You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Haunted Childhood Home

Real Ghost Stories

My Haunted Childhood Home

 

I'm 28 years old, a male, from Manila. I stumbled upon this site looking for scary stories to help me sleep at night and after reading through most of the stories from the Philippines, I guess it is fair I now share my own.

My family used to own a house in B.F. Resort, Las Pinas in Manila. While I was growing up as a little boy, I heard and experienced a lot of unexplainable things that happened to my mother, me, relatives, friends, and house maids.

It was said that when my grandfather bought the house for my mom and dad, there was this big crack across the living room floor. My dad said we bought the house from a lady who used to have a Japanese live-in partner. Rumor was the lady killed the Japanese to inherit his money.

As a baby, we then had a maid to take care of me when my mother went to work, that is when I wasn't dropped off at my grandparents' place. One day, my mother got home to find the maid speaking wildly using her native dialect, which was Cebuano. My mother could only speak Tagalog and English and she was spooked as to why she could understand our maid. She panicked and looked for me and was only relieved when she remembered she left me with my grandparents. According to her, the maid said while she was ironing the clothes the whole house started going up in flames. The weird thing was nothing was burning and there was no smoke but everything was in flames. Needless to say, we started looking for a new maid the next morning.

A few years later, when I was around 6 years old, my mother had our house blessed. I can still remember it vividly. I was watching a horror movie alone in the master's bedroom when my mom called me. A priest was going to bless the house. The priest was blessing our living room and the whole time my dog, named Socky, kept biting and gnawing on the priest's dress. Soon as the priest blessed our kitchen that had an aquarium near it, all the fishes from inside it jumped out and some died from the lack of water.

A few days after, my mother and I were watching The Exorcist and right after the movie, I felt my pillow depressing by itself. It's like someone's pushing down on it, except that it was just my head on it and no one else was near me save for my mom. I then look at her and tell her about it and I find her looking straight at me and tells me that I should just pay no mind to it and try to go asleep, which I did. Years after, she said she was really scared but had to be brave for me and that was why she didn't panic at the time.

For a time there wasn't anything weird going on except for this nanny that kept telling me not to pray because God, according to her, did not exist.

When I was 9 years old, we decided to have the house renovated and have my room extended. They had to break the front wall of my room which was fronted by a huge mango tree. The head carpenter we had eventually became our maid's boyfriend and they would sleep in my room which only had a clear plastic cover dividing it from the mango tree so you can clearly see the tree from the inside. The carpenter told my mom that one night he woke up to see a girl in white walking in front of the tree. Thinking it was our maid, he called out her name which, if I remember right, was Sally. The girl just stood there, even after his repeated calls, and what freaked him out was when he looked to his side to see Sally sleeping soundly beside him.

As I got older I started spending more time with my grandparents whom eventually raised me. But one of the last times I visited the house was when I was 13 and I remember sitting on the dining table when the TV just opened and switched to a blank channel and just showed static.

Years later my mom told me that as I kid I would wake up at night and point at a window in her bedroom which fronted a big duhat tree and say that there was a dark man calling me. She also told me that she would sometimes be quietly resting in her room when a ballerina would go through one wall, dance in front of her and then pass through the next wall.

My mother eventually moved to Baguio, a province in the mountains, to take care of one of our businesses. I was asked if I wanted to take the house for myself. Hahaha. I sold it to the first bidder. I even brought a friend with an open 3rd eye before the sale and I found her crying in the car asking why the hell I brought her there. I never told her any stories beforehand. She said a floating old man kept waving to her from my room. I think I remember my mom saying the priest said our house was a portal and random spirits always passed through. There was no way I was going to stay in that home. Ever again.

Next time I'll tell you what I experienced in my present house where I live with my grandparents here in B.F. Paranaque.

Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by bluntforcetrauma

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bluntforcetrauma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bluntforcetrauma (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-28)
Regularshow: hindi pero tumbok yung bahay namin so may katapat kami na kanto. It looks like a duplex. Check mo no. 31
RegularShow (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-19)
bluntforcetrauma ung bahay nyo ba sa Onelia Jose nasa corner at malaki ba ung bahay nyo?
bluntforcetrauma (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
Hey guys I'm sorry for my very late comment. I initially posted this with the house address as the title but I guess the YGS admins changed it ao I never knew it got posted hahaha.

Mhannerism: Yup but because she was crying all the way to her house I didn't want to ask anymore. She is a reluctant 3rd eye owner:)

Darker_side: thank you!

SirenBelva: it is a bit fascinating. So many possibilities for portals...

LilyOfWartune: the ballerina but freaked me out when ny nom told me about it. I'm so glad I missed that one.

Happy Halloween and All Soul's Day guys!

STARCHiCC14: all the people who saw or experiened things in the house save for my mom and friend all did some bad stuff to us in some level. The first maid who saw stuff burn brought meout as a baby at night to meet friends while my mom was out and caused me to get sick. The carpebter who saw a lady in white bought sub standard stuff for the renovation but overcharged us a lot. Thank God we were never harmed though. This happened in Onelia Jose B F Resort.

DARKNESS: it was pretty interesting but I'm justbthankful they weren't as scary as the other experiences in this website:)

Sds: I just wanted out of the house:)
LilyOfWartune (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-23)
Woman in white is not harmful... Some of them,though...
But Ballerina...oh,THAT is scary to me... 😨
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-21)
Portals are so fascinating. I don't blame you for selling the house one bit.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-21)
Hello bluntforcetrauma, you said the priest, who blessed the house told your mother that the house was a portal. You did sell the house to the first bidder. But did you make any investigation about the history of the house besides the fact that the lady, who sold the house to your grandfather was supposed to have killed the Japanese. If you had done some investigation, then definitely it would have given you some more information. You could have asked even your neighbours about it. Especially about the white apparition, which the carpenter saw.

But the spirits, which you, your mother and the carpenter saw or sighted or felt, were not harmful. Anyway now that you have sold the property, it is difficult to investigate.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-21)
bluntforcetrauma: Great accounts here, seems like you had a very interesting childhood, from the types of things witnessed I do believe that the house could very well be a portal to the other side. Look forward to reading more from you. Thanks for sharing.

Dan
ghostlysmile (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-20)
wow it was so spooky, thanks for submiting your story and the tree part was the scariest
STARRCHiCC14 (31 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-19)
Sounds like you got a lot of entities there. Good thing they don't hurt you or any of your family members.

PS: I also lived in Las Piñas before.
darker_side (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-19)
the ballerina part is spooky... But a good story... Thanks for sharing!
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-19)
Natawa ako sa Hahaha na part. Hahaha:D
Yung old man lang yung nakita nung friend mo?
Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: