so I didn't have to deal with it. On her last night my mum and dad stayed over with my grandparents and the nurse and they expected she would probably pass that night.

I was alone in my house and sat on the chair in the dining room/kitchen. I was upset and crying when suddenly I heard my great-aunt's voice say my name very clearly. I truly believe that she sounded sad and this is why I hold a lot of regret for not seeing her. When I heard her call my name I looked up puzzled and stopped crying. To this day I can remember her voice but I wasn't sure if I had imagined it or not. I noticed the microwave clock said 10.54pm. I stayed up for another few hours but fell asleep.

My mum told me the news of her passing the next morning and I decided to go to college as normal. After college I asked my mum about what I heard and she said that my aunt had died at 10.55pm.

It might of been one hell of a coincidence but I do hope it was some sort of connection that we had for each other as we were very close. She was a loving, kind generous lady which I had so much fondness for, maybe just as much as my parents.

I also had a dream about her about 2 years ago and she told me not to go down a particular country road (life path maybe). The dream was hazy but she looked really concerned for my welfare. I chose to listen.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bagpuss33, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bagpuss33 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
Thanks for the comments people. I like to hear people's views on it. I have always kept an open mind on my experience as I wouldn't say I'm a believer in an afterlife, maybe just hopeful (and it being a nice one).
I made an assumption about my dream that I needed to change my lifestyle, if that was what she meant I'm not sure. I have lots of beautiful country lanes around where I live, I hope it wasn't a warning of danger as I didn't recognise it in my dream.
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
Sounds like she loves you a whole lot. It is those people, who watch us even after they pass. She is someone special and even though she is gone, I know she watches over you.
LilyOfWartune (19 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
Yes,you have a point there,Miracle...
That's why I put the comment of how I see it in my own culture, because I'd like to know what are you people think of how my culture sees this matters
Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
Lily - I really love learning about the differences in cultures/religions, etc. Sometimes we assume we know what a spirit/ghost means because we are reading the story and automatically assume it is our culture and forget it could be of a different country/culture/religion, etc. Heck, even a different part of our country 😉 (Oops, didn't mean that toward you LOL. I was speaking generally LOL.)

I just find it fascinating to learn, so thank you for sharing that with us 😊
LilyOfWartune (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
yes it does,Miracle51031...
In my culture, it is usual for people who just lost their loved ones visited by them after their death. They did can give you advice or guidance, but as I stated,it's 'usually',so it doesn't mean it's always true or happens
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
It seems to me that she was trying to say goodbye the night she passed. I believe that our loved ones watch over us from the afterlife, and occasionally send us messages. Those messages are deeply personal, between the giver and recipient only. It's only for the recipient to determine the meaning. If you feel that she was guiding you, then you are most likely correct. I think it wise that you took her advice.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
Bagpuss - my opinion on your Great-Aunt's visit is a little different than LilyOfWartune's. I believe when she visited you 2 years ago, it was for the same reason you thought: to discourage you from going down the path you were headed. I'm glad you listened.

Lily - our cultures are different in this aspect, I guess 😊
LilyOfWartune (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
Your great aunt loved and care about you...It's no surprise she sees you after her death
I've heard that once someone passed away, their spirit lingers in this world for few days (I forgot the exact number) to look after someone they left behind and saw their conditions before they moving on (or choose to do so)
You said she visit you in your dream 2 years ago,right?
It's nice that she look after you, but usually,that's their way of asking you to visit their grave and pray for their souls
Take care...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: