You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Demonic House

Real Ghost Stories

Demonic House

 

I have lived in Tulsa, Oklahoma my entire life. At the age of eleven (approx. January 2000,) my family moved into a posh neighborhood in south Tulsa. Our new house was enormous. It was nothing my family ever imagined we could afford. The whole family was so excited!

The house was three stories tall with five bedrooms. The second floor was comprised of a long wood-floor hallway with four rooms connected. The fourth room at the end of the hall was the 3rd story game room. We considered it a third story because a small set of 10 steps sat just inside the threshold. We had such big plans for the game room.

My two little brothers and I had always slept in the same room before moving into the monster house. Naturally they picked the largest room upstairs for all three of us.

It seems like it takes an entire year after a big move before you feel like you've finally 'moved in.' I am sure anyone who has made a big move can attest to that. A year after our move I wanted to move into my own bedroom. I thought I was becoming 'more' mature. My parents were giving me more responsibility. I began helping my dad with yard work and babysitting my little brothers. I also began taking more responsibility for my faith in Jesus Christ. I studied the bible every night before I went to sleep. I felt like I was really growing-up and becoming a man. This is when the trouble started.

Out of the blue, my brothers began complaining of scary noises and dreams at night. They hated going upstairs by themselves. For weeks they begged my parents to let them sleep on their floor. I hadn't had any issues, so I thought they were being babies. Up to this point the game room turned into our Lego building room. We had tubs of Legos we would play with for hours. My brothers stopped building Legos in the game room because it was scary. I didn't know what they were talking about.

A couple more weeks down the road my I was babysitting my little brothers. We were hanging out in our parents' bed room watching TV. Their bedroom was situated directly under the game room. Late into the evening we started footsteps in the game room. I knew what I heard and tried to play it off to my little brothers as nothing unusual. I immediately knew someone had broken into the house. I got up and loaded my dad's shotgun in his closet. My brothers were crying. At this point the sounds of the footsteps were undeniable. I gave my little brother the phone and he called my parents to tell them what was going on. Then we decided to go confront the intruder. Running up the stairs, we burst into the game room with the shotgun. There wasn't anyone there. The timing for someone to escape would have been impossible. My heard dropped, because now I had to acknowledge my brothers' fears of the upstairs as legitimate.

In the following days I began to feel watched and unwelcome when I went upstairs. It is a strange feeling to describe. I especially felt these ominous feeling near the game room. It seemed to emanate unease.

One night I was closing my eyes and clearly felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I flipped around and of course no one was there. I was so scared. The upstairs continued to feel evil.

On another occasion I had just laid my head on my pillow when I clearly felt someone punch me in the stomach. I had a large bruise right in the middle of my stomach. Of course no one was there. I would spend most nights wishing I could just fall asleep. I would pray and read scripture until I fell asleep from exhaustion. I started to believe my house had a demon which possessed it. I would specifically pray for Jesus to send angels to surround my family and my house.

** Interesting note #1, when I skipped my daily prayer and scripture reading regiment I wouldn't have any negative experiences**

** Interesting note #2, I kept most of the experiences to myself for fear of ridicule**

A couple weeks later I let my new puppy outside. While waiting for him to take care of business I saw a featureless white silhouette. The figure seemed to be scanning the area. He seemed to see me and then promptly vanish. I grabbed my little puppy and ran.

This next experience is what confirms my belief of a demonic presence:

This takes place maybe a week after the white silhouette I saw outside. In the middle of the night I woke up for no apparent reason. I am usually a very deep sleeper. When something wakes me up I get curious to find the reason. I sat there quietly listening for whatever woke me up to repeat. I heard fairly loud footsteps directly outside my room on the wood floor. This noise was unmistakable. I assumed it was someone in my family checking on me or changing the temperature of the air conditioner. I got out of my bed to see who it was. As I got up, I could hear the footsteps walking away in the direction of the game room. I opened the door but no one was there... My heart sunk. I needed to go make sure it was a family member I had heard. I had snuck into my brothers' room. They were both obviously in deep sleep and hadn't just walked by my room. I then ran downstairs to check to see which of my parents had been upstairs... They were also obviously in deep sleep and hadn't been upstairs... I then tried to pretend I didn't hear any footsteps and I should try and fall back asleep. As I was walking to my room (the game room entrance directly behind me now) I heard the footsteps directly behind me.

I spun around to see only the dark game room door. Emanating from the dark a black mist with a face came at me. It had a face so evil and not human... I tried to scream "Be gone in the name of Jesus." However, it seemed to have a hold on my mouth. I was screaming those words in my head so loud. Finally it seemed to vanish as quickly as it had come. I stayed up all night reading my bible and praying.

Years later I reluctantly told my story to my brothers and to my surprise they shared very similar stories.

The experiences seemed to stop after months of intense prayer and petition. We continued to live in that house without any issues for 5 additional years. In fact, my parents seemed to have a couple strange experiences, but never shared that with us for fear of us wanting to move.

Sharing my story has been a very cathartic feeling. Thanks for listening!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CCTEMP, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-17)
I very much enjoyed this story, mainly the narrative and your manner of your description. I'm glad no harm came to you and your family.

I must admit I am insanely jealous of you having a Lego room, I want one now and I am 30. 😆
BasSilLeosS (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-17)
it has been said that people who has a strong belief in their god (only non-pagan god) that the devil test them by appearing to them and/or trying to manipulate their belief as a test of their strength!
stephyw2001 (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
I enjoyed this story, it is well written and interesting. Like Triskaideka said, I have also noticed myself how "demons" tend to be attracted to people who are really big on the Bible.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-10-22)
gothgirl
As a lifelong resident of Long Island I can tell you that the Amityville Horror story is fiction. I knew this would come up on this site.
I know different people who knew the DeFeo family and all say the same. Ron DeFeo was a junkie who hated his father. The night of the murders he was high as usual and killed his family. There are some stories that his one sister helped him by killing their mother but those are unsubstantiated. Everyone wants to know why nobody heard the noise from the gun. Well the time of the killings was late at night and as the family was asleep so I would assume the neighbors were as well.
As far as the house goes the stories that it was built on Native American burial grounds is probably true. If not burial grounds then some other kind of Holy grounds. If there truly was any supernatural activity in this house it was from angry Native Americans. The Lutz family left that house with nothing but the clothes on their backs. George Lutz claims that the spirits followed them to his wifes parents house as a way of explaining why the house was no longer haunted after they left.
There were so many people trespassing on the property that the house was sold a few times until one of the owners changed the look of the house and had the town change the number of the house. Nobody had any kind of paranormal activity happen to them especially nothing like George Lutz claimed. Very few, if any Long Islanders believe anything ever happened in that house.
Long Island has beautiful parks, lots of tourist sites, and most of all miles upon miles of beaches. It was formed by a glacier millions of years ago so there is a lot of different types of crystals all over the place. The deepest the water table is 50-70
Feet and there are a lot of under ground streams so there are a lot of truly haunted houses and places.
Regards
Red
CCTEMP (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-21)
Thanks for welcoming me into the community!

Triskaideka, My parents always gave me the impression they never wanted to talk about their experiences. My Mother seems to have had the most experiences. She said she would always hear footsteps upstairs while no one was home. Twice she heard my little brother calling to her from upstairs while no body was home. She was apparently happy to move out. My father only had one interesting encounter. He was home alone and he heard the game room door open and shut a few times. He went to check it out and tried to 'debunk it' as the air conditioner blowing, but couldn't.

SDS, the game room did not have much in it. The contents included: a workout bench, N64, old television and a large box of Legos. I cannot remember if the timing of encounters matches when any of the items were put into the game room...

** The game room was the tallest point of the house and it did have the only skylight. Do you think that could be related?
gothgirl (32 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-20)
Sounds a lot like the amityvill horror, but atleast you guys made it out save
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-20)
I have read before that sometimes evil spirits are drawn to religious symbols and things which are intended to protect us. Also, when I was younger, I was told often that those who are the strongest spiritually are those who are attacked the most. Perhaps you were targeted because you were so strong, and then you won the battle and this evil entity left in defeat. I'm curious to know what experiences your parents had. Did they share any stories with you?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-20)
Dear CCTEMP, I just want to add something more. I think it was not demon but might be a bad or evil or negative spirit. I just wanted to ask you certain things. You said for the first few months, there was nothing and that you started experiencing the presence, sounds etc., and those things emanated from the game room. Did you guys buy anything new because these negative spirits or entities might have attached itself to those objects and started making its presence felt. I mean the objects that you bought and kept in your game room. Well, that is only my theory and I don't know how it could be proved. But again, it is good that it went off as it came and made to stay in the house peacefully.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-20)
Dear CCTEMP, welcome to YGS. Surely this goes to my favourites. I could realise how you and your little brothers might have felt during such encounters. If it had been going on today, we could have advised you to cleanse the house. Anyway, thank God that it did not last longer. But you said the encounters of your parents. Try to find out from them and share it with us. Do you still live in the same house. Just asking you, that's all.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-19)
Oh, thank goodness you made it! That was a suspensfull read. That's the best thing about this site, being able to get it out there.
asdfghj (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-19)
I am also going to add this my favorites too and well written I appreciatte that.
asdfghj (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-19)
Thanks CCTEMP for posting such a good story. I read you story when I was alone in house, I was totally freaked at that time.
Clarence (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-19)
Thanks for sharing. I know that feeling of trying to utter words of protection and having them stifled by a malevolent force before they can leave your mouth. A truly scary feeling, indeed.
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-19)
Creepy!:3
I'm going to add this to my favorites! ❤
I love how you narrate your story. Thanks for sharing! ^^
frangelica1 (40 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-18)
That was a well written story and pretty scary too. I also think it was a demon in your home since your praying seemed to incite it to act out against you in your home. I am happy that it finally moved on and left your family alone.
gra-c (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-18)
Scary...i would not stay in that house... I'm a scardy cat...lol. Very well written story... Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: